Boss events

Boss events

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boneyard Yogi.8206

Boneyard Yogi.8206

Q:

I’m disappointed with the way boss events are going. There aren’t enough people on many of the maps to complete the events so nobody gets any loot. I was asked 4 times to move to another map during Tequatl this evening which I did & then by the time I got to the 5th map the event had finished so I didn’t get anything at all. I would have been better off farming mats somewhere, anywhere. The same thing happened earlier in the day with other bosses. Many people must be leaving Tyria to play HoT. Is Tyria going to be forgotten? Is it possible to offer people the option to change maps sooner so that there are more people for boss events. I moved 4 times & still missed out completely.

(edited by Boneyard Yogi.8206)

Boss events

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

A:

I do the daily PVE boss pretty much every day, aiming to turn up as late as possible and it is very rare that I have had to use the LFG or have been prompted to switch maps. So the daily bosses are fine. I’ve not done Teq since completing the achievements but I’d suggest zoning in 10 minutes before and if there are not at least two commander tags up and a health population standing on the beach then use the LFG tool. There will almost certainly be at least one map advertising.

Two other thoughts:

1. You may just be playing at a quiet time of day. Folks have work/school and also that inconvenient thing called sleep to fit in around their gaming.

2. The recently revamped Shatterer clashes with some of the Teq times and will be pulling in some extra players keen to get those new achievements.

But stay away from the “move map” prompt thing. It never seems to work that well.

Edit: Just re-read your response above.
Your best bet in that scenario you described was to place your own advert in LFG called “Teq taxi now”. Folks would have beamed in and you’d probably have ended up with a full map and a successful kill.

(edited by DoctorDing.5890)

Boss events

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

When you say you were asked to move to another map do you mean a player asked you, or the window popped up saying there weren’t many people on that map?

If it’s the window then I think it might be bugged at the moment, it seems to trigger far too quickly. Although it might also be that people were leaving your map because they were using the LFG tool to find organised maps to do the event on, and the game just saw it as lots of people leaving and decided to close yours.

Any time that window pops up you should use your own judgement to decide what to do – if you’re doing an event it’s always best to assume you’ll be moved to a map where it’s not happening (because you’re likely to be moved to one that’s newly created) so if you want to complete the event you should do that first, then switch maps if you want to. You can also ignore it completely and just stay where you are.

I don’t know about NA maps but on EU there seem to be a lot of people at all the world boss events. If you’re on EU or if NA is the same what I suspect is happening is that you’re showing up just before the event is due to begin, when all the organised maps are already full, so you end up in a newly created one with only the few other people who got there late.

Your best options are either to show up earlier so you get into a map as it’s just starting to fill up or use the LFG tool to find a taxi to an organised map.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Boss events

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Odd that you were asked to move so many times. I don’t always trust the “volunteer move” system, because it doesn’t seem to reliably put me on a better map, or even one that’s not about to close.

Just speaking for Tequatl, on NA servers, I never have any problems with it if I arrive in a map 10~15 minutes early. Even most 5-minute maps seem fine, as long as a person or two are in /map chat, trying to get defenses organized.

You really don’t want to switch maps during the fight. If you’re entering a map after Tequatl has landed, unless you’ve been spamming “join in Sparkfly Fen” in a party, it’s probably not a heavily-populated map, and the fight is already lost. Just get there a little early and stay put, that’s my advice.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Boss events

Posted by: Boneyard Yogi.8206

Boneyard Yogi.8206

I’m on the EU server. I did arrive at the first event about 10-15 minutes early & when it started I could see it wasn’t going well & people were leaving so when the pop-up came I took the chance to move. The situation was the same on each map. I spent 15 minutes fighting Tequatl & ended up with nothing. The same time happened earlier today with another boss & it has happened a couple of other times this week. It seems there’s less people at many of the boss events this week.

Boss events

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If no commander tag is up 5 min before Teq LFG out to another map. If there are commanders on the map and the switch prompt shows up ignore it, you have an hour and the boss lasts 20 minutes at most. Commanders do absolutely nothing but they are a psychological crutch people need. I have seen 3 commanders go to the same defence location and still things work out.

Boss events

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I joined a map for teq at the middle of the night after it started. There were 50 or more tags up.

Thats psychological warfare for you….

Are you NA or EU op? Certainly EU is packed for most boss events

Boss events

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Tequatl? Show up 10-20 minutes early and you shouldn’t have a problem. That’s what I do and I’ve never had a problem doing it at any time, from the daily reset to the middle of the night. (NA)

Volunteering shouldn’t popup unless the event is already over, when people begin leaving the maps in mass.

If no commander tag is up 5 min before Teq LFG out to another map.

I see it done without commanders a lot. Sometimes chat is even dead up until the last minute.

Boss events

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I have seen it done without commanders, I have also seen full maps empty because people taxi out since there are no commander tags up. I have done it so many time I usually just land on a map and attack when the time comes. Mostly succeed but if you are not getting successful maps then follow the crowd.