Bots invade Winter Wonderland JP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Despair.2374

Despair.2374

Not sure where this post can be categorized on the forums, but if it needs to be moderated to another forum please do so and I apologize in advance.

Due to the very lucrative rewards, bots are now invading the Wintersday jumping puzzle. This is more like a PSA as I cannot show proof or “blame and shame” on the forums, but please, if you see it report it.

What to look for:
If you are doing the jump puzzle and just suddenly see someone port in front of you midway in your jump puzzle, that was a bot. They will usually just park themselves at Snowman lane pretending not to do anything and then seconds later… POOF! They port at the very end and get rewarded.

tl;dr Bots completing jump puzzle, they get rewarded, I die a little inside. Please report it!

Posted by: Tiny Tove.3589

Tiny Tove.3589

10,000 drinks. Anet think we are bots, we might as well be bots.

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

LMAO.
IDK who in ANET comes up with the attainable goals crap, maybe its the same guy that came up with the WvW Achievements LOL
These people…

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

You want white pixels falling around your virtual avatar, then you’re going to spend 40 to 80 hours grinding for it.

Because MMOs are jobs, not games.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Do bots dream of electric snowflakes?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Ok, and how are they porting exactly? Why do they have this magic ability? I mean it’s a pretty good deal if they can do it, but I don’t see how.

I would be personally even more impressed if someone could actually program a bot to run the puzzle, considering all the variables involved.

It seems more likely to me you’re experiencing some kind of lag spike. I’ve had it happen to me a handful of times.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Someone could so long as they’re on a map by themselves. The only thing not on a timer are the presents.

Posted by: Prothescar.7842

Prothescar.7842

Ok, and how are they porting exactly? Why do they have this magic ability? I mean it’s a pretty good deal if they can do it, but I don’t see how.

I would be personally even more impressed if someone could actually program a bot to run the puzzle, considering all the variables involved.

It seems more likely to me you’re experiencing some kind of lag spike. I’ve had it happen to me a handful of times.

Position hacks. They have existed in every video game since the dawn of time and are not a new thing in GW2. I don’t know where to get one nor do I ever want to learn how to because you’d have to be some kind of special to think that something like that isn’t traceable. All comes down to whether or not someone or something decides to sit down and find you.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Someone could so long as they’re on a map by themselves. The only thing not on a timer are the presents.

I don’t think you could time it with the boulders in mind

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t think you could time it with the boulders in mind

Boulders are on a set timer. There’s nothing random about them.

EDIT: They spawn in 10 second intervals.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Do the puzzle with your Mesmer and drop a portal at the bot’s feet. See if you can send them where you like.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: kfc.8170

kfc.8170

As mentioned before, position hacks. Im not sure if you were here during gw2 early days I personally have been here since beta, and can tell you this is far from being a “new kind of hack” I remember when Cursed Shore farming was a BIG thing, and you would be roaming doing your Orichalcum farming, when suddenly POOF random player would appear gather the ore and dissappear. Suddenly again not even 20 feet from you where the next Orichalcum node is POOF there he goes again! Worse cases of this yet funniest was in the water those who have seen it know exactly what I am talking about.

TL;DR
These Wintersday JP Bots are not farfetched, and hope that they get removed asap, since the grind is real and makes it that much harder for people to join servers when its got bots roaming in them.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Teleport hacks have been around for a long time now, it’s mostly complained about in the WvW forums, but there used to be posts about that in General Discussions regarding people teleporting to mining nodes as well (and some people theorized that we see unreachable mining nodes around certain maps because they’re “honeypots”, traps meant to catch people teleport hacking since it would be impossible to get to those nodes otherwise).

The ones we see hacking in the Wintersday JPs are the dumb ones, the smarter ones wait until they get on a glitched map and can hack without fear of being reported.

kfc.8170

Teleport hacks have been around for a long time now, it’s mostly complained about in the WvW forums, but there used to be posts about that in General Discussions regarding people teleporting to mining nodes as well (and some people theorized that we see unreachable mining nodes around certain maps because they’re “honeypots”, traps meant to catch people teleport hacking since it would be impossible to get to those nodes otherwise).

The ones we see hacking in the Wintersday JPs are the dumb ones, the smarter ones wait until they get on a glitched map and can hack without fear of being reported.

Precisely, they took some action then, and some here and there, though I strongly hope they fix this, I also kind of doubt it. The JP wont be here for a long period of time, let’s hope it isn’t a factor in why they dont bother with the removal of their #1 game breaking issue… the bots of course.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Do bots dream of electric snowflakes?

Only if androids dream of electric sheep.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Hey, the hardcore players asked for stuff like this because the game they bought that catered to casuals wasn’t hard enough.

Go figure.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Hey, the hardcore players asked for stuff like this because the game they bought that catered to casuals wasn’t hard enough.

Go figure.

i don’t think the hardcore players asked for anything. hardcore players generally fall under the category of gamer that play a number of games. hardcore players have no reason to stay in just gw2 and once they done they move on. hardcore gamers don’t give a kitten about cosmetic stuffs either.

so, i strongly believe the tryhard casual-hardcore players asked for it

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Ha! A site called “elitepvpers” that’s full of pathetikittentle cheaters. Pretty leet, alright.

Posted by: pigpen.9780

pigpen.9780

It’s very simple Ftp have free rain to use the game as they please when there in they have the keys to access the code that was in place to the game . ITS NOT HARD TO GAIN CHEATS , CODES , SCRIPTS TO THIS GAME . wHY AND HOW YOU ASK WELL THE DELV’S CAN GIVE THAT ANSWER . Simple . They don’t care ! There are cheats a many and not just with Winters Fest . PVP is another great area to game the System and worst part is there are 100s of video’s on Youtube that are making fun of this whole thing

great place to game

Ayrilana.1396

So some one mentioned a post about the hitting in map chat. So I googled it and found this as well.
http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/gw2-hacks-bots-cheats-exploits/2294937-auto-explorer-winter-wonder-land-coordinate.html
I hope anet can find and permanently ban every one doing this.

Check the timestamps of those posts.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

So some one mentioned a post about the hitting in map chat. So I googled it and found this as well.
[Link removed by me]
I hope anet can find and permanently ban every one doing this.

Check the timestamps of those posts.

Yeah. That thread dates back to 2012 with no new posts since Dec. 12, 2012. It really goes to show just how long this problem has been around. No idea if ArenaNet has ever done anything about it. They probably have. The problem is when the devs find a way to stop the bot programs from working, the botters modify the software to make it work again.

P.S. It’s a really bad idea to post links to any kind of website like that. I’d recommend you guys edit your posts to remove that link before you get yourselves into trouble with a moderator.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Strength.6851

Strength.6851

Completely agree on that last part there Charrbeque,

I was just reading these posts and find it hard people still try to blame lag.

LAG…

like really I have seen this kitten running a muck in the JP i’ve done the kitten achievement near 80 times, and it’s only getting worse with the bots. the worst part is when the botters themselves try to make you out to be the villain by pointing out other botters to only moments later start their bot program in the same game. I have a video out for this nonsense on youtube you can search “Gift Bots” and im sure you’ll find it easily (kinda bad quality). I intend to further my cause into pointing out these bots, and reporting them to:
exploits@arena.net

Charrbeque.8729

Yesterday I was able to get into the JP on the first try every time except once where it kicked me back to Divinity’s Reach. I didn’t notice a single bot at all, and I completed the puzzle 45 times.

Does this mean ArenaNet managed to stop them? Maybe, maybe not.

From what I gather on da internets:
*The botters are annoyed too many people used their program. This is probably the reason why we had so much trouble getting into the jumping puzzle; because there were so many of them.

*Something about “no more sharing the bot due to rapid deflation of sell price for the alc?”

*They’re well aware people are complaining about them on Reddit, the GW2 forums, and in the game.

*They’re annoyed about the fact people noticed them sinking into the ground at the beginning of the puzzle, and one of them wanted to know if there was a different way to set up their program to avoid that. They’re also annoyed people call them out as targets (CTRL+T while targeting them) so we can see them teleport across the map (some players posted videos on YouTube showing this).

*They seem to have decided they got enough wintersday gifts and decided to call it quits (which is probably why I didn’t see any). One bragged about making about 1,000 gold and is closer to a legendary.

*They seem worried about getting their main accounts banned.

Here is the real kicker:
They are hoping ArenaNet isn’t smart enough to track the items/gold their bot accounts passed off to their main accounts, out of fear their mains will get banned.

Edit:
*They mention something of a banwave on January 4 while poking fun at ArenaNet for taking so long to detect them while saying it was probably because they had trouble getting into the JP themselves. They posted a link to a Reddit thread where someone was talking about how much gold the bots could possibly make. There doesn’t seem to be a single post from a dev in that thread, so I have no idea where they get the Jan. 04 date for the banwave (insider information, or just a guess?).

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

Yesterday I was able to get into the JP on the first try every time except once where it kicked me back to Divinity’s Reach. I didn’t notice a single bot at all, and I completed the puzzle 45 times.

Does this mean ArenaNet managed to stop them? Maybe, maybe not.

From what I gather on da internets:
*The botters are annoyed too many people used their program. This is probably the reason why we had so much trouble getting into the jumping puzzle; because there were so many of them.

*Something about “no more sharing the bot due to rapid deflation of sell price for the alc?”

*They’re well aware people are complaining about them on Reddit, the GW2 forums, and in the game.

*They’re annoyed about the fact people noticed them sinking into the ground at the beginning of the puzzle, and one of them wanted to know if there was a different way to set up their program to avoid that. They’re also annoyed people call them out as targets (CTRL+T while targeting them) so we can see them teleport across the map (some players posted videos on YouTube showing this).

*They seem to have decided they got enough wintersday gifts and decided to call it quits (which is probably why I didn’t see any). One bragged about making about 1,000 gold and is closer to a legendary.

*They seem worried about getting their main accounts banned.

Here is the real kicker:
They are hoping ArenaNet isn’t smart enough to track the items/gold their bot accounts passed off to their main accounts, out of fear their mains will get banned.

Edit:
*They mention something of a banwave on January 4 while poking fun at ArenaNet for taking so long to detect them while saying it was probably because they had trouble getting into the JP themselves. They posted a link to a Reddit thread where someone was talking about how much gold the bots could possibly make. There doesn’t seem to be a single post from a dev in that thread, so I have no idea where they get the Jan. 04 date for the banwave (insider information, or just a guess?).

I think it was so easy to get into the jp yesterday because it was New Year’s Eve. Lots of people getting ready for parties, going to parties, etc. The bots are not gone. I saw two of them in the jp earlier tonight and no less than three last night.

Knowing that it annoys them that people call them out as targets just entrenches my determination to do just that! I’m also reporting every one of them I see, for all the good it may do.

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

There is a public Teleport botting script for the wintersday JP. So yes those are all bots, Hope Arena Net bans them all, those scum bags are making thousands of gold a day.

Hellion

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

Teleport botting is common in gw2 and has always been common since 2012 launch. It’s one of the most common hacks used in gw2. The megaservers just make it easy for them to hide, they also stay under the terrain when they Teleport bot nodes so they hardly get reported by players.

You can sometimes see their name tag under the node when you are out gathering. They are also people who use teleport hacks in World vs world.

Wish Arena Net would be a bit more pro active with their security vs these programs that been around since 2012 or go the Blizzard route and sue the creator of the programs that are being sold for real life $$$.

Hellion

Charrbeque.8729

Yeah. Guess they took a day off. I’m having a bit of trouble of getting into the JP today and so far I’ve seen 3 bots, 2 of which were at it for quite a while.

Hmm…..The botters mention something about ‘dev tool’ on their forum. I’m wondering if they mean ‘ArenaNet dev tool’, as in, something only the game developers are suppose to have. It would make sense. Having software that gives them some ability to do what the devs do would allow them to access things in the game’s coding allowing them to use their bot programs and find ways to avoid detection.

Also they said

Add Zero Gravity and port under the first few jumps PLEASE! you would never fall off and would not be seen …

Keep your eyes peeled. They’re trying to find ways to hide their characters better than under the platform on snowman path so it’s harder for us to spot them. They also talk about somehow making multiple instances for themselves, which may or may not be the cause of our problems getting into the JP, but certainly would explain it if it’s true.

However, here is an almost surefire way to spot them that I noticed: the moment they start teleporting across the map their health bar instantly goes solid black and stays that way for a good 10 seconds or so. You can see this in the player list on the left side of the screen. While at the chest I saw a bot I had called out as a target and had a black HP bar on the left of the screen, and after he opened the chest he used the portal to go back to the start where his HP instantly went back to red. If it’s a player actually jumping across like they’re suppose to you’ll notice their HP goes down slowly, due to the frostbite debuff, but refills when they get to Tixx in front of the popping presents.

While at the beginning of the puzzle, click on them in the player list on the left side of the screen right after their HP goes red again. You’ll probably notice while having them targeted you can’t see them. Press CTRL+T to call them out as a target and you’ll probably see a little red circle just poking up through the middle of the snowman path platform.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Well, the easiest way to spot a teleporter would probably to see one at the end chest but with a score of 0. Physically impossible to get to the chest without getting a point unless you cheat.

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

Well, the easiest way to spot a teleporter would probably to see one at the end chest but with a score of 0. Physically impossible to get to the chest without getting a point unless you cheat.

No that does not work, I have already observed one of them not showing up at the ending chest at all, probably the location/port script was edited so that they not just pop up next to the chest like one video on youtube shows, but also port under the chest were they are not spotted right away, just like they are hiding under the fire to try to avoid being seen.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Little Leota.5849

No that does not work, I have already observed one of them not showing up at the ending chest at all, probably the location/port script was edited so that they not just pop up next to the chest like one video on youtube shows, but also port under the chest were they are not spotted right away, just like they are hiding under the fire to try to avoid being seen.

This exactly. I’ve waited at the end to see if the ones I saw hiding in the snowman platform showed up at the end. Although their bar in the player list went black, they never appeared at the chest. Then their bar would turn red again, indicating they were back at the beginning.

Now my concern is that, since I don’t actually see them appear at the end, will I get in trouble for reporting them? I’ve reported at least half a dozen that I’ve seen hiding in the platform. Is that enough to prove they’re using bots?

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

This exactly. I’ve waited at the end to see if the ones I saw hiding in the snowman platform showed up at the end. Although their bar in the player list went black, they never appeared at the chest. Then their bar would turn red again, indicating they were back at the beginning.

Now my concern is that, since I don’t actually see them appear at the end, will I get in trouble for reporting them? I’ve reported at least half a dozen that I’ve seen hiding in the platform. Is that enough to prove they’re using bots?

If you get in trouble for reporting people that can easily be traced to have had botting programs at one point, then I call total bs. So no I doubt you or anyone else constantly reporting bots would be a disservice.

Charrbeque.8729

You shouldn’t get in trouble at all. It doesn’t matter if they managed to open the chest at the end or not. If they’re hiding inside the platform at the beginning of the puzzle and/or teleporting across the map, they are most likely botting. They don’t need to actually gain anything when botting. Botting alone will get them in trouble if the devs can find evidence of it. If they can’t find evidence of wrongdoing they just delete the report ticket and move on.

The botters are talking about trying to find a way to make it so their health doesn’t stay 0 while teleporting and goes down slowly instead, like it does when you actually jump the puzzle yourself. They’re also talking about finding a way to port to the present at the end of the puzzle so they can increase their score a bit and look less obvious. So we may need to look harder to spot them and report them.

Little Leota.5849

Aeon and Charrbeque, thank you for your replies. I’ll continue to report any I see.

Little Leota.5849

I was in the jp just a little while ago and I can confirm that those using bots are arriving at the end underneath the chest.

Attachments:

Endless Soul.5178

Based on the reports Charrbeque is giving us, it seems several botters are reading this very thread.

We’re on to you botters. ~waves~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara

Charrbeque.8729

I was in the jp just a little while ago and I can confirm that those using bots are arriving at the end underneath the chest.

Yep. But it seems they are able to teleport under the environment at the end but have to manually move to be under the chest before they can open it.

And the idiot botter posted a couple screenshots of himself. I censored them to avoid naming and shaming, even though I personally can’t figure out who it is. But it’s something for us to to look for.

Attachments:

Aeon.4127

Charrbeque.8729

These pics are great lol, Feel free to post mopre people *Remember to hide all names though as it would be considered “blame and shame” *. These pics are done well

Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

These pics are great lol, Feel free to post mopre people *Remember to hide all names though as it would be considered “blame and shame” *. These pics are done well

Those aren’t my screenshots. I saved them to my computer. They were posted on the botter’s public forums* by one of the players botting the jumping puzzle.

*Public forums meaning no registration is required to read them.

Speaking of which, 1 of the botters posted this on their forums:

So I added another botter as a friend to check their AP out of curiosity, but the list showed them offline. This means one of two things: they either blocked me or reported me. Considering that I never spoke to them or gave any indication that I was at the computer, I assume they didn’t block, but reported me instead.

I started checking to see if I was being reported by every fellow botter I saw. At least half are reporting me, which means they’re probably reporting you, too. It’s probably safer if the botting program didn’t put you under the starting area so that others would know for sure that you’re botting.

It’s disgusting to think that the main source of ban reports that ArenaNet reviews comes from our own ******* community.

Sounds like the botters are turning on each other. LOL

Note the bolded part in the quote. I’m curious as to how they would know who is reporting them or even if they were reported.

Aeon.4127

Charrbeque.8729

Those aren’t my screenshots. I saved them to my computer. They were posted on the botter’s public forums* by one of the players botting the jumping puzzle.

So I added another botter as a friend to check their AP out of curiosity, but the list showed them offline. This means one of two things: they either blocked me or reported me. Considering that I never spoke to them or gave any indication that I was at the computer, I assume they didn’t block, but reported me instead.

I started checking to see if I was being reported by every fellow botter I saw. At least half are reporting me, which means they’re probably reporting you, too. It’s probably safer if the botting program didn’t put you under the starting area so that others would know for sure that you’re botting.

It’s disgusting to think that the main source of ban reports that ArenaNet reviews comes from our own ******* community.

Note the bolded part in the quote. I’m curious as to how they would know who is reporting them or even if they were reported.

Wow……. lmao! Good, serves them right those bot cheating low life pleb scums! Cant wait to see forum post like "Banned for no “Reason” I will for once be overwhelmingly joyful to see another ban wave. For those botting that are reading this, you are not safe, FT2Bot most likely will still lead to your main account, that gold goes somewhere and they will find out! *laughs maniacally * “Muahahahahaha”!

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Charrbeque.8729

I’d say it’s more likely that the people using bots/cheats just set themselves to appear offline when they log in.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Charrbeque.8729

Wow……. lmao! Good, serves them right those bot cheating low life pleb scums! Cant wait to see forum post like "Banned for no “Reason” I will for once be overwhelmingly joyful to see another ban wave. For those botting that are reading this, you are not safe, FT2Bot most likely will still lead to your main account, that gold goes somewhere and they will find out! *laughs maniacally * “Muahahahahaha”!

“Disgusting”, eh?

Apparently he’s never heard “There’s no honour amongst thieves.”.

Will they even really care if they’re banned, though?

If you only play a game, like this, because you can cheat the system for gold, does it really bother you that much when you’re caught?

Most of us don’t cheat because; a) we don’t see the point of playing games, if you’re going to cheat and/or b) we think it’s wrong and/or c) we don’t want to get banned.

If you don’t agree with the first two things, will you care that much if you’re banned?

Obviously, you hope you won’t be caught, but the thought of trying to play the game without cheating, is presumably so heinous to you, that it’s always going to be worth the risk.

It’s another problem with sub-free games.

They starve you of gold and encourage this type of behaviour.

Sub games also have bots, but it’s more about goldsellers who need to make extraordinary amounts of gold to sell, or people who get bored playing the game normally but still want to progress, or people who are very greedy when it comes to making gold, or a way of easily getting other forms of currency, or ratings, or whatever.

It’s normally not so much about just making ends meet, ingame.

Whereas, in this kind of game, fairly ordinary players are probably more tempted to risk botting, just to try to make enough gold/mats to get what they feel they need/want.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Charrbeque.8729

Hmm…

When people are reporting each other, Anet will also look into reporter’s account. They are reporting themselves too, this will also get themselves ban. Although, i dont know who reported me, but i have some tips that might help reduce the chance to being banned by Anet. PM me if you need it.

Ps. if the list show them offline, they probably go invisible status, this is what i did when i use hack.

In my previous post here I said I wondered how they would know who reported them.

I see a few botting in my instance but I block them if they add me to their contact list. I also appear offline cause I’m botting. Why would I want to interact with others? No, I don’t report fellow botters.. it’s the code. Jk, don’t know about any codes but **** it. I don’t report fellow people that like reaping benefits.

TLDR: I block if you add me. I go offline when I bot.

Ya I really think they’re just set to appear offline.

I’m also having some problems since the 0g update, used to work pretty good b4.

After my last post here, Serval mentioned something about the botters setting themselves to offline.

The botters might be keeping an eye on this thread and may be saying things based on what was said here in order to throw us off. They might make themselves appear online now while botting to try and avoid detection/suspicion.

kfc.8170

These bots… fml…

Charrbeque.8729

And sounds like the banhammer hit. Copy/pasted from the botter’s forums. A couple things [redacted] to avoid giving people ideas.

started already… 4 accounts down the drain… 4320 hours suspended. I guess in 6 month I will have lots of boxes to open

In a later post he says it was for “Modifying or tampering the game” . Which means in 6 months he’ll come back to a ton of wintersday gifts to open and whatever else he obtained through botting. Hopefully ArenaNet was kind enough to remove all illegally obtained gold and/or items from any banned accounts, even accounts they only gave a 6 month suspension to.

And this is funny:

For people with multiple accounts:

Anticipating the ban I had created a free account before botting. I didn’t bot with this free account just yet infact I only logged 5min of gameplay and just parked it at the jp portal in DR.

After getting banned I checked to see if I was able to login with this current account (free) and I was. Moments later they banned my free account. I had not onced used a bot, hacked, or hooked [redacted] into the game under this new account and they still banned it.

The free account was also created under a VPN and only played on a VPN connection. This leads me to believe that they are [redacted] for your other accounts.

Bwahahahaha! Used a VPN on a free account he didn’t bot with and STILL got nailed!

They traced all the gold and items back to peoples main accounts this time… Oh well guess that saves us 6 months of gemstore skins >.<

I am banned on all 3 of my accounts. I ****** up. This bot was amazing though. Time to find a new game. I’m so sad. 3 years of playing and my greed took over me. For those of you that are still playing. Be careful and enjoy!

Sorry to hear that. However, it hurts at first lost, in a week you will be back with free account and have real fun.
I lost my main I played since day 1 of GW2, now I got 4 free accounts suspended for 6 month… Creating 2 more accounts now and feeling great lol
It’s all pixels.

Thank you ArenaNet. You were really on top of these creeps.

Commencing schadenfreude and victory gyrations!

Endless Soul.5178

Excellent!

Most excellent!

| Claara

Little Leota.5849

Outstanding! Job well done, ArenaNet! Thank you for listening to us and taking care of the cheaters. doing teh happy dance!

Posted by: Skinner.4376

Skinner.4376

Thanks ANet! Didn’t expect the ban hammer to happen this fast. A nice belated Wintersday gift to the community.

Posted by: Ironwill.5389

Ironwill.5389

I would just like to add that I caught an anet tag (gogo shazbawt!) entering the jumping puzzle tonight) maybe another nice YouTube video will surface!

Thanks to anet for cleaning house; given how much work I’ve put in to mastering the puzzle, it’s nice to know they’re trying to not invalidate that effort by rewarding cheaters

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

This is great news. If Anet can ban everyone running these hacks, take ALL their shinies and perma ban them then Tyria is a better place for it.

My only wish is that they would do this publicly. Removing hackers from the game is a big thing. I know some companies don’t like admitting they were hacked in the first place but everyone knows these existed. I would love to see these cheaters humiliated, but a perma ban wave is good too. GG Anet, GG.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Bug killer 9000

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ