Bots not getting banned - can community help?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

Hi,

I have found a lot of botters, reported them and nothing happened.
The bots are still running 24/7 on the same spots for about a week.
Some of them even using the teleport hack.

I wonder why they didn’t get banned already.
Does Anet get to many reports and cant handle them fast enough?

I wonder if the community can help somehow by posting videos of them instead of just the ingame report.
Thats something only anet can answer.

I would be glad to assist anet to get those bots banned as fast as possible.

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

I too have found bots running and reported them. I can report in one instance I did check later and found them gone. Based only on this sole example, I assume they are working on the problem. It was either that, or the botter out-leveled the content and moved to a new spot.

Posted by: sorae.7394

sorae.7394

or the botter out-leveled the content and moved to a new spot.

I’m seeing more and more botters in the higher level maps, so it’s probably the latter.

Posted by: aphoticzone.9103

aphoticzone.9103

5 bots in a small area of the human starter area, using the teleport hack, are interfering with the hearts by taking away spawns. Reported hours ago and they are still there. I find the presence of so many bots out in the open very frustrating. I realize that they may eventually get removed, but I think this process needs to be sped up. If they are there the entire time I am in the area, then they are directly affecting my gameplay.

(edited by aphoticzone.9103)

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hello,

The reporting of bots must be done via the ingame tool, and opening these threads serves no purpose since it doesnt speed up the process.
Therefore, I am closing this thread.

Posting videos/images of botters/exploiters is considered as character assassination/harrashing/shaming and is severly punished. Please refrain from doing that.

Thanks

Posted by: kippetje.5624

kippetje.5624

I have a somewhat related question, how should I report advertisements to websites that sell (for instance) gold?

- Haven’t re-checked ToS but it’s probably not allowed
- Usually spammed in chat
- Usually done by bots
- probably a scam

ie. which offense should I report this as, or would be most efficient?

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Er, wasn’t this thread supposed to be closed? ‘Cause I have some choice comments on botting I’d still like to share.

Posted by: aphoticzone.9103

aphoticzone.9103

Actually, my comment was that bots need to be addressed faster, which is not the same as reporting botting here. I only mentioned where I saw them as an example, not as a means of reporting them in the forum. The fact that this needs to be handled in a timely manner is a topic that should be recognized, not ignored.

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

I found some bots from an opposing server farming the Skritt in their WvW borderlands. We resolved the bot issue and got lots of exp and loot as well.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

I just wanted to know if there is anything we can do as player to get the bots banned faster.

But the thread is not going the direction it should and the Moderator said we can do nothing.
Think the thread can rly be closed now.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I just wanted to know if there is anything we can do as player to get the bots banned faster.

Your job is to report them. It’s someone else’s job to collect the info and analyze it, then ban them when they have the info they need to stop them from coming back.

Banning a single bot does nothing. It’s like the difference between killing one rat and calling an exterminator. The extermintor doesn’t show up the second you hang up the phone, but he gets rid of a lot more rats.

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

Hey there moderator .
Can you understand that we are not reporting bots here. We did it already and numerous times ingame.

We are extremely frustrated and are demanding actions to be taken already !
And yes these threads serve a purpose to show you how big the issue is and how many of us are disappointed.
You are closing all bot related topics as if you want to close our mouths and pretend that noting is happening.

(edited by Liliana Moore.4237)

tolunart.2095

Hey there moderator .
Can you understand that we are not reporting bots. We did it already and numerous times ingame.

We are extremely frustrated and are demanding actions to be taken already !

What will you do if your demands are not met? Cancel your subscription?

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

Typically, what the developers do when they find a ‘bot’ is to observe what they are doing and how they are doing it so they can take steps or change code to prevent it. This takes time.

Other games have done the same thing… learn what the bots are doing, make a fix for it, then do mass bannings.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

Typically, what the developers do when they find a ‘bot’ is to observe what they are doing and how they are doing it so they can take steps or change code to prevent it. This takes time.

Other games have done the same thing… learn what the bots are doing, make a fix for it, then do mass bannings.

I imagine this is what they are doing. They did something similar in GW1.

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

Why don’t they just download/buy all the bot programs and fix the code that way?

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

What will you do if your demands are not met? Cancel your subscription?

This game has no subscription plans. There is no need for trolling on the forum.
And please do not answer for someone else when the post was not addressed to you.
But I will tell you what I have done already. Clicked a button Ignore Posts by tolunart.2095 At least I have the power to exterminate trolling rats 1 by 1.

(edited by Liliana Moore.4237)

tolunart.2095

Not trolling, but it helps to have a sense of humor. This is a game, I play it because I enjoy it, and don’t take it too seriously.