Botting Issue

Botting Issue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lazybuddha.8619

Lazybuddha.8619

I have started to wonder how long it takes for them to deal with these issues. So I watched a trio of what I assume are people botting. So i reported the issue and then added them to my friends list to see if anything would happen. Day 3 (9/25/12) and nothing. It has me wondering if anything is really done?

Posting this to get other peoples input on this issue and also to see if this is common?

Botting Issue

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

I had reported a suspected botter just the other day and I watched him disappear in a few minutes.

Botting Issue

Posted by: Doctor Ivo Robotnik.3879

Doctor Ivo Robotnik.3879

Seeing how they are nerfing ways to farm up money and other resources in this game, I would think they are trying to cut the head off the snake with the botters. Unfortunately, this hurts legit players more than it hurts the botters/famers.

Botting Issue

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

Seeing how they are nerfing ways to farm up money and other resources in this game.

This does seem to be part of their approach and unless they remove all loot from the game it’s not going to work. Bots that run 24/7 just get moved to a new spot.

I report a lot of bots too and most of them are 100% blatant so I would hope that trained people with data tools could see them just as easily and quickly.

So I don’t see why it takes them so long to deal with botters.

They also seem willing to gut the game SOMETIMES to deal with botters, usually by killing drop rates where botters are, which also hurts real players who may be spending TIME to get crafting mats (not always, players seem to wallow in exploitive behaviors in this game too).

But then they won’t make any changes to the bridge in kessex which has so many bots that you can’t even see mobs spawn or approach, you only see them once they’re ON you. this spot has been a problem since day 1 and has never been addressed. So many bots there they push each other into the river and you can see bots shooting off into space. It’s just stupid. So, how about CHANGE THE FREAKING EVENTS OR GEOGRAPHY THERE? Especially if you’re unwilling to lift a finger to ban the multitudes of bots there.

Botting Issue

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

I don’t know if it is because I am more aware of bots overall, or that the cooperative nature of this game makes me pay attention to what other “players” are up to, but I’ve never seen so many bots in a game. It’s truly crazy. And between the teleporting, the ability to stand right next certain mobs and not aggro them, and being able to shoot, say, north and kill something far behind them to the south, it’s just plain aggravating to see such blatant exploits flaunted for days on end.

One hopes the delay in bot eradication is caused by the desire to purge the game of bots in a short amount of time and (somewhat) permanently once they have a solution – instead of playing whack-a-mole. But the problem, in some places, impacts game play and enjoyment so directly and obviously, that a little whack-a-mole may not be a bad idea.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

Botting Issue

Posted by: Audiophish.3418

Audiophish.3418

I am REALLY sick of all the bots! Seriously, there needs to be some sort of active GM or something related to banning bots. I mean, I’ve attached a screen of people that have been standing there shooting at NOTHING for 5 or 6 hours now. wtf.

Attachments:

Botting Issue

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Thanks you for your concerns. As we have repeatedly insisted, the issue is fully acknowledged by the team and we are currently working on it. We ask you to keep reporting those fellows through the in-game reporting tool.

Thank you very much.
We will proceed now to lock this thread.