Botts and multiboxing

Botts and multiboxing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Senkrad.9840

Senkrad.9840

so ive seen the post explaining how arenanet’s been doign their best about the bot problem but 2 days ago i found my first multiboxing bot, for those new to this its pretty much 6+ toons normaly all the same class stacked up together just grinding an area on a map. When i saw this i just figured it was a one time thing, then i entered gendarran fields and was blown away, ive so far counted 8 maybe 9 mini bot zergs farming the map, people int he area have estimate around 100+ bots running around and this is just one area. Ive been reporting all the ones im able to tag in time since they’re always on the move and in large numbers its hard to hit them all.

What im wondering is if this is only happening in a few maps or is this some kind of plague going around. id hate to think what this is doing to the game’s econ, not to mention its really annoying having to compete with a zerg that pretty much 1 shots anything in the area were most hearts are at.

while im here i might as well ask, does any 1 know if reports for bots get taken lightly? every one ive talkted to says they instantly report them but ive seen the same group around the area when i log out and back in a few hours later. and considering they some hoe managed to get to lvl 30 im worried that arenanet’s not droping the ban hammer fast enough.

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Irnhide.3428

Irnhide.3428

The amount of bots running around is completely out of control and breaks the immersion of the game 100%

I see multi-boxing Asian bow rangers running around in a train of 10-15 accounts just tagging everything in a zone and killing it.

I don’t login every much these days and am around level 73. I’m hoping this game becomes more finished in the near future.

No incentive to play right now… it sucks. Paid a full 60 dollars for this game. I feel it should of been free.

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Melk.6958

Melk.6958

If they had open world PVP with loot…we wouldn’t have this problem

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

No incentive to play right now… it sucks. Paid a full 60 dollars for this game. I feel it should of been free.

Excuse me waiter! – I didn’t like my meal I’ve now eaten… so I shan’t be paying, good day! (People have some strange attitudes xD)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

You know you’re doing something wrong when you have more bots than people playing your game.

For the record: i have no more patience wrt bots.

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: necromancin.2396

necromancin.2396

Yes I seen the issue, whats funny is the loot system has back fired. All any one needs to do is just follow a bot hord and loot everything after hiting the mobs 1 time. Easy way to make gold and lvl.

Talk is cheap; Blood is costly
Access Denied [DENY]
Sea of Sorrows

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Someone on Tarnished Coast suggested last night that if a suspected bot receives 100 reports, it should be automatically flagged PvP.

I like this idea

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Bots and multiboxing are two different things really. Bots are fully automated with nobody behind the computer. Multiboxing is two or more characters being controlled by one person generally just using a program to link two or more computers to one keyboard if multiple instances of a game isn’t allowed.

The main difference between the two is multiboxing players can go wherever they want, while bots seem to generally move around a particularly small area beating up neutral/weak mobs, or even remain stationary and wait for mobs to respawn. o_O

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

I’ve multi-boxed other games. I have no problems with multi-boxers. If there is a live person there, controlling all the characters, I don’t mind that at all.

The automated, scripted bots should be nuked though

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Wolfend.5287

Wolfend.5287

I would suggest that ArenaNet make an ‘official’ announcement about Multi-Boxing, in a Highly Visible location, as most players do not know the annoyance is an exploit, or even less how to properly report it [portrait context menu].

For me it is getting out of hand, leading to less interest exploring in open world, kinda wishing for the good ole days of GW1 instancing.

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

"

Yes I seen the issue, whats funny is the loot system has back fired. All any one needs to do is just follow a bot hord and loot everything after hiting the mobs 1 time. Easy way to make gold and lvl."

You can’t just hit something once to tag it. Trust me on this one if that were the case then I’d get way more EXP and loot from events.

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

I have played more MMOs than I could possibly list or recall but GW2 comes to mind as being one of the most bot infested games I have ever seen. And this is coming from a guy you played a few korean MMOs where botting was actually built into the core as a feature.

All I can say is that a) it is super easy to spot bots in GW2 b) all it would take is a few GMs (if there is such a thing) to go to the popular bot spots and start swinging the ban hammer.

Personally getting tired of reporting, there is just far to many bots to even keep track of.

As to more on topic about multi boxing bots, this is becoming very popular it seems.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I’ve multi-boxed other games. I have no problems with multi-boxers. If there is a live person there, controlling all the characters, I don’t mind that at all.

The automated, scripted bots should be nuked though

Well except that multi-boxing also consists of bots: You control one character, the other 4 (or w/e) are just bots that automatically analyse and copy the movement of the one human-controlled character. For all we know they might even just as well automatically copy the movement of any other human-controlled character that is moving nearby in the game.

If you want multi-boxing that isn’t botting but really human-controlled, I suggest you plug in 5 keyboards into your PC and get really busy. I guess 2 hands, 2 feet and 1 nose might work..

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

You know you’re doing something wrong when you have more bots than people playing your game.

For the record: i have no more patience wrt bots.

There are not more bots than players. Silly exaggeration.

Perhaps you are limiting your play scope to a far too small aspect of the game, bots stick to the same areas, if you broaden your game play past those few event areas you will forget bots even exist.

I don’t understand why people think that where the bots are is the only viable place to play… makes no sense.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

For goodness sake people, in the same post the OP mentions that on his server, in a single zone there are a whole ton of bots. Then complains that they aren’t being dealt with fast enough.

More bots = more time to verify they are bots before they can be banned. The GMs will eventually get around to banning your servers bots and then likely some more will show up. But keep reporting them and then move along, it will only adversely effect your gameplay if you let it.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Pictish.3410

Pictish.3410

Bluestone- I am not exactly sure what you are talking about, I have multiple toons and with the exception of Orr i can honestly say I am coming across more bots than humans in alot of areas. Your idea that you can avoid them, well not if you want to complete hearts or take part in events. My last session i was in queens land, every single quest area had atleast a minimum of 2-3 bots in it some had upto 20, not to mention those in between those areas where you have concentrations of mobs.
Even your idea of report them but do not let them effect your game-play makes no sense, stopping to report a train of 15 bots or even a group of 7 is certainly effecting game-play when you do it in every quest area you go to, trying to complete a quest where every mob in the area is being killed on re spawn by multiple groups timed to run a route clearly does effect game-play. where is the challenge in oneshotting everything because of bot trains or collecting things off the ground in a spawn area because all mobs are being instantly killed.

I am really not sure what you are trying to say the op says in one zone there are tons of bots and they are not being dealt with, well if the area is infested with bots they clearly are not being dealt with.

more bots= more adverse effect on gameplay, eventually getting round to banning them does not stop their current effect on players, to say that people are letting bots effect their gameplay is rather sad, players have no choice if they are everywhere. Unless of course you think spending all day doing jumping puzzles, standing in cities or PVP is the goal of the game, because that is the only areas I have never had bots interfere with game-play.

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: CoffeeBean.8690

CoffeeBean.8690

My spouse actually shelved his mid level ranger alt after we’ve run across bot group after bot group in Orr (all rangers with brown bear pets).

We report every one we find – hopefully we get them all, it’s kind of hard to make sure you get each individual one though since they’re usually stacked – but it just looks so bad to regular joe schmoe players like us.

Botts and multiboxing

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, it’s appreciated. We are taking such issues very seriously, and it’s one of our top priorities at the moment. Our team is working very hard to find the best way to solve this.

But as we explained, we want to give you an update about that only when everything will be setup, not before.

Thank you for your understanding & patience.