Bought Guild Wars 2 18 December 2013

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ProDualz.1429

ProDualz.1429

I bought Guild Wars 2 on 18 december 2013 and now it’s 40% it’s really sad for me there’s probalby nothing you can do about it but i just want to let you guys know that iam really sad now.

Vincent , Merry christmas & Happy new year

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Depends on where you bought it from and how you bought. If you purchased the box, some stores have a price guarantee, that if you find it at a lower cost within a set amount of time, they’ll match it and give you the difference back. Even some online purchases will do this… All you can do it check

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Cheer up darling, it’s Wintersday! All of us paid full price for it originally, and are still playing it today. So in essence, you didn’t waste a dime.

Plus me and my snowman companion are bringing free gifts to the people of Kryta. So come and join us, and forget about silly discounts.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Depends on where you bought it from and how you bought. If you purchased the box, some stores have a price guarantee, that if you find it at a lower cost within a set amount of time, they’ll match it and give you the difference back. Even some online purchases will do this… All you can do it check

Even ArenaNet does this sometimes. Can’t hurt to check. =)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Anet has a refund policy that I believe is no questions asked. Return the game and buy a discounted version.
Merry Christmas

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you bought it directly from buy.guildwars2.com:

They’ve offered price difference refunds on gem store items before, so they might refund the difference. You may also request a refund and buy a new account at the discounted price.

http://support.guildwars2.com/

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

You’re still getting some of the best gaming value for your dollar:

- No sub fee
– Constantly updated content
– Everything in the cash shop can be bought with in game currency instead of cash

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Yeah, just imagine us poor suckers who pre-ordered the game….

By comparison your loss is nothing.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

You’re still getting some of the best gaming value for your dollar:

- No sub fee
– Constantly updated content
– Everything in the cash shop can be bought with in game currency instead of cash

1. Right, no sub fee
2. Living Story content is mostly temporary.
3. Tell him how much gold he would need to farm in order to buy an 800 gem item.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Well the main reason I see this being a saddening situation is that had you waited a few days you could have gotten the discount.

But all in all… well promotion discounts happen, happened a few times before and will happen again. No regrets on my part.

Maybe since it is such short time it is about you can get a deal, can at least try. Otherwise… just enjoy the game, even without the discount it is good value for the money. In my opinion anyway.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Oist.2879

Oist.2879

I was suppose to buy GW2 on the 18th. Good thing I was still undecided what digital version to buy til the next day—40% OMG!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Open a support ticket, no harm in asking.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Anet has a refund policy that I believe is no questions asked. Return the game and buy a discounted version.
Merry Christmas

I spoke to support about this and in fact they do, however all bank-accounts and email addresses associated with the game account are permanently blacklisted from all GW2 related purchases. Can’t buy the game, can’t buy gems.

You can circumvent this by buying retail, but retail won’t have the 40% off anyway. And you’ll still be blocked from purchasing gems.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Merry Christmas

I spoke to support about this and in fact they do, however all bank-accounts and email addresses associated with the game account are permanently blacklisted from all GW2 related purchases. Can’t buy the game, can’t buy gems.

You can circumvent this by buying retail, but retail won’t have the 40% off anyway. And you’ll still be blocked from purchasing gems.

Really? After owning the game for a couple of days? Seems harsh.

Edit: It would be a way to cut off gold sellers and people who just want to scam but still seems harsh.