Bought the game - cannot play with friends...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nexen.5870

Nexen.5870

So, my friends finally convinced me to purchase the game to play together, only to find out that the World which they plan on (Underworld) is full, and I cannot join them.

Must I wait for a player to actually transfer out of Underworld, or is this being addressed?

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

you can all transfer for free to a very high server.
but at the rate its currently going it seems that every NA server will be full by the end of the month.

Posted by: tomshreds.1745

tomshreds.1745

Normally I’d say, when in a party, right click on your friend and click on join. But IT NEVER WORKS!

Is there anyone who has an idea of what’s going on about this?

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

You have to be in the same zone for that to work, and it has to be going into an overflow server.

Just keep watching the server population; they usually fluctuate in and out from full.

Posted by: Roargathor.2743

Roargathor.2743

Good luck with that. I have been watching the server list like a hawk for the last 3 days… It hasn’t budged.

Posted by: Mercucial.6759

Mercucial.6759

But everyone on the forums will tell you the game is dying.

Posted by: tomshreds.1745

tomshreds.1745

You have to be in the same zone for that to work, and it has to be going into an overflow server.

Any other constraints? Like it must be during the night and you must wear ascended gear to be able to join your friend’s server?

But seriously, be both on an overflow server and the same zone. How is this possible? The only way I see of doing this is to go to lion’s arch?

Thanks anyways hehe