Bounty Hunt Training missions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

Q:

Bounty Hunt Training missions any more information on these?

“New Guild Bounty Hunt Targets

More fugitives are on the run, and the Tyrian authorities need your guild to bring them in! Prepare yourself for a challenge, because these three new bounty targets are more elusive and menacing than ever. Bounty Hunt Training missions are perfect for a new or small guild looking to work their way up to bigger challenges."
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/

How do people think they should work?

Posted by: Flipside.4152

Flipside.4152

I think it works like any other guild mission unlock although with lower unlock cost and lower merit/no merit rewards than the full fledged Guild bounty more suitable for new/small guilds.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Maybe you can use the training missions to practice boss mechanics and to optimize the coordination of your groups.

Maybe they cost only 200 influence without unlocking guild bounty and give no commendations and merits.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Maybe they only give half the reward and are much cheaper. Hard to say, but at least they are making the effort to try and help small guilds.

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

Yes I really like the idea as my guild is still 35,000 influence off getting guild bounty just wish we had some more information on it cause maybe am not down the right tree it needs for all I know!

Again i think game updates need more info a good time before launch so prep can be made.

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Well one thing for sure is that you dont get told where the bounty is….

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

You’re given more than enough of a clue to deduce the zone- then it’s up to your guild to hunt and find the target. Some of them have their own little quirks in terms of tracking them down..

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I activated the Bounty Hunt Training and all that came up was “The Bounty Hunt Training has begun”.

Nothing else till 15 mins later it said “The Bounty Hunt Training has failed”

Is there a icon in the map that you are supposed to go to? Cause I sure didn’t get any clue…

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I activated the Bounty Hunt Training and all that came up was “The Bounty Hunt Training has begun”.

Nothing else till 15 mins later it said “The Bounty Hunt Training has failed”

Is there a icon in the map that you are supposed to go to? Cause I sure didn’t get any clue…

It’s under your Guild panel, Upgrades, Missions. When you activate one, it’ll give the info there. dulfy.net is being kind enough to keep guides up-to-date if you want more prep time.

Posted by: Wombatt.2546

Wombatt.2546

Are the possible bounty targets the same as in the full-blown Guild Bounties?

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Yes. The only difference is that it’s a single target.

Posted by: Wombatt.2546

Wombatt.2546

Ok. Just making sure that we still had to/should scout all the potential targets. Thanks!

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Ok. Just making sure that we still had to/should scout all the potential targets. Thanks!

You shouldn’t have to scout all the potential targets. It’s a single target in the same time (15 minutes). You should be able to find and kill it in that time. Even smaller groups, as they scale pretty well from my experience. As an example, a group of seven of us found and killed two targets (a Tier 1 mission) with no pre-scouting. But it is a good habit to get in to for the T2s and 3s.

EDIT: I also think the “practice” target list is shorter, but can’t prove why I think that.