Braham's Wolfborn Pauldrons unlock

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Why is this not unlocked for people who bought the outfit already?

It feels extremely cheap to charge people who bought their outfit an extra 300 gems just so they can use a specific item from it…

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i actually hope this is the start of outfits getting turned into armour skins,
even if they want money for things we already have, we’ve all been wanting outfits converted to armours for a looong time!

(edited by Liewec.2896)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Because outfits aren’t armor and ANet is selling stuff in the gem store to pay their bills?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Zenith.7301

Because outfits aren’t armor and ANet is selling stuff in the gem store to pay their bills?

I already paid their bill, don’t act as if they’re giving me free stuff. it’s not like they created a unique asset.

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

It isn’t unique… but it isn’t exactly the same either. Outfit =/= Armor. You may try submitting a ticket but it is doubtful if their response will be a positive one.

Personally, I think this is good (not you having to pay extra part…portions of outfits being converted to armor part). Anet gets more sales; both outfit & armor crowd get their piece of the cake; everyone wins (almost… there are no perfect solutions).

Giving free armor pieces to outfit owners won’t be fair to those that purchase armor piece. 1/6th of outfit converted is priced 300 and, while I don’t honestly remember the price of outfit, I doubt if it was 1800.

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

Just a flesh wound.3589

I already paid their bill, don’t act as if they’re giving me free stuff. it’s not like they created a unique asset.

Do you expect a business to give you free stuff because you bought something from that business before? Would you go to a clothing store, buy a shirt and then say the next shirt should be free because parts of the other shirt looks similar to the one you bought?

ANet is a business. They may be selling pixels but the gems store is where they are making their day to day money. They aren’t going to hand out free items, no more than a brick and mortar store will hand you free stuff. They both have bills to pay.

ANet may give it to you.

Zenith.7301

Do you expect a business to give you free stuff because you bought something from that business before? Would you go to a clothing store, buy a shirt and then say the next shirt should be free because parts of the other shirt looks similar to the one you bought?

ANet is a business. They may be selling pixels but the gems store is where they are making their day to day money. They aren’t going to hand out free items, no more than a brick and mortar store will hand you free stuff. They both have bills to pay.

They are not similar shirts; they’re the same exact item, please don’t try analogies ever again.

They’re not giving me everything for free. I already have the kitten item except I’m restricted from using only parts of that item separately until I pay an extra 300 gems.

I’ve maxed out bank tabs, unlimited character slots, character bags on 7 toons, permanent airship pass, 4 unlimited tools, and have bought several outfits and weaponskins. Don’t you come here and talk down to me as if I don’t support this game financially and just want free stuff.

Just a flesh wound.3589

They are not similar shirts; they’re the same exact item, please don’t try analogies ever again.

They’re not giving me everything for free. I already have the kitten item except I’m restricted from using only parts of that item separately until I pay an extra 300 gems.

I’ve maxed out bank tabs, unlimited character slots, character bags on 7 toons, permanent airship pass, 4 unlimited tools, and have bought several outfits and weaponskins. Don’t you come here and talk down to me as if I don’t support this game financially and just want free stuff.

Do you know of any business where they give items away to people once they’ve bought one of that item before or do they charge for each and every thing that is bought, similar or not.

And no, a piece of armor and an part of outfit are not identical. They are superficially similar in appearance but one is part of a statless onesie and the other is an armor skin made to fit over 3 different meshes with stats and the location of the dye channels is different between an outfit and armor

ANet is still a business selling things through the gemstore. Just because someone buys something similar doesn’t mean ANet will give away another item for free. Like all businesses, anet has bills to pay.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i purchased several outfits years ago and i’d happily pay to buy parts of them as armour skins.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Be happy we can convert gold to gems

Posted by: Despair.2374

Despair.2374

My only complaint is that they are way too big for shoulders, can we maybe get the default size that we see on the original outfit?

They’re too big on the asura model currently, but the ones I get from the outfit are perfect.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

i purchased several outfits years ago and i’d happily pay to buy parts of them as armour skins.

Option to buy parts as armor skins – agreed.

I really appreciate what they did with Braham’s Wolfblood Pauldrons.

Would kill to see the Hexed Outfit hat (female version) sold as a separate piece.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

My only complaint is that they are way too big for shoulders, can we maybe get the default size that we see on the original outfit?

They’re too big on the asura model currently, but the ones I get from the outfit are perfect.

so much this. seriously. if they were the same size as the outfit I’d be more inclined to consider them, but as is, no way.

Attachments:

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Zenith.7301

so much this. seriously. if they were the same size as the outfit I’d be more inclined to consider them, but as is, no way.

It’s even worse for male norn and sylvari who have well documented waist and shoulder oversized armor issues.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

they’re the same exact item,

No they are not.

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

whats next they are going to sell gloves for 300 gems than boots for 300 gems ?

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Outfits are a good investment. It does not cost you transmutation charges to change, and they do look nice. Almost all outfits have something interesting in them. Most of the times, when if I see them on special offers, I get them.

However, I do not like Llama finisher and Unicorn finisher. How dare they put finishers on trading post?! I bought so many finishers in the past, and afterwards they added them into Black Lion Chest, now selling for a couple of gold each on auction. They will be waiting a very long time for my gems to spend for finishers, not after what they did to all other finishers in the past.

In other words: buy outfits and skins, avoid finishers.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

As some feedback to this particular item am I the only one that feels it has a MAJOR issue in terms of clipping and design?

Ive tried wearing this on human female, human male, on multiple races and it looks AWEFUL in terms of clipping, its too far away from the models making it look like im wearing floating shoulderpads.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I would have bought these if they were not again ridiculously huge on males :P

Just a flesh wound.3589

As some feedback to this particular item am I the only one that feels it has a MAJOR issue in terms of clipping and design?

Ive tried wearing this on human female, human male, on multiple races and it looks AWEFUL in terms of clipping, its too far away from the models making it look like im wearing floating shoulderpads.

Pretty much par for the course with the ridiculous oversized, floating shoulder pads. It’s a design style from WoW copied over to here. A pity that the people making these shoulder pads haven’t rethought this ugly, tired design.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Could it be a technical problem that makes the armor version of the shoulders that big?
I don’t really like the design, but I’m thinking on buying it anyway just because it is armor, not outfit.
If this trend is going to keep going, PLEASE, make the Arcane outfit boots and helmet separate pieces! Please! My asura needs shoes that don’t clip with their toes, and headwear that respect the existence of ears.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks