Brainstorming - Healing-related boons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: anAngryHamster.2391

anAngryHamster.2391

A disparity that caught my attention in GW2 is the lack of healing boons in comparison to damaging conditions. Confusion, torment, and poison all have different effects which provide nuances for players focusing on CD. How would a boon which increases healing done or received effect existing healers in group comp? How about boons that heal in an AOE or pulse strong heals infrequently requiring quick reactions from boon strippers?

I’m not asking for a corresponding heal for each damaging condition or even suggesting that healing needs an overhaul at the moment. I’m just curious what you all think.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

While it isn’t a boon, there are a few traits in the game that do increase your healing power under certain conditions, which would be of a similar nature to what you describe (boon that increases healing done).

Could we get an actual boon that does the same thing so you can share it with others? Yea, I don’t see why we couldn’t have that. I don’t know if we need another boon introduced to the last game (and am in favor of removing 1 or 2 for that matter) though.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

While it isn’t a boon, there are a few traits in the game that do increase your healing power under certain conditions, which would be of a similar nature to what you describe (boon that increases healing done).

Could we get an actual boon that does the same thing so you can share it with others? Yea, I don’t see why we couldn’t have that. I don’t know if we need another boon introduced to the last game (and am in favor of removing 1 or 2 for that matter) though.

Technically, I suppose, the necromancer vampirism trait is just that, so it’s not like it would be a completely new mechanic.

Perhaps just throwing it as a boon on them would get people to stop complaining about lack of group support in raids, on the forums, and all.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Biggest difference is that damage only stops being useful when the fight is over. Healing can stop being useful much more frequently. That basically means the amount of healing required is lower than the amount of damage.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

More healing boons is kinda pointless.

Just make Regeneration stack in intensity.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Rather than a healing boon, why not add encounters for PvE where healing affects enemies and does more damage than conditions and direct damage? For PvP/WvW, a new e-spec that offers a unique debuff (instead of a unique buff) that makes your heals also damage an opponent.

New encounters and unique debuffs are things Anet should be looking into, as PvE encounters are becoming stale, and there are so many unique buffs that the buff bar is becoming ridiculously cluttered.

This would be a great chance to give healing specs more chances to shine and new niches for diversity and group dynamics.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

This game needs not more boons, it needs LESSER!!

Same as much as it needs lesser conditions.

The stuff you talk about OP is easily achieveable through other different ways. Theres no need to spam this game full further with more needless boons.

Anet can use either Traits to make Healing Skills more interesting in various different ways.
Or they can and should use Sigils and Runes to make Healing Effects in this game more diversive and interesting.
Or they could introduce something completely new, that would help in making Character Development more depthful by implementing a “Talent System” that would allow Character Development and Progression to give the player options, with that the Player would become able to improve “specific” Basic, Classbased, Typebased & Special Talents with that the Player could learn Mechanics, that define the passive effects of how all things of your Character in or outside of Combat should work when using Skills or performing any Actions in the game, while Traitlines could be then there solely for the purpose of defining the active mechanics of Weapon Skills only to alterate their effects

Traits, Upgrades, Talents – 3 Systems with that you can create alot more diversity and interesting dynamics and effects based on skilsl and actions being done by the player in the game, which surpass by far the options one can do with just only the Boon System, without making Boons at the same time just only for 1 single effect – Healing – way too overcomplex.

Boons & Conditions shold be just a simple base mechanic frame – the finetuning and customization should completely come from only Traits, Upgrades and potentially Talents of an Character that are defined by the player who decides through them, how your Character should be and which mechanics and dynamics should decide over it, how your character works in this games combat system and how those settings define in the end your personal playstyle with your character.

All of this shouldn’t be decided only with Boons.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Glyph of Empowerment (CA form) = Healing power modifier
Sigils / Runes / Food

Not sure we need more healing modifiers than that.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Glyph of Empowerment (CA form) = Healing power modifier
Sigils / Runes / Food

Not sure we need more healing modifiers than that.

Ventari tablet also functions as a sort of pulsing healing aura thing.