Brand new class (not a Gw1 class)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

What’s some classes you would like to see created or added to the game that wasn’t a class from GW1,
If the new big content pack in a few months features new classes that is..?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Apple merchant!!!

Can sell apples to NPC’s for 1-2c each (Needs apples to sell)

Weapons: Knife, staff, Apples.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

What big new content pack?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

That’s speculation based on this: http://south.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/guild-wars-2-beyond-the-point-of-no-return

Personally, I’m hoping that they never introduce new professions. Just more weapon options, healing/utility/elite skills, traits and one or more races.

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Personally, I’m hoping that they never introduce new professions. Just more weapon options, healing/utility/elite skills, traits and one or more races.

Blasphemy!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a Dervish-like class. Maybe one who uses the different powers of the eternal alchemy (dragon powers) instead of the powers of the human gods.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Druid shapeshifter profession.

JQ Druid

Knighthonor.4061

Hey can you all stay on topic. the Big new content update could be anything, doesnt have to be whatever the Pax reveal is…. Thats why I was vague about it.

Also no GW1 classes. Brand new ideas for sake of this discussion.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Where do you get the “Big new content update” from?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Bard? or some type of dancing class i am not sure if there was something like that in GW1 but the guild wars universe seems like it should have an “arts” class.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

wth are content packs?

there have been feature packs, but there isnt even a feature pack 3 confirmed atm

and a feature pack, contains game features for the UI, not classes amd races

anyways, ON TOPIC, i would like to see a combo of the dervish and ritualist into a sort Spirit Warrior

yes we have a guardian who uses spirit weapons….but this would be more summoning the strength of a spirit to effect the way u fight, for instance u could have a power, condi, defensive, and healing spirit u could summon the str of

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

Apple merchant!!!

Can sell apples to NPC’s for 1-2c each (Needs apples to sell)

Weapons: Knife, staff, Apples.

An Apple merchant from Cupertino, no less!

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

The Chronomancer. Because, there’s already cool artwork.

Everbody loves cool cool artwork.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Third soldier. That’s the only thing that’s needed. And what I want from it:

• Dark Soldier theme (of magical themes, we are lacking 2 lights and 2 darks; sadly we have a light soldier (Guardian) and a magicless soldier (Warrior), so dark soldier it is (Necrowarrior) – thematically, I’d prefer a Chaos Soldier theme but we got two of that theme (Mesmer/Thief))
  • Focuses on giving self boons and enemy conditions, and stripping those for power boosts (e.g., give yourself boons then strip them to have skills be more effective; give enemies conditions then strip those conditions to have skills be more effective)
  • Only One Weapon Set (akin to Elementalists and Engineers) but with a versatile F1-F4 skill bar.
    • The Professions Skills (F1-F4) change based on weapons, effectively giving a single weapon 5 (main hand), 4 (offhand), or 9 (two-handed) skills. These skills focus on stripping enemy conditions/ally boons
  • Weapons: Axe, Sword, Greatsword, Staff, Dagger (offhand), Focus, Torch, Trident, Spear (effectively two options per weapon type)
  • Rytlock, Marjory, and possibly Trahearne will become these professions.

Where do you get the “Big new content update” from?

I’m fairly sure he’s just pulling that out of his rear end as a hypothetical “if we get a big content update… what new class do you want released with it?”

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I do agree with Konig, this game just needs only 1 Profession more, a 3rd Soldier Class.
But I absolutely disagree, that it has to be something “Shadow Knight” like, because this role can be completely taken over by the Necromancer, if Anet would just improve the game’s character progression system by adding Sub Classes and giving Necromancers then a Sub Class, like “the Witcher”, which will work then basically as the role of the “Necro Warrior” konig is talking about, cause as Witcher the advanced Necromancer would learn how to wield Swords and Greatswords and would receive a much more melee based Combat Gameplay then together with new improved Curses (Hexes – different forms of Conditions unique to the Witcher like Poison > Toxin turning his Poisons into a Form, which can be cured only, if a Player uses the Anti-Toxin-Spray Healing Skill)

GW2 needs more Character Progression, not tons of different new seperate Classes, when thigns like the mentioned Bard and Chronomancer can easily be perfect Sub Classes for the Mesmer as the mesmer already shows Skills and Traits, that have to do with Sound and Time Control, here the Mesmer has even already an Elite Skill ,that controls Time with "Time Warp*, or other timespace based skills like Temporal Curtain, Blurred Frenzy, Phase Retreat, Distortion, Portal Entre.
Chronomancy is and always will be the strongest form of Illusion Magic and thus makes a perfect option for a Chronomancer Sub Class for Control, while Bards are the mesmer’s perfect Inspiration Magic Sub Class for Support.

So it would be alot better for the whole game, if we just would focus on and improve all of the existing classes after adding a final 9th “Main Class” instead of repeatign the same mistake Anet did with GW1 and add more and more seperate new Classes.

Polishing the already existign classes would do this game alot better on the long road, than to throw in lots of complete new classes, which are alot harder to design and to implement, than to just imporove and polish something, that already exists in the game, while a Sub Class System can be used to still introduce new mechanics and new useable weapons as part of the character progression for your chosen path of progression for your Character, like for example that by choosing to become a Ritualist with your Necromancer, that you learn then the gameplay mechanics of using Spiritualism Rituals, a higher form of Spectral Magic, to be able to commune with Spirits and merge them with your Equipment, like how Marjories dead sister merged with the delaqua family blade to be always at her sisters side this way to protect her from harm
Or to learn how to use Ash Urns, the only other gameplay mechanic, that didn’t find its way into GW2 to use the Spirits as an environmental weapon which changes your weaponskilsl while carrying the urns or has large aoe effects on the environment,. when you place it somewhere, like for example summonign some spiritual beasts, that will protect that area (and the urn) for you at that location where you positioned the urn to work there at the position as defenders for example which attack anythign that might come the urn too near, while the urn gives for the area positive as like negative effects base on if you carry it or not, just like how those skills worked in GW1.

Thats the massive potential, that lies in GW2’s Character Progression if we would get Sub Classes.
Currently all Classes in GW2 feel like Novices, that absolutely make no usage of all their potential and this already since over two years.
My High End Thief still feels and plays itself like, as if I would have created it just yesterday and would be still a Level 1 beginner.
Thats the sad part about GW2, that this game nearly has still no real Character Progression after all those years to the point, that the Devs made even extra the very first CDI about this “problem” and we still see no fruits of any way from that one in the game until today.

Its about time, that there happens something, or I guess Anet won’t see a very successful 2015 by the end of this year, if GW2 stays so extremely stagnant in it’s overall Character Progression for a 3rd year in a row.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Well, since we already have 3 professions with light and 3 with medium armour, it speaks for itself that the ‘new’ profession would have to be a heavy armour type..

How about a Battlemage? A heavy armour user that can wield some devastating spells (so quite tanky and potential for some decent DPS)..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Well, since we already have 3 professions with light and 3 with medium armour, it speaks for itself that the ‘new’ profession would have to be a heavy armour type..

How about a Battlemage? A heavy armour user that can wield some devastating spells (so quite tanky and potential for some decent DPS)..

….just gonna leave that here. Not claiming i know anything and more then the pic i dont got…but it sorta does seem to go into that direction…does it

(text says : be prepared for anything)

Attachments:

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Inspired by Dragon Age I once made the suggestion of traits which modify the armor class of a profession (this could be seen as a way of introducing subclasses): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-armor-class-altering-traits/first#post3883665

(edited by Diovid.9506)

Knighthonor.4061

….just gonna leave that here. Not claiming i know anything and more then the pic i dont got…but it sorta does seem to go into that direction…does it

(text says : be prepared for anything)

Is that new? Notice his blindfold ,,,, and didn’t he get eliminated?
Demon Knight? Risin Soldier?
Dread Knight? Shadow Knight?
Reaver? Reaper?

(edited by Knighthonor.4061)

Knighthonor.4061

I do agree with Konig, this game just needs only 1 Profession more, a 3rd Soldier Class.
But I absolutely disagree, that it has to be something “Shadow Knight” like, because this role can be completely taken over by the Necromancer, if Anet would just improve the game’s character progression system by adding Sub Classes and giving Necromancers then a Sub Class, like “the Witcher”, which will work then basically as the role of the “Necro Warrior” konig is talking about, cause as Witcher the advanced Necromancer would learn how to wield Swords and Greatswords and would receive a much more melee based Combat Gameplay then together with new improved Curses (Hexes – different forms of Conditions unique to the Witcher like Poison > Toxin turning his Poisons into a Form, which can be cured only, if a Player uses the Anti-Toxin-Spray Healing Skill)

GW2 needs more Character Progression, not tons of different new seperate Classes, when thigns like the mentioned Bard and Chronomancer can easily be perfect Sub Classes for the Mesmer as the mesmer already shows Skills and Traits, that have to do with Sound and Time Control, here the Mesmer has even already an Elite Skill ,that controls Time with "Time Warp*, or other timespace based skills like Temporal Curtain, Blurred Frenzy, Phase Retreat, Distortion, Portal Entre.
Chronomancy is and always will be the strongest form of Illusion Magic and thus makes a perfect option for a Chronomancer Sub Class for Control, while Bards are the mesmer’s perfect Inspiration Magic Sub Class for Support.

So it would be alot better for the whole game, if we just would focus on and improve all of the existing classes after adding a final 9th “Main Class” instead of repeatign the same mistake Anet did with GW1 and add more and more seperate new Classes.

Polishing the already existign classes would do this game alot better on the long road, than to throw in lots of complete new classes, which are alot harder to design and to implement, than to just imporove and polish something, that already exists in the game, while a Sub Class System can be used to still introduce new mechanics and new useable weapons as part of the character progression for your chosen path of progression for your Character, like for example that by choosing to become a Ritualist with your Necromancer, that you learn then the gameplay mechanics of using Spiritualism Rituals, a higher form of Spectral Magic, to be able to commune with Spirits and merge them with your Equipment, like how Marjories dead sister merged with the delaqua family blade to be always at her sisters side this way to protect her from harm
Or to learn how to use Ash Urns, the only other gameplay mechanic, that didn’t find its way into GW2 to use the Spirits as an environmental weapon which changes your weaponskilsl while carrying the urns or has large aoe effects on the environment,. when you place it somewhere, like for example summonign some spiritual beasts, that will protect that area (and the urn) for you at that location where you positioned the urn to work there at the position as defenders for example which attack anythign that might come the urn too near, while the urn gives for the area positive as like negative effects base on if you carry it or not, just like how those skills worked in GW1.

Thats the massive potential, that lies in GW2’s Character Progression if we would get Sub Classes.
Currently all Classes in GW2 feel like Novices, that absolutely make no usage of all their potential and this already since over two years.
My High End Thief still feels and plays itself like, as if I would have created it just yesterday and would be still a Level 1 beginner.
Thats the sad part about GW2, that this game nearly has still no real Character Progression after all those years to the point, that the Devs made even extra the very first CDI about this “problem” and we still see no fruits of any way from that one in the game until today.

Its about time, that there happens something, or I guess Anet won’t see a very successful 2015 by the end of this year, if GW2 stays so extremely stagnant in it’s overall Character Progression for a 3rd year in a row.

Not saying I don’t like a new class progression system,

But Necro is a Scholar not a Soldier. The game needs a third Soldier. Soldiers wear plate armor. Necro-warrior progression system would still wear cloth not heavy armor. So it really wouldn’t be a soldier. Just a Melee fighter. Mesmers and Eles and Necrosis already have Melee ranged attacks. That doesn’t make them soldiers.

A Shadow Knight class can work, especially with its own class mechanics like maybe a shape shifting ability for temp weapon skill changes. That could be pretty cool.

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

You can’t just give necro a gs and call it dark knight lol.

First he doesnt wear heavy armor (do you seen any knight running in clothes on battlefield?)

Second necro utilize dark magic in completely different way opposed to dark knight (i would say that dark knight uses chaos magic tbh).

I for one waiting for a counterpart of guard – a soldier class that will utilize offensive chaos magic to create havoc, not another pet class.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

We play a fantasy game, not a real life simulation Knighthonor, don’t forget that.
It’s regardless, what Necromancers are, if now Scholars or not. With a Sub Class System this plays no role, as you specialize your Character into that role that you want to play and what the Main Class offers as Basics.
Only because there should be a melee orientated Necromancer-Sub, like for example Witchers that would wield Swords and Greatswords doesn#t make them unable to wield those weapons.
Marjory self is the absolute best example for this. Your pretty Scholar Necromancer there wields a Greatsword. Trahearne even used one already before here and still was seen by others as a Scholar, not as a Soldier.

Sure, the Game needs a 3rd Soldier Class, but that doesn’t mean that Anet couldn’t add practically both thigns into the Game. A new Solfdier Class as like also giving all Classes more Character Progression, so that we could become for example with our Necromancers like Marjory one day to and progress with them into sword/greatsword wielding Witchers, or ash urn carrying Ritualists and so on.

I told you already I think often enough, that GW2 won’t ever see something like a “Shadow Knight”, at least not under this term.
Necros nearly have no real Melee Skills, they are mostly all ranged.

Their Death Shroud Skilsl are all ranged skills with 600-1200 range.

Staff: All Ranged Skills with 1200 Range
Scepter: All Ranged Skills with 900 Range
Axe: All Ranged Skilsl with 600 Range
Dagger: The only Weapon that has Melee Range with 130 with its Auto Attack only.

The Necromancer has Traits, with that you can boost up your Toughness, plus has Death Shroud as a way to mitigate damage, like Dark Armor, which improves Toughness by whopping 400 Points, while you channel skills. So basically whenever you use Skills, that aren’t instant.

So tell me, can you view into the future, to know, that if Anet would ever come up with Sub Classes that allow Necromancer players to specialize into a dark melee orientated form, that there cannot be also new traits or utility skilsl ect. that help the player to get a good working melee build? Also don’t forget that a melee build is also a question of the gear stats that you use.
You surely wouldn’t play a Melee Necro with no Toughness or no Vitality should be clear, despite Necros being one of the Classes with the biggest Base HP.

Then its also naturally simply a matter of the Weapon Skill Design.
Give melee specialized Necromancers that advanced to Witchers some good thought out and designed Weapon Skills and this alone can easily make up for the difference in Defense Power between a Scholar and a Soldier Class.
Class Types are overrated when it comes down to good Class Design.

Example for some good nostalgic Necromancer Greatsword Skills:

1.1) Lifebane Strike > Deals Life Leeching Damage and gives you Life Force, if the foe is over 25% Health.
1.2) > Vile Miasma > Swing the Sword causing a toxic Miasma around you for a few seconds, that puts Torment and Toxin on foes which causes Hallucinations and works otherwise like Poison and can be cured only with Antitoxin-Spray.
1.3) > Shadow Strike > Strike your foes with an Attack, that causes a random Death Shroud Effect (0,5s Fear, 1s Torment, 1s Chill & Teleport away or Extra Damage from a Life Blast, or Life Leeching for a Heal)
2) Reckless Haste > Close a Gap to your foe, dealing a wide swign attack, dealing more damage for the cost of gaining self Vulnerability. Has a Chance to give Quickness for 3s with 30s internal CD
3) Cacophony Swing the sword to create a dark wave, which removes Banners and 1 Boon from foes in its line of sight as also stuns foes that get hit by that dark wave attack, if they hat a Boon active that got removed by Cacophony or were in that moment affected by a Banner.
4) Necrosis Stab your Sword into the Ground to let in a large AoE field awakening the dead from the ground, which will grab living foes to immobilize them and turn a boon into random conditions. Based on the amount of conditions foes suffer on in that moment, will deal this skill more damage, so more conditions a foe suffers on.
5) Demonic Flesh Gain temporarely a demonic Flesh Armor, that temporarely gives you Regeneration, Protection and lets you gain with your next 3 Attacks Life Force based on 15% of the Damage you deal with those Attacks.
While the Skill is active, Demonic Flesh turns into the skill “Summon Flesh Reaver”, which lets Demonic Flesh end instantly to summon for 20 seconds a Flesh Reaver that supports you in combat.

With Skills like this, the Greatsword would be an awesome Combo Weapon together with the Staff.
And it would be a great anti Boon/Banner Weapon too, which would be a great role for the Melee Necro, as there exists yet no Counterplay ton Banners sadly and Boon remove is always good against those annyoing Boon Bunkers.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

One mechanic from GW1 that did not make it into this game was the Dervish’s sacrificing enchantments to power up their skills.

We don’t have enchantments and hexes here, but a new class, whatever form it takes, could use this mechanic as a sacrifice a boon or a certain boon to improve the effect of a skill.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Knighthonor.4061

One mechanic from GW1 that did not make it into this game was the Dervish’s sacrificing enchantments to power up their skills.

We don’t have enchantments and hexes here, but a new class, whatever form it takes, could use this mechanic as a sacrifice a boon or a certain boon to improve the effect of a skill.

Necro has the boon consumption I thought.

But for a Shadow Knight, I would much like to have the dervish transformations as a class mechanic. 3-4 transformations to use, with no secondary weapon, would rock.
Have to fuel the mechanic by doing damage/taking damage and killing/death, similar to Necro, but can pick between 3-4 transformations sort of like Engie kits. No secondary weapon. Weapons choice can effect the transformation skills similar to Ele attunements.

That could rock.

Knighthonor.4061

Hey another idea is Dragon Knights.

What about a class that instead of shape shifting into undead and demons, would change into Drakes temporary and fight as different elements and magic schools of Drakes.
That could be cool to. But still like the Shadow Knight better..

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Weapon Master:

Not counting the aquatic weapons, uses only one handed weapons.

The F# ability is similar to Ele’s but instead of changing elements, you change the weapons in your main and off hand.

Example;

Axe/Dagger
Sword/Pistol

Through F1 → F6 you could switch between the following,

Axe/Dagger, Sword/Pistol, Axe/Pistol, Dagger/Sword, Axe/Sword, and Dagger/Pistol

The normal weapon swap would be disabled.
The profession would use initiative.

Posted by: seacanari.4583

seacanari.4583

I’d like to see a Time Mage ( a Chronomancer)
But since mesmers have time warp, I don’t think it’ll be a thing

What about another heavy armor class? We only have 2 and every other armor class has three.
In that sense…I don’t know what we haven’t covered in this game.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Symmetry is overrated. There is absolutely no reason to have a 3rd heavy armor class except for the sake of having a 3rd heavy armor class. Unless there’s an actual reason beyond that, making an ‘evil’ warrior seems pointless. I don’t even care if it was already said that the next profession will be a heavy to round everything out, its still a bad idea unless this third class can stand on their own, instead of just being a warrior with an ‘evil’ tag, or a heavy armor version of another profession.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Necro has the boon consumption I thought.

Necros got their sacrifice mechanic changed to giving themselves a condition to power an effect, rather than lose life.

They have a lot of ways of managing conditions and boons, but they don’t have anything that will sacrifice a boon on themselves to power or enhance a skill.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Knighthonor.4061

Symmetry is overrated. There is absolutely no reason to have a 3rd heavy armor class except for the sake of having a 3rd heavy armor class. Unless there’s an actual reason beyond that, making an ‘evil’ warrior seems pointless. I don’t even care if it was already said that the next profession will be a heavy to round everything out, its still a bad idea unless this third class can stand on their own, instead of just being a warrior with an ‘evil’ tag, or a heavy armor version of another profession.

I disagree. I like the heavy armored look more than others. But I only have 2 play options compared to people that like light/med armor which have 3 each.

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I disagree. I like the heavy armored look more than others. But I only have 2 play options compared to people that like light/med armor which have 3 each.

GW1 had 5 light classes, vs 3 for medium and heavy, and no one complained… A 3rd heavy class would barely suit in here, because guardians and warriors fill the general categories of “brawler” and “heavy mage”…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Knighthonor.4061

GW1 had 5 light classes, vs 3 for medium and heavy, and no one complained… A 3rd heavy class would barely suit in here, because guardians and warriors fill the general categories of “brawler” and “heavy mage”…

Guild Wars 1 had dual classes, Gw2 does not. In other words, GW2 isn’t GW1 in any way!

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I’d appreciate a 3rd heavy class with magic, either dark or arcane etc. doesn’t matter to me.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I gotta say the idea of shapeshifter focused class appeals to me. But at the same time I don’t know of any actual professions that have ever focused on it besides the avatars from the dervish. And even then they were mostly set up to be stat bonuses rather than different methods of playstyle entirely.

Id really like something akin to a Shadowknight. A “heavy” class relying on a combination of darker magic and shadow manipulation (possibly stealth or something similar to thief shadowstepping) as well as plain brutality to kill there foes. Just me though

Ghost Yak

Knighthonor.4061

I gotta say the idea of shapeshifter focused class appeals to me. But at the same time I don’t know of any actual professions that have ever focused on it besides the avatars from the dervish. And even then they were mostly set up to be stat bonuses rather than different methods of playstyle entirely.

Id really like something akin to a Shadowknight. A “heavy” class relying on a combination of darker magic and shadow manipulation (possibly stealth or something similar to thief shadowstepping) as well as plain brutality to kill there foes. Just me though

in GW1 due to the way the game mechanics of NPC were limited, some lore figures had to use skills from “playable” classes. So if it wasnt playable it wasnt there. Lore had to bend a bit to the game mechanics.

But I am sure that lore wise there were dark shapeshifter like Dervish but with Heavy Armor.

Case a point my comment on the other thread regarding the new trailer.

the new class will be called one of the following:
*Shadow Knight,
*Reaper,
*Ascendant,
*Patriarch
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Point-of-No-Return/page/2#post4674683

Posted by: DeadlyDohnut.7052

DeadlyDohnut.7052

multiple sub classes and new weapon skills that can be swapped out in slots 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 is all that needs to really change. also make it possible to save traits, specific weapons. armor and other gear all to 1 saved build so we can do some quick swaps when out of combat….otherwise right now it takes about 5mins or more to do all the switching if you know exactly which ones you need. at the moment i have no use for equipment bags i only use invisible bags and regular bags.

anyway id love to see more options for the classes we already have and if they could make subclasses that would implement old classes like dervish, ritualist, and paragon.

i love my necromancer but the minnion system needs a lot of work the conditions are only so good as stacks of conditions in big groups likely make your stacks obsolete. so adding ritualist to the spirit section would be awesome since theres really only 2 useful spirits that the nec has.

i like the urn changing of skills and the aoe on ground or when dropped idea. also the buffing idea of an urn like that of a banner or trait icon.

if a warrior had the ability to wield a two handed scythe to do sweeps and similair melee oriented skills that would be better then creating a whole nother character, those mana related gw1 dervish skills could be spread out to the necromancer.

picking a sub class line would open up a new panel of skills for adding to slots 1-0. there is so much potential to adding to the original classes and making the system so much better….

adding an entire nother profession will be new for a week then bleh…again with the same old and restricted skill base and weapons.

the skills for each weapons needs to be more selective cause if the skills on said sword are not how u want to build your character you are no longer wanting to use that sword and then are dejected to using an axe or a scepter with better skills but lest dps…

I want to use the weapons i choose with the build i created with skills that will properly work with my traits ive chosen.

but thats not allowed unlike any other game u can use any of the multiple skills for a specific weapon where gw2 restricts u to 5 skills ever and in gw1 it was 30-50 skills for that weapon for the profession…..why not go back to having more skills.

say for example a ranger could have a a poison signet, a burning arrow, a 100% crit dmg arrow if enemy is burning, (a cripple/bleeding/poison) arrow combo for slot 1

i dunno there ’s a lot one could do if they could customize their skill bar.