Bring Tower of Nightmares back...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maciora.9542

maciora.9542

Essex Hills Tower was the best dungeon / mini activities I ever had in this game. It would be great to bring this kind of “Halloween” type of activity, maybe it should be some region /set of mini dungeons with nice Gothic mansion and cemetery locations with their own bosses. Seriously – the best stuff and fun I had down there…

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I loved the Tower too. Still hoping it makes a return in some fashion, either as a “flashback” instance or a fractal. Would be cool!

I still have a few tri-key fragments, too…

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Would be a good adition to fractals.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

PLEASE! NO MORE FRACTALS.
The molten and etherblade dungeons got butchered into pieces when they turned them into fractals, missing out their best parts. I would had rather had them along with Twilight assault into a second tier of dungeons…. if A-net actually knew how to design dungeons for their own game!

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The molten and etherblade dungeons got butchered into pieces when they turned them into fractals, missing out their best parts. I would had rather had them along with Twilight assault into a second tier of dungeons…. if A-net actually knew how to design dungeons for their own game!

I tough they were good at least at that part of the game o_O …. sorry then.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I tough they were good at least at that part of the game o_O …. sorry then.

If they knew how to design for their own game, then the Zerker meta would had been dealt with a long time ago.

When they announced the Fractals they where supposed to involve major event in Tiria’s Past and Future that the PC had no business being there.
Molten and Ether where obviously in the Present directly involving the PC and would have made much more sense to be turned into a Dungeon, but the idea of a “Fractal” came with the nature of Living World Season 1 where everything supposed to exist only in the moment and go away permanently when it’s finished. (Also the dungeons where kind of bad even then)

Since you where supposed to be doing 3-4 fractals at a time, they where supposed to be short, and so they chopped up the dungeons to only a portion of their former self to fit them.

Living world Seasons 2 & 3 where properly immortalized by being turned into proper Story Instances, so turning the LWS1 dungeons into fractals feels kind of Out of place.
When the time inevitably comes and they rework/redo the LWS1 and Dungeons System they’ll come to regret that decision.

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I would love for it to come back, along with the rest of S1, because I missed the chance to play through it. But I’m not holding my breath for it

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I honestly thought they would have made this a fractal.