Bring back rewards

Bring back rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

ALOHA all

So on of the biggest thing guild wars lacks for the longest time is good rewards like armor or armor skins. Since HoT it feels like we was given a hand of full armor sets this seams like its under the standard to other mmorpg expansion armor reward.

So my thoughts on a solution to this problem is every living story gives three themed armor skin sets and each chapter gives a piece of the set like chapter 01 gives gloves, chapter 02 pants and so at the end of the season we would have 3 armor set per armor waight then ther gender and race.

I think this would improve people doing content and have something to work for short term progression.

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Bring back rewards

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

While that would be nice, ANet has repeatedly said that making armor skins is a lot of work (I mean just look at how long they are taking with legendary armor. Hopefully they are resolving the clipping issues with Charr with it), which leads me to believe that 3 armor sets with each Living World season may not be doable. I would be happy with just 1 new armor set per season (more than 1 per expansion though) as long as the content itself was good.

Bring back rewards

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Living story season 2 introduced the Carapace armor (and the reskinned glowy version). So far Season 3 has 2 pieces of armor (head and shoulder). If we are lucky they will finish that set. But I agree, HoT introduced very little in the armor department. I think they simply didn’t have as much time as they’d like to make a big expansion.

Bring back rewards

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

Yeah i would love more armor. Having only a few armor because it takes too much work is a sorry excuse not to make them.

Bring back rewards

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I don’t think the problem is lack of quantity of armours, if anything lack of quality. There are many, many, many armour sets in game right now. How many of them would you ever consider using? Then again there is the flip side to that. There actually is a lot of good sets but the question is how often can or would you use these? Yes you may have a lot of alts like I do. But still, these are usually mixed between the different weight classes so you generally don’t get a chance to play with different sets a lot of the time anyway due to this.

Plus there is also lack of imagination I would guess from a lot of players when it comes to some of the current sets. They just wont take the time to play with what is already in the game to try and make a nice looking char by mix and match or just playing with the dye system.

I feel sorry for the devs who make armour/outfit and weapon sets tbh. Because if that is all they do for this game it would be super boring and they probably lack enthusiasm or care which could possibly explain some of the lackluster skins we do get from time to time.

So in my opinion I say give us LESS Armour/Outfit and Weapon skins. Give those devs something else to do for a while. Have them take a break and then after some time has passed have them go and make the odd Armour/Weapon or Outfit skin again. This might really inspire them to make an amazing set again.

Now the question then becomes – “but what else could these devs work on if their only talent is to make pretty things?”.

Well, there are of course other skins such as gliders/backpacks which I am sure they already have a hand in making anyway which probably does take their time and give them a break from Weps/armours and outfits. Bur surely we can expand on that can’t we?

Enter decorations for Guild Halls. Bring in new things to the game that brings these opportunities. Give us player housing finally where new house skins could be created as well as furniture etc etc for them. This is just one example. There are many other ideas out there if you just think outside the box and think up new gameplay elements/modes besides kill, kill, kill all the time!

Here is another example of what they could add for further skins:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Sug-Combat-Outfits-instead-of-New-Races/first#post6308533

Albeit that is also combat related, but still…

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Bring back rewards

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Them taking a long time on each armor piece is fine, I just don’t like how every armor piece from LS3 is the same regardless of weight type. It makes sense with the bloodstone visage since that’s more or less a modification of the glint’s gaze type thing, but for the headpiece and shoulders from episode 2 I’m worried they’ll just keep putting armor pieces that are the same on all weights and we’ll effectively end up with non-gemstore outfits, which seems pretty lazy in a game of cosmetics.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

Bring back rewards

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Them taking a long time on each armor piece is fine, I just don’t like how every armor piece from LS3 is the same regardless of weight type. It makes sense with the bloodstone visage since that’s more or less a modification of the glint’s gaze type thing, but for the headpiece and shoulders from episode 2 I’m worried they’ll just keep putting armor pieces that are the same on all weights and we’ll effectively end up with non-gemstore outfits, which seems pretty lazy in a game of cosmetics.

Can’t have it every which way though. If you’re increasing the work factor by 3 to put something into a living story coming out every 2-3 months, you’re going to see months without anything.

Time constraints don’t necessarily equal lazy.

Bring back rewards

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Can’t have it every which way though. If you’re increasing the work factor by 3 to put something into a living story coming out every 2-3 months, you’re going to see months without anything.

Time constraints don’t necessarily equal lazy.

“them taking a long time is fine”

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

Bring back rewards

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They’ve done same look for every weight for heads and shoulders and gloves for a very long time. The dragon horns helm from the first Dragon Bash was like that, the special aquabreathers from Southsun as of the first karka event, the twisted watchwork shoulders, Mask of the Night, and then gem store skins like Toxic etc. Heck, the Radiant and Hellfire achievement skins are one-size-fits-all as well.

The benefit is that everyone gets the same reward with the same aesthetic merits and can mix and match it with any weight of armor.

Bring back rewards

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

More armor is good. Less armor is bad. I agree – we should have more armor.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Bring back rewards

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They’ve done same look for every weight for heads and shoulders and gloves for a very long time. The dragon horns helm from the first Dragon Bash was like that, the special aquabreathers from Southsun as of the first karka event, the twisted watchwork shoulders, Mask of the Night, and then gem store skins like Toxic etc. Heck, the Radiant and Hellfire achievement skins are one-size-fits-all as well.

The benefit is that everyone gets the same reward with the same aesthetic merits and can mix and match it with any weight of armor.

The chest and legging of the Radiant and Hellfire sets are different for each weight.

Bring back rewards

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

/nods

I was talking about heads and shoulders, which are the LS3 armor rewards as well, per the OP’s concerns.