Bring back the Game I started with

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

I think the title says it all.

I’ll keep it short, becouse it takes me ages to type and by the time i have finished slagging the game I have calmed down.

I only come on here when i have connection and Lag issues.

At the end of the day i dont think is the game at fault, it’s the management of it.

Is this down to ArenNet or has it been shafted by NcSoft?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you want any constructive replies you’ll have to be a bit more specific about which changes you don’t like.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

I love the gear grinding Mike O Brian. Thanks for telling us about doing a dungeon over and over to get gear that’s clearly better than anything else and that long before release, I appreciate being well-informed.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: KOLZ.4501

KOLZ.4501

I love the gear grinding Mike O Brian. Thanks for telling us about doing a dungeon over and over to get gear that’s clearly better than anything else and that long before release, I appreciate being well-informed.

So…basically you wanna do a dungeon once and get an entire set right?

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Sure about that? Explore mode dungeons for unique armor skins with stats just as good as crafted and karma purchased armor. While the BiS ascended items come from fractals, but can also be seen as its own form of “explore dungeon” grind for misc stuff like rungs, and backs. The two still server their purpose and don’t really take from the other. You could argue that fractals offers better loot at higher levels, but I have come to believe that the better loot scaling is so tiny, it hardly even matters. It’s there, but it wont double the value of a normal explore dungeon run.

Danikat.8537

They said before launch that there would be some grind in the game, but that it would be for optional extras, not a required part of gameplay. But a lot of people seem to be confused on what that means.

But really if you compare it to any other MMO, or even most RPGs it should be obvious. The big one in this game is that you’ll never find yourself needing an extra few levels for the next Personal Story quest or zone and with no way to get those levels except to camp a spawn point and kill the same mobs over and over.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

He sounds like a GW1 player. For some reason, many of those players feel they should have all the best stats for almost no effort. I never played that game, so I don’t get it.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

That’s not what I said. The exotic dungeons sets are well set-up. That’s mainly for looks. But the ascended items are a different story.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Ascended items should not be lumped together with armor sets. Not until they introduce ascended armors. Hold off on your accusations until the crime has actually been committed.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I don’t think that is what he meant. I think he means he wants it reduced, not just one run.

Look at it this way. You get 30 tokens from one explorable path each day. 3 paths, gets you 90 tokens. It takes a total of 1,380 tokens to get one set of armor (this is not counting runes and a weapon). If you run the dungeons more than once a day, DR kicks in and you get less tokens per run. That is 46 runs in one dungeon just to get an armor set (not counting runes and a weapon). And if DR kicks in, that’s even more runs.

Now does 46 runs in one dungeon sound reasonable for an armor set? No, it doesn’t. No one is asking for 1 run = 1 set of gear. They are asking to reduce the amount of grind that is needed to obtain that set of gear. Cause 46 runs without DR in one dungeon, is one heck of an amount of grind.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Danikat.8537

He sounds like a GW1 player. For some reason, many of those players feel they should have all the best stats for almost no effort. I never played that game, so I don’t get it.

I was, and still am, a GW1 player and I don’t get it either.

Yes you could get max stat armor very easily in that game (as soon as you got off the newbie island in Factions and Nightfall). But the stats on the armor itself are incredibly basic. You get the armor rating, a small energy (mana/stamina) bonus and one or two extras which are at best the equivilent of 1st tier traits in GW2.

You can also add 1 rune and 1 insignia to each piece of armor. Using max stat armor without any runes or insigias is the equivilent of using greens in GW2, it’s doable but you’ll be at a big disadvantage.

And those runes and insignias are where it can get expensive, and therefore difficult. You can buy them from NPC traders, but the prices are set by supply and demand and most of the more popular ones can easily cost more than the armor itself.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Now does 46 runs in one dungeon sound reasonable for an armor set? No, it doesn’t.

True, but your numbers are wrong.

The first completion of any given path each day will give 60 tokens; subsequent runs will give 20, 15, and 10, respectively.
Completing the path again with a different character will grant the full reward again. Completing one path does not affect the reward from other paths; as such, it is possible to acquire 180 tokens per day per character, from each dungeon without any penalty.

So that makes 23 runs(hope at least your math for the set is right).
If you keep doing your daily 3 runs on one character only, it´ll take about 8 days.

That´s kinda acceptable IMHO, if the Dungeon isn´t bugged (looking at you AC!).

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I don’t really mind the game as it is right now In fact, I love it! Just as the way I love GW2 since I saw it in its BETA phases.

IF I were to explain why, it would probably require paragraphs but long story short, it’s just fun. period

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Guest on a lower populated server. Too much people out there right now.

Reincarnated.1754

If you want any constructive replies you’ll have to be a bit more specific about which changes you don’t like.

Sorry I’l try not to be so criptic next time and spell it out

“I only come on here when i have connection and Lag issues.”

The game that hasn’t been croped to cram as menny ppl as posible on a server and create lag and disconnection issues.

OR

RE-vamp the basic requirements to run the game.
I would just like some feedback from the ppl who make the game, how to make it run smooth without problems and to make it do what is advertized.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.10 GHz
6 GB RAM
64 bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
100 Mbps cable net connection

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

With the changes in loot drops the game is far far better, crafting can be done at a decent pace. I’ve still got lots of complaints about ascended items, WvW and such though.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They said before launch that there would be some grind in the game, but that it would be for optional extras, not a required part of gameplay. But a lot of people seem to be confused on what that means.

Including, it seems, the devs. They now seem to think that BiS are optional and purely ornamental.

You can also add 1 rune and 1 insignia to each piece of armor. Using max stat armor without any runes or insigias is the equivilent of using greens in GW2, it’s doable but you’ll be at a big disadvantage.

And those runes and insignias are where it can get expensive, and therefore difficult. You can buy them from NPC traders, but the prices are set by supply and demand and most of the more popular ones can easily cost more than the armor itself.

Compared to the GW2 prices, they were ultra cheap. And dropped very often.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Reincarnated.1754

Guys, I would like to say the other day I had an enjoyable play of the game.

Everything did what it was suposed to do.

I realy enjoyed that day.

Did some investigating to find out why it ran so good that day and came up with the following results:

Nothing wrong with my PC, I had made no changes to it.
The internet connection speed to the US was High, It was at the speed I expect the internet connection to be.

Conclution: game is the best on the market just need to find out what the lowests speed connection it is playabe at.

I just hope the internet connection speeds to the servers dont get so slow again to make it a missery to play. When it does what it is suposed to do I just can’t fault it.