Bring back the love <3

Bring back the love <3

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lazlo.9238

lazlo.9238

It’s a shame that members of guilds can’t be trusted without there being a ‘tier’ of trust, which usually ends up that the non-privileged can’t withdraw anything useful from the guild bank.
I’m not one of them btw, i always donate stuff to the guild bank that gets used but the issue i am highlighting is far more fundamental.

No-one crafts for other players, food buffs are rarely shared, and at the risk of sounding cliche, this is the only mmo i’ve played where crafting is solely a self-centered indulgence.

I crafted a few 18 slot bags for a few new players in my guild and got branded as ‘a bit mad’.

I’m not stupid and i know the system can work but am at a loss why it just doesn’t ?
Surely there’s a bit of philanthropy and good-nature bandied about when it comes to gear. I just don’t seem to see it, it’s like all for one and every man for himself

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s almost always bags, dyes, food, other consumables, minor (and sometimes major) sigils and runes, and even sometimes armor in my guild’s bank; and all levels of the bank are accessible to everyone after they’ve been in/repping a short amount of time, except the very top which is for donations. Many guilds I know of do the same thing in their own banks. Obviously, some are going to be like that, but I don’t think there’s an epidemic of “not sharing”.

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Hmm, I agree.

There haven’t been many cases where I’ve crafted for others.

The first example for me that springs to mind was early on in the game, where I used to craft armour, weapons or jewellery for my lowbies. My boyfriend and I level up together most of the time, so if we were both levelling a crafter, we would also craft gear for each other and trade it.

I’d do the same for close friends who were also levelling. I would also craft stuff that required recipes for friends if it was cheap, or if they sent me the materials.

The sad thing is, most time, crafting is an expensive endeavour and equal gear can be found cheaper as drops/bought from the trading post.

Moreover, I personally wouldn’t be willing to deposit excess materials into the guild bank in the hope that a new or especially needy player would use them. I’ve seen trusted members of guilds take materials and items simply to put on the TP to earn a bit of gold. If a guildie I’m acquainted with (and has a nice attitude) needs a helping hand, I’m more than willing to help them out and don’t expect anything in return apart from a “thank you”. Giving material directly and personally is a much nicer sensation as you actually get to see the result and benefit.

A last note- guilds are usually very careful/strict about who can withdraw from the guild bank. The more players who can access it, the more likely that the guild bank could be wiped if somebody gets hacked. This would be devastating for the guild. I know that most guilds have a policy where most people can deposit and see the bank, but if you want to withdraw you have to ask an officer nicely. Not only does this restrict the players who can withdraw, but it also means officers can keep a closer eye on who is taking a bit more than their fair share.

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No one crafts for other players because it is not profitable unless you gather the mats yourself and then that takes time. Only a few higher level items are profitable to the crafter. They aren’t charities, they has to be something in it for them beyond leveling crafting skill and XP (and once you reach 80, XP currently is useless). So if players do craft, it’s for themselves.

Crafting and giving stuff away for free? If you are coin or mat rich, I can see it but most players are hoarding their coin for gems or some very high priced item.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Bring back the love <3

Attachments:

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Why would you craft someone a 18 slot bag when it’s cheaper to give them the money to buy candy corn cobs and buy a 20 slot?

The reason why crafting isn’t shared is because it’s more expensive to craft something than it is to buy the item you’ve crafted. Until that changes crafting itself is basically nothing but a major gold and time sink for end game results.

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

It’s even worse than you think.

I have a personal guild, with just me and my husband, and he has no permissions. Hehe. Seriously, he can’t do anything in my guild. I don’t think he can even look at the guild bank.

I do craft bags for him, though. And he gives me his dyes. It’s an even tradeoff…sortof…
I actually don’t really like crafting. But if somebody gave me the materials, I wouldn’t have a problem with doing it for free, at all.

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

I don’t think your personal experiences are representative of the community as a whole. Have you visisted the ‘Players helping Players’ subforum? Foghlodha has a popular thread there where he gives starter kits for new players, for instance. There’s another thread of someone giving out dyes to newbies; when Play for Free started there were groups of vets in the starter areas with buffs etc setup to welcome the new players as well.

I personally help where I can as well, depending on the situation; i like to send a few bags and food consumables to new players, yesterday I came across a returning player who I talked through all the changes and helped them regear, gifting them some exo weapons to compliment their temple armour. The day before I sent some gold to a guildie so they could actually afford a skin or two from the mordrem event. That doesn’t make me particularly special, at all. Many do things like this.

There’s plenty of generous players in game, whether it’s in sharing their knowledge, time, or goodies.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

I mean, I wouldn’t want some one fresh joining my guild and raiding the guild bank though. Think of the leader’s thought process here

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Even if you have the mats, it would be better to just sell them and buy bags from TP, it would be cheaper. Same goes for any crafted item.

Bring back the love <3

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

Are we in the same guild or is it pure coincidence this thread pops up today?

Today some veteran player raided our guild bank just to sell the stuff to craft a legendary.
There was maybe 5g of worth in that guild. totally not worth stealing but that’s a kittenbag move if you ask me, since the stuff was there for those who actually could need the items.