Bring back town clothing.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sablephoenix.1593

sablephoenix.1593

Give us the old town clothes as armor skins so we can dye and mix-n-match them. Tonics are utterly useless and frankly insulting. The wardrobe system was massively unpopular when it was released, and it hasn’t gotten any better with time. The fact that we lost our town clothes in exchange for this crappy system is a double loss that I’m reminded of every single time I open my character pane that I’m reminded of every single time I open my character pane.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

The wardrobe was massively unpopular when it was released? It certainly was NOT. In my opinion, it’s one of the best quality of life upgrades in the history of the game.

The loss of townclothes as mix and match items was hugely unpopular, and as an entirely separate issue, I think it should be reexamined. However, it has been nearly two years. I think it’s highly unlikely to change, at this point.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

I agree with Guhracie, the wardrobe release was one of the greatest QoL improvements in GW2.

Outfits + Tonics… Maybe not quite so popular.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want them as universal skinz, especially my sylvari tier 0 racial town clothz.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

I do think the default town cloths should have been an outfit instead of a tonic, I can’t imagine why they thought a tonic was a good alternative.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: sablephoenix.1593

sablephoenix.1593

At the very least, the town clothing should have been given to us free in our skins collection in the wardrobe so we could actually use them. The tonics are just insulting.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Given the choice between offering the wardrobe to everyone and turning the town clothes into outfits, I’m glad ANet went with the wardrobe.

That said, I do like the old town clothes better than most of the existing outfits.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

As others have said, wardrobe was a massive QoL improvement, the only complaints people had about it were PvPers who used to change skins freely (but only in PvP) and people who relied heavily on free transmutation stones for their sub-80 gear.

The town clothing system being axed was a separate thing from the wardrobe and likely would have happened even without the wardrobe change, given statements made by ANet at the time. It really was ridiculous that default town clothes (and other clothing items) got turned into tonics while others were turned to skins or whole outfits, I don’t believe we’ve ever received a satisfactory answer as to why those were turned into tonics.