Bringing back exclusive items?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vik Flagge.8324

Vik Flagge.8324

In the current patch notes it says they will be bringing back exclusive items from past events in the gem store starting the 30th I think it said. Im assuming this means things like fused weapon skins, and halloween weapons like the greatsaw and the ghastly shield. This is a really horrible idea and was one of the last straws for me. One of the things thats makes those kind of items cool is you have to be around when they dropped. It’s really sad that ANET has to continue to do things to get people to buy gems, but this is going too far in my opinion.

Of course there are some things that I missed out on and would love to have another chance to get, but not like this. It’s just not right and it’s in very bad taste.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Where does it say that?

They could mean things like the Unlimited Gathering Tools, since they tended to be based around that particular story-arc and were exclusive to the store.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

You are aware that it’s possible to convert gold to gems, right? It’s not making people spend actual money on gems.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Vik Flagge.8324

Where does it say that?

They could mean things like the Unlimited Gathering Tools, since they tended to be based around that particular story-arc and were exclusive to the store.

10 Days of Black Lion Sales – Begins August 23
Starting at 12:01AM PT on Friday, August 23, each day for 10 consecutive days we’ll be bringing back items and weapon skins that had limited sales during the first year of Guild Wars 2.

This is in such poor taste. I still can not even believe they are doing this.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Where does it say that?

Starting at 12:01AM PT on Friday, August 23, each day for 10 consecutive days we’ll be bringing back items and weapon skins that had limited sales during the first year of Guild Wars 2.

*This is in such poor taste. I still can not even believe they are doing this. *

What in the actual kitten.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Where does it say that?

This is in such poor taste. I still can not even believe they are doing this.

I’m assuming you didn’t read the many threads begging for the return of these items. ANet is attempting to cater to the player base. Nuff said.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

As long as they aren’t in rng boxes..

Vik Flagge.8324

Like I said my stomach hurts just thinking about this. Part of what makes the ghastly grinning shield skin cool is that it was limited. Throwing it back in the gem store because people were complaining is a sad way to make money not to mention it’s bad karma. When all is said and done, I guarantee there are many more people that will be kitten ed about this than people who “complained” loud enough to get their way.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ Why assume it is items like that?
I would say it is much more likely that it is stuff like the Permanent Tools and Rox’s Quiver and such. NOT the BLC things.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

You are aware that it’s possible to convert gold to gems, right? It’s not making people spend actual money on gems.

Sure you can convert gold to gems for people like you who have the patience yes,to those who don’t are coerced into spending their $ just to buy stuff of their gem store.It becomes all apparent now why they have temporary content so that certain items from the past content would end up in their gem store because players who missed the event would think they lost out and would want to buy them.The living story is just some crap just to distract you while they weave their magic around their gem store.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

In the current patch notes it says they will be bringing back exclusive items from past events in the gem store starting the 30th I think it said. Im assuming this means things like fused weapon skins, and halloween weapons like the greatsaw and the ghastly shield. This is a really horrible idea and was one of the last straws for me. One of the things thats makes those kind of items cool is you have to be around when they dropped. It’s really sad that ANET has to continue to do things to get people to buy gems, but this is going too far in my opinion.

Of course there are some things that I missed out on and would love to have another chance to get, but not like this. It’s just not right and it’s in very bad taste.

Is this post for real ? Have you been around the last 6 months , when everyone was crying and spending hundreds of bucks and not getting anything in return ? Because of luck chances ?

This is probably the best patch yet , everyone has a last chance on getting some of the RNG lost items , the other half makes a big profit through TP for saving the skins for so long in their bank.

This self-entitlement needs to stop…

play hard , go pro.

(edited by offence.4726)

xephire.8324

I see what youre doing that ANET.You clever living story is just a joke to make the world living.You take us for fools.

TheDaiBish.9735

I see what youre doing that ANET.You clever living story is just a joke to make the world living.You take us for fools.

What’s this to do with exclusive items returning…

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

xephire.8324

living story,temporary,once in a time loot(temporary loot).Once over.No one can get it.They put gem store.tada.

TheDaiBish.9735

living story,temporary,once in a time loot(temporary loot).Once over.No one can get it.They put gem store.tada.

Except things like the Unlimited Gathering Tools, Rox’s and Brahm’s weapon skins and the Wintersday skins were gemstore exclusive anyway. Since they mentioned about skins that had limited sales, we can assume that they’re Gemstore items, not items from in-game.

Now, if they put things in such as the Fused weapons at a set price, I can see why that’d cause outrage, given that people more than likely paid over the odds for them.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

You do realise that that items such as the ghastly shield would have come back anyways right? It was part of the Halloween event which will repeat itself pretty much every year at that holiday. They will add small new parts to it each year sure but the basics from the very first will still be there.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

This thread made my head explode.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Oh, for cat’s sake…

How about we wait and see what they put in there before we nerdrage? I am personally thinking it will be things they offered in the gem store before.

If they put in skins and whatnot from the RNG boxes, then I’ll rage right along with you, but if they’re gem store “exclusives” then it’s simply smart business sense.

So, I think I’ll wait and see.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

As long as they aren’t in rng boxes..

YES! +1 rep

And yes, many people begged for return of molten weapons or gathering tools. There is nothing wrong when you listen to people who are asking for something.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Even if they do add such things as the fuzed or jade weapons in as part of this sale, we do not know how much they are going to cost. They could be $10, they could be $50.

I see nothing wrong with doing this. It is the same thing every business has done since time practically began.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Seriously A-net 1600 gems per claim ticket… YOU WILL MAKE BANK! Just sayin

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Except with most of us just gem —→ golding :P But yeah, not a fan of rng.

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Except with most of us just gem —-> golding :P But yeah, not a fan of rng.

Oh really you should check out the thread #Skill=Rewards ~
———

But seriously it takes a lot of gold to do that, if anything that’d be a good way to take gold out of the economy which would keep it pretty healthy.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”