Bringing down the market

Bringing down the market

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Devils.3679

Devils.3679

With ascended armor coming and expected to be another item we will be crafting along with ascended weapons and precursors and no other way to guarantee getting these items is Anet crashing its own market. Just like the Dust situation 2 months ago but this time on a much larger scale.

i feel like they are attempting to make these items available to casual players but with so much into crafting are they just pushing these items away into the “hardcore” side. with prices rising and not expected to stop.

Bringing down the market

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

The fun thing about inflation is that you can’t solve the problem by taking away the money you’ve given. It’s like digging down without a ladder to climb back out.

Ultimately, few people being extremely rich – in an environment where money supply is endless – hurts no one. Raising prices on basic goods, however, hurts everyone.

Bringing down the market

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Prices will stabilize once profit from harvesting nodes exceed dungeon and champ farm profits. Stop panicking.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Bringing down the market

Posted by: luckyguse.2674

luckyguse.2674

People played dust? I thought that game was such a flop.
Good to know those old school EVE players made tons of ISK of the debacle.

Bringing down the market

Posted by: sweatycool.9624

sweatycool.9624

People played dust? I thought that game was such a flop.
Good to know those old school EVE players made tons of ISK of the debacle.

He was referring to the T6 Dust crisis that happened 2 months ago, where the T6 Dust was around 30-40 silver a piece before Anet’s cheap solution to use Glob of Ectoplasm to get Crystalline Dust.

As what my mighty Norn says, EAT MORE BACON

- I Eat Bacon, from Ferguson’s Crossing.

Bringing down the market

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

In his blog post prior to ascended crafting John Smith, the Game Economist, said:

“Economic Concerns

Each of these changes will have an impact on the game economy, resetting equilibriums and creating some unfamiliar market forces—which is why we thought we’d brief you beforehand.

All together these changes will have a pretty large impact on the economy. Since we’re changing the value of all weapons and armor in the game, when the release goes live all materials, armor and weapons will be knocked out of equilibrium.

We have a really large and really fast economy in Guild Wars 2, so many items will find themselves back in equilibrium before you even notice something changed, while other commodities will shift and fluctuate as players adapt to the new system.
What does this mean to you, the player? If you’re an avid Trading Post player it will be a really interesting time, watching how the markets fall back into place. If you’re less interested in the TP you can expect the rewards you previously sold to a vendor to be more valuable to everyone."

This is still going on and is definately expected.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.