Broken Collections

Broken Collections

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Fantastic!! /sarcasm.. but there’s still no fix for them after all this time.

Ogre Wars post (first link) verifies what I’ve said all along about the longevity of the event after a server reset. It seems appropriate for the obligatory Inculpatus Cedo’s /shrug at this point.

I can’t even remember when the Ogre Wars bug started happening, but it was well more than a month ago, and I can guarantee that heaps of people have submitted bug reports in-game. I personally have submitted 3 or 4 for each one of the Dredge Commisar and the Ogre Wars when I find them both bugged (which is usually).

Bottom line: I really can’t understand why it takes them this long to get to the root of the bugs in these event meta’s. Like I said above, it’s not like they just happened yesterday. Yes it’s nice to see they’ve acknowledged it, but no it’s not ok that they’ve taken so frkn long to do so.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Broken Collections

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, if the new definition of ‘acknowledged’ is ‘fixed’, then those posters commenting about ArenaNet not acknowledging the bug are correct.

If not, then maybe they are now a bit more enlightened. Thanks for the feedback. =)

Edit: Oh, and if anything might be considered ‘obligatory’ about my posts, it would surely be ‘Good luck’, rather than the /shrug. Lol. But, thank you for noticing me, I feel rather special! ; )

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Broken Collections

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

skullmount — I am not sure, with the visual bug, which Collections people may think they have been working on, even while the Collections weren’t live.

I think we need to wait and see as these are rolled out. Not all will be coming in the immediate future, because a couple of them need additional design work and testing, but a couple are coming pretty soon, as I mentioned.

As for your bags, congrats on getting a head start! A few bags of bags sounds… impressive.

Can we take this basically as an educated guessed confirmation, that:

Fine Wining and Brewing Master are coming with one of the next 2 patches??
This is basically what can be taken as “pretty soon” and falls under the description of “a couple = 2”…
Because 3 wouldn’t be a couple anymore and 4 are natually all.

Why actualy those 2? because they are the easier two of the four to fix/implement, which require for sure not any kind of your mentioned “addtional design works”, because everyone with half of a brain in the head can think about it, that Hero of the People for sure would need some more design work due to some made ealier changes to the game, like removing all the Champions from Beginner Maps making it nearly impossible to get currently any kind of White Loot Bags anymore or at least very unneccessarely hardly, than intended maybe)

Plus the Fractal Collection I guess could be the other one, which could also require compared to the other options some design work, maybe because there was something forgotten to be implemented to the collection, like one of those Unlock Items to make the Collection visible, as many people were complaining, that they used Skins and didn’t get to see the Collection, which could be solved with an easy to get Unlock item, like implementng that Item as a Fractal Relic Reward to the Relic Vendor, what could be the “design work”, that has been forgotten to implement in the September Feature Pack…

This is just an educated guess made by me, but am I right, or am I right ???

I really appreciate it, what you’ve done here, bringing finally a bit more light into the darkness, but for what I have absolutely no understanding for is, why… – now that it has been cleared up, why those achievements aren’t working (reason: they haven’t been implemented with the feature pack onto the live servers, so all the info about them was from begin on nothing but an unwanted premature leak)… can’t be those achievements, that have been leaked for all this long time by now not be packed by their horns and be named, which ones we are getting now exactly pretty soon?

Why do we get left behind standing in the darkness again, instead of getting for once exactly said, what we will get pretty soon; especially if it seems pretty much, that those achievements which we will get so soon, look like being already set in stone and pretty much decided over, which ones it will definetely be “pretty soon”?

When something like these “couple of achievements” seem to be already so pretty much decided over them, which ones it will be later, you should be also able by this time now to tell us, which ones it will be exactly.

Please stop finally this permanent talking in riddles where we have to permanently read between the lines and try to pull the infos out of your noses and please start talking more frankly to us, especially about things, which seem to be already decided.

Its time to come clear (as good as possible) and I think the reappearing uproars of the community about the lack of communication should have made this more than clear enough by now.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Broken Collections

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It really has become a case of post-‘n’-hope on this site. Sometimes you’ll get a dev to respond to your query for the betterment of the game and your playing experience. As I’ve experienced, other times they’ll go largely ignored.

Getting dev/red attention is like getting Mini Gwynefyrdd from ToT bag. It happens, but it is incredibly rare, and it is working as designed and intended.

Now, watch another two-three months pass by, and we get another “please make bullets and/or post detailed information of which collections are bugged – and by the way, are you sure they are bugged or are you just unable to find correct items?”

Once again, maybe something will happen only after company’s most valued customers, New Players, write support tickets explaining how confused they are with collections.

I am not sure what is worse, getting no responses and not seeing anything happening or getting multiple responses and still nothing happening. This is in regard to bugs in general not just the specific things in this thread.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

skullmount — I am not sure, with the visual bug, which Collections people may think they have been working on, even while the Collections weren’t live.

I think we need to wait and see as these are rolled out. Not all will be coming in the immediate future, because a couple of them need additional design work and testing, but a couple are coming pretty soon, as I mentioned.

As for your bags, congrats on getting a head start! A few bags of bags sounds… impressive.

Can we take this basically as an educated guessed confirmation, that:

Fine Wining and Brewing Master are coming with one of the next 2 patches??

I’m more likely to think that Fine Wining and Hero of the People might be better candidates to be addressed than Brewmaster, which doesn’t even have a complete collection yet. As I mentioned earlier, the Stein of Golden Ale would have to go to another NPC in order to be obtained (Brother Vince at Eldvin Monastery selling booze goes against the NPE, didn’t ya know?), and Spider Brew will have to be created or omitted from the list of booze.

Hero of the People has less to fix up and Fine Wining, well, I didn’t even get that one started before I looked on Dulfy’s site and found that it was bugged on 9/9 patch day, and then never fixed.

I am not sure what is worse, getting no responses and not seeing anything happening or getting multiple responses and still nothing happening. This is in regard to bugs in general not just the specific things in this thread.

I’ll have to use an army metaphor here. Option A (getting no responses and no action) is akin to not even presenting yourself at the Parade Ground. Option B is the same as being on the Parade Ground and ‘marking time’ (marching on the spot). Yes they’ve seen it, and no they’re not actually going anywhere.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Broken Collections

Posted by: Nabbis.8095

Nabbis.8095

Any news on these? patch notes didn’t say that the Hero of the people had been fixed nor does it unlock anything yet with the old or the new champion boxes.

WvW Blobs aren’t Blobs they are just large group of oozes blobbing along each other.
Leader of the Iron Hall [Iron]
Server: Desolation now and forever.

Broken Collections

Posted by: BearJada.3295

BearJada.3295

Does anyone know if Hero of the People is supposed to be working yet? I haven’t seen anything.

Broken Collections

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Old thread but now there is some point of reference for the initial complaint. Fine Wining and Brewmaster were activated on the December 2nd update. No explanation for why those two were introduced at that particular point in time. Release notes show no indication of a bug. Still no info on Hero of the People collection. Basically, players were calling Anet out on content that wasn’t rolled out on the live servers and we only had knowledge of because of an unofficial video preview. The popular assumption was, probably still is, that the 3 missing collections were bugged at launch. I see two possibilities. We might have been asking Anet to comment on the equivalent of datamined features with clandestine release dates, which they have commented on in the past with VIP status but haven’t with things like the school outfits. Or it was bugged somehow and they just didn’t want to tell us for whatever reason. Believe what you want. Hero of the People TBD.

Broken Collections

Posted by: cosh holga.7241

cosh holga.7241

So is Hero of the People still going to come out or can I finally use those champ bags to get some room?

Age, wisdom and treachery will always conquer over youth, vigor and impatiens.

Broken Collections

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

if we speak about bug
Treasure Hunter -> Royal Signet of Doric infused don’t work.

As mentioned above:

Please report issues and bugs in the game. I cannot tell you how much an in-game report helps us, because that kind of report provides a lot of back-end information that makes it possible to replicate the bug, where posting on a forum does not give the devs the same level of detail.

If you cannot report in the game, please post on the Bugs Forum with as many details as you can provide. If you have done so, thank you. And here’s a tip: It’s best to have separate threads for bugs, and not tag new bug reports on a thread about a different issue. Thanks for understanding.

Thank you very much for all information you gave us. We really need to know what you devs knows about the state of the game in order to be able to help you. I can perfectly understand that a rare and hard to reproduce bug is easier to spot with an ingame report.

But What about the Infused Royal Doric signet which doesn’t count the treasure hunter collection ? Any player has the exact same issue, it’s not a rare bug, it’s a common feature. How could it be helpfull to your devs to have an ingame report about that ? You just have to launch your game and see it by yourself.

If we better understand how you work, you may be more helpfull, but right now, I just don’t understand why you need an ingame report about that. Forum seems a better place to me.

My own guess: Game code. The in-game bug reports, almost certainly, include the snippets of the game’s code that control the bugged thing in question. With that data to hand, the programmers can look at it and see where it’s broken or not properly written. Forum reports, naturally, don’t contain game code, so that crucial piece of the puzzle is missing.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So is Hero of the People still going to come out or can I finally use those champ bags to get some room?

They haven’t said.

I suspect that they had some of the collections designated for testing only, but those some accidentally ended up being partially enabled during the introduction of collections. That would explain why some people saw the collections unlocked and some didn’t.

If I start running out of room again, I’ll stop saving the champ bags — it seems to me there’s a decent chance that Hero of the People won’t ever get released, won’t get released for months and months, and/or when it does, it will be substantially changed.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Broken Collections

Posted by: ArdalanScythefury.1276

ArdalanScythefury.1276

Hi,
I wanted to get some follow up on the event, “Protect krewe leader Dobbs as the krewe clears the excavation site”. This takes place near the Rankor Ruins Waypoint in Timberline Falls and, as far I have been able to tell, does not take place anymore.

The merchant, Quinta, is only accessible through completion of this event. Only through Quinta are you able to acquire the Ancient Stone Summit Shoulder Spike which is part of the Treasure Hunter collection.

Can you please provide information when this event will be fixed?

Thank you

Broken Collections

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Hi,
I wanted to get some follow up on the event, “Protect krewe leader Dobbs as the krewe clears the excavation site”. This takes place near the Rankor Ruins Waypoint in Timberline Falls and, as far I have been able to tell, does not take place anymore.

The merchant, Quinta, is only accessible through completion of this event. Only through Quinta are you able to acquire the Ancient Stone Summit Shoulder Spike which is part of the Treasure Hunter collection.

Can you please provide information when this event will be fixed?

Thank you

Best way to get this is right after a patch.
As soon as you see a message “Patch coming in 10 mins”
I recommend parking a character at the event waypoint.
Once you download the new patch, quickly login onto the parked character.
Either push the event chain or wait for the krewe leader to come to the event location and complete it.
It bugs out after it is completed once so get your item(s) as soon as it completes,
This is the best work-around since this event has been broken for way too long.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Broken Collections

Posted by: ianxml.5896

ianxml.5896

Bump!

It has been 9 months now since Gaile replied on this thread.
Please fix these collections. I have been working on “Hero of the People” but it is still bugged.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Bump!

It has been 9 months now since Gaile replied on this thread.
Please fix these collections. I have been working on “Hero of the People” but it is still bugged.

Hero of the People isn’t actually implemented at this time. (So, not “bugged.”) On the other hand, I did think it was reasonable for us to expect it to be added before HoT released, so I, too, am hoping for an update.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Broken Collections

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’m also waiting on the Hero Colle ctiion.. want to use finally the Loot Boxes to get the achievement done.
Hasnt been imp,emente.. tsk, it should have ben already implemented 9 months ago when they announced the existance of this achievement, same as like the fractal collection achievement, but that one got at least officially postponed now to the release date of HoT, but about Hero they haven’t lost a single word at all so far >.<

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Broken Collections

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

They probably realized how stupid the hero collection is and removed it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Broken Collections

ianxml.5896

They probably realized how stupid the hero collection is and removed it.

That is not a valid excuse since they promised to work on it.

Broken Collections

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Been trying to get the drop for the “Jormag Defense Guide” Collection for 428 days (and counting), killing the Claw of Jormag every day (save for a two week vacation). I’ve seen one person get it once during this time. I mean, just to start it, how rare does it have to be?

Broken Collections

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Been trying to get the drop for the “Jormag Defense Guide” Collection for 428 days (and counting), killing the Claw of Jormag every day (save for a two week vacation). I’ve seen one person get it once during this time. I mean, just to start it, how rare does it have to be?

Considering buying the Jormag Defense guide is just a fraction of the total costs of the collection, I see no reason to complain.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Broken Collections

ianxml.5896

After consultation with several team members, here’s a little information about the four collections that forum members asked about:

• Fine Wining
  • Brewmaster
  • Hero of the People
  • Fractal Weapons

There were issues with each of the collections that prevented their roll-out in September. In short, they were not complete-able at that time. However, due to a bug, some players were able to see the collections as if they were active. It seems that the visibility bug is fixed, and that players would not see the collections now. The important thing to know is that the collections are not currently available on Live but that they are coming! (A couple of them are coming pretty soon, in fact.)

It has been 9 months already. So when are we getting the “Hero of the People” collection activated in the game?

Broken Collections

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

I’ve been ready for this achievement, when is it coming?

Attachments: