Broken contacts, empty guild roster

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arky.1938

Arky.1938

Yet again, I’m trying to do a dungeon and suddenly out of nowhere I’m booted. I log back in, the guild roster is empty, I can’t see any of my friends online (but they can see me), I can’t join parties (I get the invite, there is no name, I accept it, nothing happens), and I can’t join dungeons.

I tried two separate computers on two separate internet connections.

This happens every so often, and it’s pretty silly for a year old MMO from an experienced company.

Posted by: Valmarius.4150

Valmarius.4150

Same for me. Problems started several hours ago, where suddenly I could no longer see messages in guild chat (even though all the other chat channels worked fine, and the game had zero lag). Logged back in again a short while ago and the guild panel is totally borked. Again.

This really is game breaking.

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

Yet again, I’m trying to do a dungeon and suddenly out of nowhere I’m booted. I log back in, the guild roster is empty, I can’t see any of my friends online (but they can see me), I can’t join parties (I get the invite, there is no name, I accept it, nothing happens), and I can’t join dungeons.

I tried two separate computers on two separate internet connections.

This happens every so often, and it’s pretty silly for a year old MMO from an experienced company.

Imho; It is more likely that immersion breaking Christmas Yeti slippers will appear in the TP than effort will be put into fixing fundamentals.

Currently 2 of the 4 guilds I am in are unreachable.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Have you reported this through support? I personally have never seen anything like this nor have I heard anyone ever mentioning it on forums. Going off about what a crap game this is because you experience it and few others do is kind of less than helpful.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

This really should be in the game bugs forum. It’d do more good there.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

5 of my party cant enter dungeons and suffer the same problem on desolation.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

as of right now it is 06:30 where the people are that can fix this.

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

as of right now it is 06:30 where the people are that can fix this.

You think that from 5.30 pm to 8.30 am no one is home at A-net?

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Posted by: digital.4307

digital.4307

broken broken broken

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

The issue is with you being “hosted” to someone else’s server while doing a dungeon with players from other servers.

Discovered these types of issues many months ago when a friend would do guild missions with a guild on another server. We could not send item links and I noticed she was not displayed as online in my friends list.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Arky.1938

The issue is with you being “hosted” to someone else’s server while doing a dungeon with players from other servers.

Discovered these types of issues many months ago when a friend would do guild missions with a guild on another server. We could not send item links and I noticed she was not displayed as online in my friends list.

No, we were all from the same server. We all rolled on the same server, and we guest very rarely.

That is not the issue. This is just more broken kitten.

Arky.1938

I would like to point out that I was “infracted” for expressing my dissatisfaction with this service and my follow up post was removed. Allow me to re-iterate my issues in a more “delicate” manner:

This game is not new, the company is not inexperienced. Why are these simple, baseline, connectivity issues still happening. It’s a simple contact list/group management system which exists in almost every modern web app & game at this point. This has happened to me many times before, and the issue persists for hours. (Let’s not forget that skill lag is still present).

Why is there still no particle adjustment system that works. It’s been over a year. This has been requested since BWE1. “Limit Particle LOD” is bullkitten. There’s plenty of evidence & feedback on this forum to support this.

Bots are still a big deal. I still see the same bots after months. I get direct messages from gold sellers now, at least 3 times a week. Wow.

Now, that’s polite as it gets. I’m just a regularly paying customer looking for answers about my favorite game which I share with my friends, and these game breaking “issues” sure can put a dampener on our game time.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I would like to point out that I was “infracted” for expressing my dissatisfaction with this service and my follow up post was removed. Allow me to re-iterate my issues in a more “delicate” manner:

This game is not new, the company is not inexperienced. Why are these simple, baseline, connectivity issues still happening. It’s a simple contact list/group management system which exists in almost every modern web app & game at this point. This has happened to me many times before, and the issue persists for hours. (Let’s not forget that skill lag is still present).

Why is there still no particle adjustment system that works. It’s been over a year. This has been requested since BWE1. “Limit Particle LOD” is bullkitten. There’s plenty of evidence & feedback on this forum to support this.

Bots are still a big deal. I still see the same bots after months. I get direct messages from gold sellers now, at least 3 times a week. Wow.

Now, that’s polite as it gets. I’m just a regularly paying customer looking for answers about my favorite game which I share with my friends, and these game breaking “issues” sure can put a dampener on our game time.

Just to take one of your points, which MMO has successful dealt with bots? I’m curious.

You make it sound like one year is a lot of time. One year is nothing with a program this complex.

Things change all the time. Things that used to work break. It happens in every MMO.

Not to say that these things should be fixed….but then again, I’ve only very rarely experienced the problems the OP has talked about here, usually right before an update.

Without knowing more about what causes certain problems, or the programming involved. no one can know how long something should take to fix.