Broken event during guest days? Nice.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phleem.8042

Phleem.8042

I’m not sure what is wrong over at ANet, but it is ironic they would have their free offer to bring friends in at the same time they run a holiday event that is broken (Canach).

I would advise a little more care if you are going to get thousands of players to run a quest series to make sure it isn’t dead in the middle.

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

You don’t pay a subscription. I just want you to sit and think about that for a minute.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

are you saying we “should expect cheap stuff” because there is no sub ??

Posted by: Phleem.8042

Phleem.8042

Phleem sits and thinks

1. I used to write software, and it is generally a good idea when your programs don’t fail in front of thousands of people, because it makes you look like an idiot.

2. Anet wants to make money selling follow on content and more copies of the original game, and wasting thousands of people’s time isn’t a good way to do that.

Posted by: Atheismo.5164

Atheismo.5164

You don’t pay a subscription. I just want you to sit and think about that for a minute.

Yeah, but how many people are likely to shell out $60 for a game when their first experience with it is a gigantic lagfest of terribleness?

Honestly my experience was better during the midnight-prelaunch of the game, which is pretty sad; that only had crippling lag for about an hour before they fixed it up nicely.

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

You don’t pay a subscription: you shouldn’t expect the game to work!

But seriously, the horrible, horrible, unplayable lag in the mass combat events would have been enough to embarrass me if i had anyone i was trying to introduce the game to through the trial.

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

Because you’ve clearly thought about the other variables. There’s no way the OP could have spent money outside of subscription. Poor ANet did all this for us… the players… for free.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Posted by: Kathmandu.2417

Kathmandu.2417

I did paid a subscription for GW2 up to day before yesterday, when I read the patch notes.

But now I don’t, you are right.

13th November. The Grind Wars begin.

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

I thought it was actually very brave and considerate of Anet to give the refer-a-friend people a chance to see what the game is actually like.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

And you didn’t get the game for free either did you? Why don’t you think about that.

User will be infracted for this post.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

doesnt matter if the event lag,
they just need to sell a bunch of those event chests.

this is how success is measured for an event!

Posted by: Valmarius.4150

Valmarius.4150

I’ll say this. I had planned to take the entire weekend to play GW2, do the one off events, and explore the new zone. After tonight, I’m not planning on logging in again until Monday. Completely dissapointed with the frankly unplayable mess tonight. I can’t even begin to imagine how much worse the Sunday event is going to be…hours of that? No thanks.

Love the game in general, but this event was soul crushing.

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Phleem sits and thinks

1. I used to write software, and it is generally a good idea when your programs don’t fail in front of thousands of people, because it makes you look like an idiot.

Usually ends up getting you fired if you fail that badly.

Strangely in video game development they get praised by the company when they royally screw things up. Just look at Izzy’s track record.

Posted by: Space Cow.2431

Space Cow.2431

I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t realize paying 60€ for garbage was okay provided I didn’t follow up with a monthly fee.