[Bug Fix] Hardened Leather Sections

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celiea.3461

Celiea.3461

Hello I am contacting here since I can’t find the right place to post bug’s and its a bug that is a must fix!!!!!!!
The Bug is the drop rate on the Hardened Leather Sections they are way to low compared to Gossamer which drops a lot on sacks, bags, boxes, and chests. Not only that Gossamer is very cheap in Trade to were Hardened Leather Sections are expensive and that leather is mostly used in crafting.

So its a very serious issue not a lot of people will beable to craft not only exotic but also ascended that requires this leather nore level their crafting skills.

So I strongly recommended to up the drop-rate of the Hardened Leather Sections as high as the Gossamer scraps same goes with the Cured Hardened Leather Squares.

I really do hope this issue will be fixed.

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Yeah, crafting leatherworking is pretty insane when the main component costs nearly 1 gold a piece. Leather in general seems to have a disproportionately low drop rate, but hardened leather is nuts

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Anet thinks its fine unfortunately. And there is no shortage of people making money off the ridiculous state of leather who also think its fine.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Anet thinks its fine unfortunately. And there is no shortage of people making money off the ridiculous state of leather who also think its fine.

There’s no shortage of people making money off of whatever prices are on the TP. Power traders are always going to do well, regardless of the market; farmers are always going to find lucrative routes.

I don’t know that I’d say things are “fine” since people are distraught about the prices. But this isn’t a bug nor an economic issue — it’s that prices aren’t meeting people’s expectations with regards to parity (leather is substantially more expensive than cloth or metal for equivalent components) nor with regard to historical prices (people got used to vendor-priced sections and cheap insignia, components).

There’s nothing wrong with saying “we don’t like it — ANet please revisit the balance, because we’re frustrated.” But the market itself is doing what it’s supposed to do: we can buy what we want on the TP, in bulk.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Grimwolf.7163

I have like 20 points left to go on my leatherworking that I can’t reasonably complete, because each item I craft costs roughly 20 gold. It would take about 200 gold to finish.
Most of them only sell back for ~6-8 gold, because idiots. And can take several days to do so due to low demand.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I have like 20 points left to go on my leatherworking that I can’t reasonably complete, because each item I craft costs roughly 20 gold. It would take about 200 gold to finish.
Most of them only sell back for ~6-8 gold, because idiots. And can take several days to do so due to low demand.

What are you doing, are you actually crafting Insignias? Buy 4 different cheap Intricate Gossamer Insignias from the Trading Post: Magi, Rabid, Dire, Shaman’s, that’s about 5 gold.

You need 4 helmets, that’s 12 hardened leather sections that cost 4 gold total (the other stuff is cheap).

Then you discover that kitten and sell it. Those 20 levels only cost 9 gold if you are lucky and use a crafting booster. It’s likely that you need to craft a fifth item though. Just buy another Rabid Insignia and discover them gloves.

You are welcome

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

So its a very serious issue not a lot of people will beable to craft not only exotic but also ascended that requires this leather nore level their crafting skills.

Crafting ascended gear doesnt really require much t6 leather, only for the exotic insignia, if that one is also crafted.

Using the grandmaster mark system and the pvp/fractal vendors doesnt require any t6 leather.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

I recently came back to the game and was shocked at the cost of leather. When I left (before LS Season 1) the cost of crafting was in the exotic/rare materials, not the base materials (cloth/leather/metal/wood).

Now, I did have maxed out stacks of all of the leathers in my bank, and yes I could make a nice chunk of gold selling them, but these prices are just absurd at this point.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

tbh i dont know whats wrong with 1 thing costing more than your avarge crafting mat

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I recently came back to the game and was shocked at the cost of leather. When I left (before LS Season 1) the cost of crafting was in the exotic/rare materials, not the base materials (cloth/leather/metal/wood).

Now, I did have maxed out stacks of all of the leathers in my bank, and yes I could make a nice chunk of gold selling them, but these prices are just absurd at this point.

A lot of things have changed in 4 years. Have you noticed how easy it is to acquire 2 Gold compared to when you left 4 years ago?

Welcome return, and good luck.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

What are you doing, are you actually crafting Insignias? Buy 4 different cheap Intricate Gossamer Insignias from the Trading Post: Magi, Rabid, Dire, Shaman’s, that’s about 5 gold.

You need 4 helmets, that’s 12 hardened leather sections that cost 4 gold total (the other stuff is cheap).

Then you discover that kitten and sell it. Those 20 levels only cost 9 gold if you are lucky and use a crafting booster. It’s likely that you need to craft a fifth item though. Just buy another Rabid Insignia and discover them gloves.

You are welcome

This is the best way to level alright. They may actually fix the issues they caused around leather in the next expansion but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Could you expand more on the ‘because idiots’?

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Grimwolf.7163

What would you call it when people craft something, and then sell it for less than it cost them to craft it?

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

What would you call it when people craft something, and then sell it for less than it cost them to craft it?

Smart, because then they don’t have to sit on this item that they don’t need or want for who knows how long.

Psientist.6437

Smart, because then they don’t have to sit on this item that they don’t need or want for who knows how long.

‘pragmatic’ or ‘realistic’, or ‘willing to accept the reality that not all Tyrian crafting will result in adding marketable value, especially items commonly crafted to increase crafting lvl.’, or ‘willing to accept that crafted goods have to compete with drops’

Finn the human

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

tbh i dont know whats wrong with 1 thing costing more than your avarge crafting mat

t6 cured leather costs almost 100 times what a bolt of gossamer costs, as checked on the TP while writing this post. That’s beyond “more than average”.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Its an order of magnitude more expensive than T6 wood, and 2 orders of magnitude more expensive than T6 ore/cloth. When you say that it “costs more” without giving context you are downplaying this massively.

2 orders of magnitude more expensive than other mats of the same tier. That says something is out of line with acquisition versus required amounts in recipes. Either ore and wood and cloth are all out of line, or its leather that is out of line.

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

I really just think of it as another time gate. Little bit annoying, but just like everything else in gw2, if you’re patient, it comes. If you hurry, you pay through the nose.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Several items are more, much more, expensive that the other items in their tier. I think it has more to do with demand, than just being in the same tier.

Should all the materials in the same tier be as expensive as those need to create a Legendary Weapon? Or as inexpensive as those not needed to create a Legendary?

Just like Silk, and other mats, I’m sure down the road, the ones that are near vendor-value today will be worth a lot, and vice versa.

Good luck.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The market rate?

It is odd. In RL adding labor to something increases the cost over that of the materials. The GW2 economy does the precise opposite of that. I am not sure how you would fix it at this point though.

Grimwolf.7163

The market rate?

It is odd. In RL adding labor to something increases the cost over that of the materials. The GW2 economy does the precise opposite of that. I am not sure how you would fix it at this point though.

Oh trust me, people do it in real life as well. It’s part of the reason why unions, minimum pay and similar institutions exist.
Hobbyists nose their way into a professional business because they enjoy it, and charge little if anything for their work, screwing over the professionals.
It was a large part of what crashed the mobile app industry several years ago (people still release thousands of apps a day, but can no longer reasonably make a living off it).
It’s just what happens when you don’t have any rules. People in general are either idiots or selfish.
Most people see minimum wage, for example, as preventing businesses from paying unreasonably low sums. But that would only actually work if someone were willing to accept that unreasonably low pay. And there most certainly would be.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

The market rate?

If you produce much more than is demanded, you have that effect in real markets. Just take a look at 1 Dollar/Euro stores. There is a lot of stuff that you cannot produce for the money you can buy it for, even if you let slaves do the work. The shipping and handling alone is more expensive. Companies destroy overproduction to not harm their brand by selling it off with a loss.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Psientist.6437

The market rate?

Oh trust me, people do it in real life as well. It’s part of the reason why unions, minimum pay and similar institutions exist.
Hobbyists nose their way into a professional business because they enjoy it, and charge little if anything for their work, screwing over the professionals.
It was a large part of what crashed the mobile app industry several years ago (people still release thousands of apps a day, but can no longer reasonably make a living off it).
It’s just what happens when you don’t have any rules. People in general are either idiots or selfish.
Most people see minimum wage, for example, as preventing businesses from paying unreasonably low sums. But that would only actually work if someone were willing to accept that unreasonably low pay. And there most certainly would be.

I am sure you are smart enough to realize that you are arguing for the studio to make crafting less democratic. To achieve what you seem to be asking for, the studio would have to limit the number of players who have access to crafting recipes. Does that sound like something anyone would enjoy?

Pushing a button on a commonly owned recipe to make something you and most everyone else only want because it grants crafting xp is not labor.

Finn the human

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Why are people still trying to use the economy to make sense of H. Leather prices!?
I mean something like MC are held to the back and forth of the economy but hardened leather is exempt,

Anet went in played god and changed things themselves they changed the recipies to require more leather. They reduced the drop rates, increased the demand, increased the uses, increased the refinement, and decreased the salvage. There is no faith in leathe because Anet are the ones who messed it up and it can only be fixed by them reverting at least some of their changes. This is modern Anet though and they’ll never admit their wrong about anything.

This image exists for a reason

http://i.imgur.com/cdQ5ndN.jpg

Grimwolf.7163

The market rate?

I am sure you are smart enough to realize that you are arguing for the studio to make crafting less democratic. To achieve what you seem to be asking for, the studio would have to limit the number of players who have access to crafting recipes. Does that sound like something anyone would enjoy?

Pushing a button on a commonly owned recipe to make something you and most everyone else only want because it grants crafting xp is not labor.

I didn’t say they should do anything, I was stating a fact

Posted by: Avonna.2140

Avonna.2140

cant they just make a recipe for it? or would that break the entire game?

I am a gamer!