Burned out

Burned out

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kindstrike.1962

Kindstrike.1962

I love the game, but I find myself not wanting to log in.

I think it’s a kinda raider fatigue. Took be awhile to figure it out. The combat is so tactical that I get burned out. Like the WHOLE game is a dungeon crawl.

I guess I miss mindless open world combat, with intense dungeon combat.

Maybe no “downtime” is what is the issue is.

Burned out

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

The issue is self control.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Burned out

Posted by: Grizor.6543

Grizor.6543

take a break, maybe it will seem interesting in a week or two!

Grizor – Charr Engineer – Gandara

Burned out

Posted by: Kindstrike.1962

Kindstrike.1962

No, I’m not one of the power levelers. I have a level 70. That’s pretty much it.

It’s just the time ingame allows for no error.

Maybe it’s not that the game is too hard for me, but maybe just too hard to be fun.

Burned out

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

Burned out

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

It’s true that some of the areas can really wear you out with all the constant action going on. If you haven’t completed the entire map yet, take a break by going to some of the lower areas. They don’t seem to have quite as much of a hectic pace as some of the 50+ zones do.

Burned out

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

I have played 236 hours over the past 22 days. Is that too much? :P

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

Burned out

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

I have noticed that at lower level zones it is easier to explore. The mobs are spaced out.

Higher level zones it seems that you have to fight for every single inch. These zones seem to have a higher concentration of mobs or in some place choake points to force you to fight sometimes 3-5 on 1. Yes I have had some great epic battles. But sometimes there is a fatigue factor. When this happens I usually either switch zones and play a bit more casual or log out all together… take a few hour or day break.

Let me make it clear… I do not see any problem with the amount of mobs anywhere or their tuffness. Please Anet do not change anything. My issues with getting burnt out is not because of the game, it’s because I sometimes put in 7-12 hour play sessions. It’s my own fault, not the game or it’s design.

Burned out

Posted by: Lynce.1705

Lynce.1705

Meh it happens with a lot of games bro. Sometimes a break is all you need, the game does seem to have a lot going on all the time so it does take quite a bit of brain power. Just take a break for a few days, there is no monthly fee so you don’t really have to worry about it all that much, you can come back at anytime.

Or you can do other stuff in the game like focus on crafting or maybe just do some PVP or something. Anybody gets worn out after awhile, even the most dedicated players do.

Burned out

Posted by: Bassario.3465

Bassario.3465

Bahahaha! Really? That sounds AWESOME!

Man, perhaps my decision to get every class to 10 first was a bad one, coz I was starting to feel really slow paced, but then starting areas are supposed to do that xD

Now I am really looking forward to getting into the higher levels, if only making a choice on class was any easier…. it still isn’t

Burned out

Posted by: Ouspensky.5248

Ouspensky.5248

Take a break. It’s very easy to become burnt out on any MMO if you play it too much. When I find myself getting bored I play LoL or NHL13 on my PS3. Eventually I miss GW2 and log in and find myself having fun again.

Burned out

Posted by: Selo.1250

Selo.1250

I think it also have to do with theg ame beeing quite meaningless. While you lvl up you kinda think, what am i going to do when i get to max lvl? To not have anything thats waiting for you, is a big disencouragement.

The holw leveling progress is the same, explore 100% of the map, move to next map, explore 100% of that one. You dont really feel a part of the “map”, its just a place to kill random mobs and gather nodes

Burned out

Posted by: trueplayer.6013

trueplayer.6013

@ Selo
It boggles my mind how can anyone think in that way… Guild Wars 2 is exactly the game where “true game” does not begin before 80 but at the same time – in no case it ends at the max level! For me, the only explanation for such opinions is being conditioned by gear treadmill games and it’s sad beyond belief.

Burned out

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

I found this game to be intense as well. There is no downtime when being out in the world until you outlevel a map so much that your traits and armor really make a difference. I started to create breaks every now and then to relax a little in small towns. I am now more often chatting to NPC’s and mixing it up with “relaxed” crafting. When hitting the next friendly village I will take a short break and chat with people before I throw myself in there again. I also found it to become less tiring after playing a lot and getting more used to the game, but I do feel the same way as you at times.

Burned out

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

I miss real open world pvp too, going someplace to pvp is not open world pvp

Burned out

Posted by: Santana Kazan.1730

Santana Kazan.1730

I think it also have to do with theg ame beeing quite meaningless. While you lvl up you kinda think, what am i going to do when i get to max lvl? To not have anything thats waiting for you, is a big disencouragement.

The holw leveling progress is the same, explore 100% of the map, move to next map, explore 100% of that one. You dont really feel a part of the “map”, its just a place to kill random mobs and gather nodes

I feel this way, too (regarding burnout). My incentives for leveling were to get prettier gear, but for a lot of people (even myself sometimes), you’re thinking “what’s the point”? It’s not like you’re missing out on some amazing experiences/content that only max level can provide in GW2.

Map completion irks the hell out of me, too. The completionist inside of me wants to 100% every zone I level in, and even if you’re not a completionist, nobody wants to miss out on gold, exp. and rewards for zone completion. It is a checklist of locations that I need to visit; it does not feel like a vast zone to discover. It really removes any sense of exploration.

Burned out

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

lol I never really thought about it but it has a lot of truth to it.. there really isn’t much downtime especially in Orr. Everytime I go there I know I will be “runninng running runnning!” There’s no safe place, no path to go or patch of water where you can stop and enjoy the scenery or take screenshots, I can’t type to anyone, I have to log-out if I want to use the bathroom or I will come back dead because my outpost will be taken over. I really wanted to enjoy that place and take some screenies =(

Burned out

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

I thought I’d miss that.

I was wrong.

Burned out

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

No one promised that on GW2. Quite the opposite actually.

Burned out

Posted by: ituhata.6830

ituhata.6830

I don’t see open-world pvp working out too well the way this game is set up.

Anyway having the game burn you out mentally isn’t a bad thing, you aren’t paying a monthly subscription so feel free to log out, walk away from the computer, and go do something else. I think alot of people spend too much of their daily lives at their computers anyway.

Caelthras – Fort Aspenwood
3rd Flora Artillery Unit

Burned out

Posted by: Bloody.8769

Bloody.8769

i will agree with 1 poster regarding Orr, the mobs are jamp packed in the area and they all are really annoying to fight. I run around naked rather than bother fighting my way trying to get from point to point especially if i have not =equipped the traits or skills that allow me escape and movement . Some mobs Risen Eagles come to mind and so horribly OP to fight that i do not even look at appreciating the landscape as those mobs can literally 2 shot you…

Burned out

Posted by: Treble.9378

Treble.9378

I feel the same way about the game honestly.

The exploration aspect is dulled by the myriad of vista’s/POI’s/waypoints, and I’ve been guided through the game with the sole purpose of mining ore to get weapon smithing/jewl crafting to max.

Upon learning tho that crafting was actually a waste of my time and money, I instantly lost ALOT of interest in this game, lol.

Now I login to play with friends really, but that’s about it. The game just feels hollow to me as is.

Burned out

Posted by: muthax.4720

muthax.4720

I feel this way, too (regarding burnout). My incentives for leveling were to get prettier gear, but for a lot of people (even myself sometimes), you’re thinking “what’s the point”? It’s not like you’re missing out on some amazing experiences/content that only max level can provide in GW2.

GW2 has plenty amazing content at any level, that’s why rushing to max level has no meaning or logic (as it should be)

Map completion irks the hell out of me, too. The completionist inside of me wants to 100% every zone I level in, and even if you’re not a completionist, nobody wants to miss out on gold, exp. and rewards for zone completion. It is a checklist of locations that I need to visit; it does not feel like a vast zone to discover. It really removes any sense of exploration.

This is false, if you just follow the points on the map, you will miss out on a lot of content. For example, in the Asura starting area, there is a hidden cave under the falls in the SE corner that isn’t marked on the map but has a challenge inside.

Peopel have to forget about the years they spent grinding for gear and start having fun, again

Burned out

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Bahahaha! Really? That sounds AWESOME!

Man, perhaps my decision to get every class to 10 first was a bad one, coz I was starting to feel really slow paced, but then starting areas are supposed to do that xD

Now I am really looking forward to getting into the higher levels, if only making a choice on class was any easier…. it still isn’t

Lol I’m still the same way. My max char is only 42. I’ve been alt bouncing forever because I want to choose ONE char to max everything on. =/

I’m usually the type that sticks to a single char. I haven’t been an unproductive alt-addict since I was a kid lol.

Burned out

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

I don’t miss it at all. Ganking people who are just trying to quest gets boring as hell after a while and it drives many low level players away from the game before they even reach level cap ( looking at you Aion ). At least when you go to WvW you know everyone there is there for a fight.

Burned out

Posted by: KonZEN.4078

KonZEN.4078

I love the game, but I find myself not wanting to log in.

I think it’s a kinda raider fatigue. Took be awhile to figure it out. The combat is so tactical that I get burned out. Like the WHOLE game is a dungeon crawl.

I guess I miss mindless open world combat, with intense dungeon combat.

Maybe no “downtime” is what is the issue is.

I’m feeling the same way. Maybe we’re just burned out of all the fantasy theme going around the genre. Maybe its time for me to give a try with an MMO that is very different from the pact. Yes, I’m looking at EVE Online.

Burned out

Posted by: Plague.6723

Plague.6723

Solution: Play a non rpg game that’s fun on the side you can switch to off and on. You could play a Dota type game or a FPS type game both are near endlessly fun.

Burned out

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

No, I’m not one of the power levelers. I have a level 70. That’s pretty much it.

Maybe it’s not that the game is too hard for me, but maybe just too hard to be fun.

Could I ask which class you were running? because if it was engineer i completely understand why it’s not fun anymore. 5-10 minute fights with regular mobs is never fun.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Burned out

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

The game is very sandbox at the moment.

WvW gets old, fun, but old. Nothing really has been added and wont get an update till February.
Dungeons are absent due to FotM rave and even then, there is always one person who disconnects and you wasted all that time, not to mention you want to group with friends, you’re like, 22, they’re like, 17, seriously? :/
Levelling is fine, although the zones get old doing them multiple times and the story line is bland, to add onto that there isn’t a secondary faction or anything so it’s just the same old thing.

I can see why people are getting burnt out to some extent, but the beauty of GW2 is that it’s a B2P MMO with no subscription fee. -shrug-

Burned out

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Burned out huh? Too much to do….in a game that people say theres nothing to do.. hmrmz

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Burned out

Posted by: djlowballer.7460

djlowballer.7460

Just stop playing and go do something else. I played obsessively during the first month and felt the same as you. A 2 month break later and I am excited to play all over again.

Burned out

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

I know what you’re saying, there is no relaxation. The game tries to challenge you constantly which really gets tedious, challenge should be exclusive to dungeons and raids imo. I mean, look at how much most people hate Orr…

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Burned out

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

me too but i still log in every day to do nothing and stand in la afk… Nothing to farm, no dungeons worth playing after you’ve done them since first week the game came out… this game has no goal. They keep on adding stupid **** as recipes for mystic toilet instead of adding new weapon/armor skins that drop from certain dungeons only, not gg.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Burned out

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

I agree that the overall ‘world’ experience is very imbalanced – it’s too intense too often and for too long. It’s draining, it’s annoying, it’s frustrating.

Burned out

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

I agree that the overall ‘world’ experience is very imbalanced – it’s too intense too often and for too long. It’s draining, it’s annoying, it’s frustrating.

It’s why most of us play GW2, want an empty easy world and “Hard lol?” dungeons you can look elsewhere.

I rather like an engaging outdoor experiance for once.

Burned out

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

no dungeons worth playing after you’ve done them since first week the game came out… .

Halfway to 2nd legendary and still missing a couple of paths since release.
Now you clearly understand the difference between us, moderation and enjoying everything with taste.

I’d like to ask you what do you consider as “fun”?
Not defending this game, but curious.

Burned out

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Sex would get boring doing it 15 hours a day too, log off once and a while.