Burning Down The House!

Burning Down The House!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

or Role-Playing a villain.

I like to role-play an evil Sylvari employed by Scarlet Briar. I often attempt to disrupt events such as Marionette and Tequatl. I never revive downed players but rather laugh at them and mock them. Sometimes, I even kite aoe mobs to downed players just to kill them. If anyone asks me about events or spawn timers, I often intentionally lead them astray by giving them misinformation. I’ve stolen countless Siege Golems and Repair Hammers on the Marionette event. Though I tend to warn the Marionette group well in advance of my intentions, they are rarely able to stop me. Another one of my favorite ways to spread misery is to intentionally start dynamic events which disrupt other events and player actions in the immediate area….such as starting the event at Mabon Market in Caledon Forest which renders the crafting tables completely useless.

And above all, in map chat, I am very vocal about my evil intentions. I am very keen to inform my enemies of their impending doom at mine own hands.

So, does anyone else role-play a bad guy? How do you do it?

“I am or-di-na-ry guy. Burning down the house!” – Talking Heads

Attachments:

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You are not role playing a villain, you are just a vocal troll.

Role playing would be, if you give the players a chance (and reward) to stop you from doing so.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

There are lots of people that do such things but generally they are not role playing they are just trolls in real life and enjoy making things difficult for others. I see them almost every time I log in.

The Burninator

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I tend to drop traps and AoEs on such people, unfortunately they don’t role-play burning to a crisp in the righteous flames as compellingly as I would have hoped .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I think I love you xDDDD

\||||||/
O°v°O

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

or Role-Playing a villain.

I like to role-play an evil Sylvari employed by Scarlet Briar. I often attempt to disrupt events such as Marionette and Tequatl. I never revive downed players but rather laugh at them and mock them. Sometimes, I even kite aoe mobs to downed players just to kill them. If anyone asks me about events or spawn timers, I often intentionally lead them astray by giving them misinformation. I’ve stolen countless Siege Golems and Repair Hammers on the Marionette event. Though I tend to warn the Marionette group well in advance of my intentions, they are rarely able to stop me. Another one of my favorite ways to spread misery is to intentionally start dynamic events which disrupt other events and player actions in the immediate area….such as starting the event at Mabon Market in Caledon Forest which renders the crafting tables completely useless.

And above all, in map chat, I am very vocal about my evil intentions. I am very keen to inform my enemies of their impending doom at mine own hands.

So, does anyone else role-play a bad guy? How do you do it?

“I am or-di-na-ry guy. Burning down the house!” – Talking Heads

This is called Griefing, and you can be suspended for this if people report you.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

This is called Griefing, and you can be suspended for this if people report you.

Yeah it is kind of like the OP posted saying, “Hey Anet, I’m trolling other players. Please review my chat logs to see if I need a 72 hour vacation.”

The Burninator

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

Yeah if I can’t kill you, then your not a villain, you’re a troll hiding behind the mechanics of the game. If you could flag yourself for pvp then did those acts, people would actually have a chance to stop you, which could be entertaining, otherwise it’s straight up griefing.

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

What a cute Sylvari.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

While I like the initiative you actively take and how you roll with this ‘role’, I fear that you are taking advantage of situations where players, even if they want to, cannot actually DO anything to stop you, because the players…literally can’t really do anything once you’ve already done something. If they were able to, I’m sure in PVP they would just kill you. Then it would be totally acceptable.

I’m afraid that with things as they are though, this is kind of rude and you’re negatively impacting enjoyment of the game in a way that players can’t legitimately combat.

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Yeah if I can’t kill you, then your not a villain, you’re a troll hiding behind the mechanics of the game. If you could flag yourself for pvp then did those acts, people would actually have a chance to stop you, which could be entertaining, otherwise it’s straight up griefing.

You’re a Ranger. I’m a Thief. You couldn’t kill me even if I were flagged. But that’s beside the point.

You would be surprised at the ingenuity exhibited by some of these humans. I have been stopped dead in my tracks, on occasion, by some very clever players.

Burning Down The House!

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Discussions of griefing or cheating on the GW2 forums is in violation of the forum code of conduct. If you witness any of these acts while playing, please report them using the in-game ticketing system so our Customer Support team can properly investigate the issue. The forum is not the place for such issues to be discussed.