Burning, which? Engi, Ele, Ranger or Guard

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Hello all,

Which class does the most Burning dps: Engi, Ele, Guard or Ranger?

Many thanks!

Posted by: blipplfc.4318

blipplfc.4318

guard i think heard someone got 9k damage put like 22 stacks of burning on them but there all good in there own way

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

From what I hear, the condi damage rankings would be the following:

Engi, Ranger, Ele, Guard.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

From least to greatest?

NSPride <3

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Greatest to least. Burn rangers are surprisingly good.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

It depends what you want to do.

Rangers are going to have the highest condition spam, they have better access to burning, poison and bleeding than any of the classes you listed: Quickdraw bonfire is ~14 seconds of having a fire field on the ground (5-20sec cd), and flame trap is another 3 seconds. That doesnt count Throw Torch or combos through the field. Every condi weapon set you might bring applies poison, and if you trait for it so does every pet swap. Poison and bleeding can be traited to do 20-25% more damage than the other classes you listed.

Guardians: These guys are going to have the highest burning burst. The rapid attack rate of sword / torch paired with improved virtue of justice and JI / Purging flames makes getting 9 stacks of burning on one person pretty doable. Guardians can trait for higher burning damage than other classes (in the same way that rangers can do this for poison and bleeds).

Elementalist: These guys are inbetween the ranger and guardian. They have more condi spam than the guardian but less than the ranger. They have more condi burst than the ranger but less than the guardian. They have far more sustain and condi-defense than both, and RTL+blink is better escape-ability than you are likely to get with either of the other classes as well. I would say they are the hardest of the 4 you picked to fight against (high sustain), but they are also the slowest to kill with (condi’s are side effects of skills and sigils for them, and not something thats spammed unless running scepter).

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Oh My God.8423

I actually want to build a strong condition DPS-er. I have played Power build for a long while. I am looking forward to trying something a little different.

These are the two Burn-centric Elementalist builds I have been using for the past few weeks:

Glyph build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnMICNNgFNA2MA8RgBBALCAFgHw8D2B3waT2GODA-TBiAABXcCAgZ/Bo1DAwDA4ZzfSrE0alfUr+DA-e

Signet build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodhcMosh9NwuB8RMIAYRAoA8AmfwOoIUby2QaA-TBiAABXcCAgZ/Bo1DAwDA4ZzfSrE0alfUr+DA-e

Both of them can stack up to 10+ (averaging 14) of Burning and 10+ of Might very quickly. The only downside is being so squishy.

This is the Ranger builds I have been playing:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJA3fjMqQ7K2sCuqAXLGKEqPBy9Ao/gh9E4JodfgKECE-TxhAABws/g0KBf28H0PAQnA1q/YtyPAOIAAA-e

This build is actually very good. It can easily stack up to 10+ of Burning. Might stacking is only about 5+. Even if I use Sigil of Strength, it is still just under 10 stacks of Might. It offers more group support with the two Spirits and Healing Spring.

This is the Burn-centric Guardian I made this weekend:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR8PlsAhmhY5QggIOiHqaA0A1rNEehHNPGt4MC-TxhAABX8AAgZ/BpVC+s5PqV/xalfAcRAAA-e

I have not decided what to go with Torch yet. Likewise, I have no idea what the third utility skill may be; at the moment, I am using either Hallowed Ground or Signet of Wrath.

So, any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Probabaly Guard/Ele then Engi then Ranger, Engi and Ranger are great condi dps, but a lot of it comes from bleeds, thing about Guard/Ele is their burning can be a bit more situational, less basic application and more awkward applications.

All that said I have the most experience with Engi, you can pop 17-20 stacks on something in like 4s with Incendiary Ammo/powder, Napalm, Fire Bomb, and Blowtorch, then you start the bleeds with Shrapnel Grenade and Shrapnel trait, then confusion with Concussion bomb and Static Shot, then poison with darts and such.

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Lol, at first glance I read this post title as “Burning Witch.”

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’ve been having fun as d/d rabid burn ele in WvW, I’m supposed to have 140% uptime on burn but stats cap at 100%

Can stack maybe 16 burn on opening burst with a constant 4-7 stacks in the downtime if they live through the burst.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Oh My God.8423

I think in terms of front loaded “Condition” burst, Engineer seems to be the best, although the combo is a bit complicated.

In terms of Burning burst, I think Elementalist is slight better than Ranger. But Ranger brings more group support. Most of the burn skills on both classes are on a shorter cooldown, which makes maintaining burning stacks much easier.

I however struggle with Guardian to reach the burst potential comparing to the rest, contrary to what others have suggested. Am I not doing it right?