But the PR of this game is full of ..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

This game is full of disappointments. Not much experience was expected.

The learning curve for skills and builds is long and complex despite what is advertised.

The time commitment for the game is huge for top gears and WvW coverage, not sure if it is for casual gamers.

Thought one can play it anytime one chooses; no, it’s more important to schedule life around events to be productive.

Dev said the update patch would encourage players to use full set of runes, but the “Superior Rune of Lyssa” lost all boons with all conditions removal after the update.

Thought “Hall of monuments” stuffs would be cool before GW2 was released, no one cares them now because “Legendries” have fancy foot prints.

Thought “Festival of the Four Winds” would be fun, but this time it has No Loot.

Somehow the PR for game always misleads and always deceptive.

Fire Water Air
FA

(edited by Lord of Rings.5371)

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Aren’t you that guy that keeps posting quitting threads?

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

wish he/she’d just quit already.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Aren’t you that guy that keeps posting quitting threads?

LOL!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

With the patch, now’s there is loot. Problem solved!

I like the HoM gear. So, some do care.

I play whenever I choose. Not everyone chases the World Bosses.

I am afraid I can’t agree with the whole ‘Skill learning curve is long and complex’. You may be on your own there.

If you weren’t expecting much experience, why do you feel it was a disappointment? Too much experience delivered?

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Learning curve too steep? A quick google search will reveal plenty of tutorials and builds you can rip off of and be successful with. The rest is pressing buttons, and if you can’t do that, it’s a problem with you (whether it be a medical condition or whatever), not the game itself because it doesn’t hold your hand and give you an instant-win button.

Time commitment is not huge. You can participate in WvW and contribute to your server’s coverage with an hour or two of play. You don’t need to be on in 12 hour shifts just because your server has a commander (or multiple) flipping stuff. Nor do you need to grind heavily for exotics. Ascended is optional. Heck, even exotics are optional. I’ve done Arah in full rares and carried the pugs I was with.

Scheduling life around events? Seems you put GW2 on too high a priority. You can be productive in the game no matter when you log in.

One rune change negatively affecting you does not negate what the changes intended to do. They succeeded pretty darn well if you reread what even you just said their goals were. Bonuses were changed and reorganized so people use full sets more than partials, and guess what? That’s exactly what has happened.

Hall of Monuments stuff was never going to top new stuff. That’s how you alienate new players just to appease your prior fanbase/supporters. They did this part right imo, so your complaint just doesn’t make much sense to me.

Practically zero loot was a huge turnoff for lots of people, me included. They buffed it though, but I haven’t really tried the CP events again. That being said, every last update does not have to be an absolute loot-fest to be fun.

Your QQ isn’t even legitimate. With all the valid complaints on this forum, you’re wasting people’s time. Move on to another game already.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Lord of Rings.5371

It is a hard game to quit because it is addictive.

One reason for the disappointment is the realization that no matter how much time one spends in this game there would be another carrot coming to tempt you and there would be seemingly endless carrots after that one. Why would one lose time for rest and sleep over it?

Fire Water Air
FA

Lord of Rings.5371

An example of straightforwardness is to make a GW2 map like attached instead of the foggy “Atlas” on the web site.

Attachments:

Fire Water Air
FA

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

One reason for the disappointment is the realization that no matter how much time one spends in this game there would be another carrot coming to tempt you and there would be seemingly endless carrots after that one. Why would one lose time for rest and sleep over it?

If the game is addicting then you like it and nothing needs to change.

/thread

Lord of Rings.5371

I think a clearly marked map would save players so much time and would add so much more fun for loot and boss hurting than without it.

It is apparent the development team wants to keep players in the dark.

Fire Water Air
FA

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Sounds Personal. If you have an addictive personality it’s not the game’s fault. I don’t find it addictive, i find it entertaining… calling this game addictive is taking away from the seriousness of real addictions.

Heroin is addictive. Gw2 is mildly entertaining.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Lord of Rings.5371

I hope the map can be of use for the community.

The red stars are world boss locations.

JP is for jumping puzzle.
GR: Guild Rush
GC: Guild Challenge
GP: Guild Puzzle

Fire Water Air
FA

Lord of Rings.5371

All the zone exits are clearly marked as well.

Fire Water Air
FA

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Where do you believe everyone gets the information for the maps? Could it be from GW2 assets, such as the API, or game images? I can’t see how we are ‘kept in the dark’ if we have access to such information. /shrug

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

I recommend to try DDO parallel to GW2. DDO is not so shiny graphic-wise, but can be extremely addictive if you stay there for a while. And, most important, it’ll be you who swings the carrot, not the game mechanics.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

So, you looking to be spoon fed for everything. I see.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

This game is full of disappointments. Not much experience was expected.
I love this game, yes there are problems but all mmo’s have them as a community its our job to show anet what they are in hopes they solve them

The learning curve for skills and builds is long and complex despite what is advertised.
GW2 is one of the easiest Learning Curves for MMO’s ive ever played

The time commitment for the game is huge for top gears and WvW coverage, not sure if it is for casual gamers.
Dailies/Monthlies, World Events 2 weeks to gain simple LS Achievements and tme capped Crafting all shout Casual to me

Thought one can play it anytime one chooses; no, it’s more important to schedule life around events to be productive.
Mega events every 15min means you can play anytime and still get into a mega event, LFG system for all parts of the game make it you can play anytime you want

Dev said the update patch would encourage players to use full set of runes, but the “Superior Rune of Lyssa” lost all boons with all conditions removal after the update.
All Condi clear + All boons to Removal 5 and gain 5 boons is Justified, its still a strong rune for wvw/pvp and holds the same value in pve as before

Thought “Hall of monuments” stuffs would be cool before GW2 was released, no one cares them now because “Legendries” have fancy foot prints.
I use some of them still even tho I have 5 legendaries, the Helms/armors are neat and different compare to others in game but the Legendary can be said about every weapon, Valcanus, Wings of Dwayna etc.. why use them when you got legendary

Thought “Festival of the Four Winds” would be fun, but this time it has No Loot.
If anet is moving away from Gold loots to more Item loot Im fine with that, Gold value has dropped and if it will help gold value thats good, they need us to let them know that the rewards still need to be worked on

Somehow the PR for game always misleads and always deceptive.

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Lord of Rings.5371

“5K+ AP” in lfg just proves that this game is not simple.

It could take about 1000 hours in game to reach 5K +AP.

Fire Water Air
FA

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

An example of straightforwardness is to make a GW2 map like attached instead of the foggy “Atlas” on the web site.

What sort of example is this? How am I supposed to know what’s written here?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Lord of Rings.5371

How am I supposed to know what’s written here?

Yeah. We should all ask our game developer to post English / EU languages versions.

Fire Water Air
FA

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You posted it, not a dev.

Oh, are you saying we should ask the devs to post this map in the other supported languages so we can see it?

And not being all sarky over language.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Lord of Rings.5371

I would be happy to see the development team posted map like this, but they rather spent time adding animated clouds on “the Atlas” with a fancy zoom where no players can see the whole map.

Fire Water Air
FA

Lord of Rings.5371

And Yeah. The development team has update maps in all the languages the game supports. They could have shared with us if they wanted to.

Fire Water Air
FA

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I’m just…gonna sit back and watch this thread. Yeah.

Anyone want popcorn?

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Is this guy leaving through a revolving door?!

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since this thread has yielded no constructive discussion it is now closed.