Buy Magnetite Shard via laurels!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

I would like to buy magnetite shards via laurels, or at least ascended amour with them.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I don’t raid, but I feel like that would cheapen the rewards for raiding too much. I have a ton of laurels, but it seems too easy for me to just buy raid-specific rewards with them instead of having to raid, or do anything more challenging than simply waiting.

If they want to eventually introduce some alternatives, I’m open to that, but laurels seem too easy as an alternative to content that’s meant to be challenging.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

TokyoGhost.6492

I don’t raid, but I feel like that would cheapen the rewards for raiding too much. I have a ton of laurels, but it seems too easy for me to just buy raid-specific rewards with them instead of having to raid, or do anything more challenging than simply waiting.

If they want to eventually introduce some alternatives, I’m open to that, but laurels seem too easy as an alternative to content that’s meant to be challenging.

Ascended armour was available long before raids, but is too expensive for most of people that dont have 6 hours per day to play.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

I say NO to both. It takes zero effort to obtain laurels. If you want the shards or ascended armor then work for it like everyone else that has.

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

I would have to disagree with this too. Getting laurels takes no effort, only time. These should be something to work for.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I say NO to both. It takes zero effort to obtain laurels. If you want the shards or ascended armor then work for it like everyone else that has.

It takes 0 effort to pay for raid carries as well.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The thing is, you can buy some ascended gear right now. There’s a logic to being able to buy the rest of it.

But, what you can buy is stuff you can’t craft. Maybe a compromise would be to allow the purchase of ascended materials with Laurels. You’d still have to get the skill up there to craft the items, but having Laurels to spend could speed up the process of making it and reduce the costs on some of the parts. (I’m not sure how many Laurels something like a Bolt of Damask should cost, though. 2? 5?)

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Which only a very small percentage of players do compared to the entire player base that would then be able to buy them with laurels.

Gator.5729

If someone chooses to buy their way through the raids that’s on them at least they were in the raid. The gold they use to pay for it is either farmed (earned) or from gems with real cash. Laurels are from simply logging in.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Ascended armour was available long before raids, but is too expensive for most of people that dont have 6 hours per day to play.

how do you need to play 6 hours a day to get acended?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

More like half an hour a day to get the materials for Wood/Metal and buy the stuff for cloth/leather.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I would like to buy magnetite shards via laurels, or at least ascended amour with them.

• Magnetite shards? definitely not. Those are intended to be a raid-only currency; it shouldn’t be available by spending any other currency in the game.
  • Ascended armor: not a good idea. Ascended gear is intended, in part, to be a sink for various mats, raising their demand (and therefore their TP value). Making it easily available for laurels defeats that intent.
  • Ascended armor, part II: laurel cost. You can already use laurels to get ascended armor.
    • Buy ~100-180 heavy bags of crafting materials & sell for ~1g average value. Then, buy the mats you need. If you craft your own ascended mats, you need roughly 100g/piece; if you pay the premium for instant gratification, you’d need ~180g/piece.
    • Not too long ago, it would have taken 200-400 laurels for the same purchasing power, measured in pieces of ascended gear.
    • Therefore, if ascended gear became available via laurels, I’d expect a cost between of at least 200 laurels per piece and probably closer to 300. I’m not sure anyone would be okay with that sort of pricing.

tl;dr no, I can’t imagine ANet agreeing to either proposal.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Substance E.4852

If someone chooses to buy their way through the raids that’s on them at least they were in the raid. The gold they use to pay for it is either farmed (earned) or from gems with real cash. Laurels are from simply logging in.

You get gold and rares showered on you now. Not having money at this point in the game means you spend it quickly, not that you’re “playing incorrectly”.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

You can convert laurels to gold and craft ascended armor, or much cheaper do fractals.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

More like half an hour a day to get the materials for Wood/Metal and buy the stuff for cloth/leather.

I’ve crafted one set, my other 2 characters with ascended armor have had them from drops. they have been over the space of a year from PvP. along with 6 weapon chests, and 8 rings.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Gator.5729

Farm the materials and craft the one a day items and soon you will have ascended armor. Buy your amulets and accessories with laurels or do the story achievements. Start running fractals to get your rings. Fractal 1-19 doesn’t require any AR. If your not interested in running raids then the only reason to need ascended armor is for high level fractals.

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Raids should have exclusive rewards, yes. That said, ascended trinkets with new stats should not be one of those rewards, those should be attainable outside of raids IMO.

Ayrilana.1396

Raids should have exclusive rewards, yes. That said, ascended trinkets with new stats should not be one of those rewards, those should be attainable outside of raids IMO.

Which they will be with the next season of the living story.

TokyoGhost.6492

It always drops to someone else guys. In this 4 years, only once I got ascended chest and it was from low fractal lvl.

Not a single drop of weapons out there nor rare items such as precursor in these 4 years.

How do you suppose I craft so expensive items such as ascended armour when nothing good drops to me?

Ayrilana.1396

It always drops to someone else guys. In this 4 years, only once I got ascended chest and it was from low fractal lvl.

Not a single drop of weapons out there nor rare items such as precursor in these 4 years.

How do you suppose I craft so expensive items such as ascended armour when nothing good drops to me?

How often do you do Teq/TT?
How often do you do fractals? What levels/tiers?
How often do you do the PvP reward tracks?

Gator.5729

You don’t need drops to craft ascended. Farm wood and ore, salvage all green & blue armor for cloth and leather. that’s all you need.

TokyoGhost.6492

How often do you do Teq/TT? Almoust every day
How often do you do fractals? What levels/tiers? Same as above, 1-40
How often do you do the PvP reward tracks? Once in 2-3 days I play PvP, currently doing glorious armour track as no other brings any good PvE loot

I am literally lord of calamity here among all of you. Not a single freaking drop. It feels like game don’t want me to play it.

Substance E.4852

Some people just have bad luck. Any bell curve is going to have folks on the kitten end as well as the blessed end.

I’ve personally gotten more ascended gear out of WvW rank ups than any other mode (though mostly worthless rings).

TokyoGhost.6492

Some people just have bad luck. Any bell curve is going to have folks on the kitten end as well as the blessed end.

I’ve personally gotten more ascended gear out of WvW rank ups than any other mode (though mostly worthless rings).

Then ANET should put me near most richest player to be its perfect opposite.

Ayrilana.1396

Yes but that possibility doesn’t mean that it can apply to every player that claims to be having bad luck without first looking at what they are actually doing. If they don’t do high level/tier fractals, do Teq/TT, and/or PvP reward tracks then of course their chances of getting ascended will be very low.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

How often do you do the PvP reward tracks? Once in 2-3 days I play PvP, currently doing glorious armour track as no other brings any good PvE loot

I am literally lord of calamity here among all of you. Not a single freaking drop. It feels like game don’t want me to play it.

To be honest, I think that Teq/TT ascended drop are too low. I mean compare it to the droprate in fractal, raid, sPvP or the time needed to get the mats needed to craft ascended. When it come to ascended WvW and Open World kind of get the short end of the stick. That said, the reward total for Teq is pretty good. You can’t just look at the droprate of ascended and you are not unlucky because the ascended droprate there is very small for everybody. Most people have either 1 or zero Teq skin, with very few people having 2+ of them.

If you play level 1-40 why do ask yourself why you don’t drop ascended?? I mean you are not suppose to drop much ascended in those level. As far as we know, there is zero chance at weapons from level 1 to 50. And if you do your tier 2 daily everyday on average you should drop 1 armor each 100 run or each 33 days. The patch was 15 days ago, the abnormal situation would have been that you dropped an ascended in those level.

You don’t play much PvP so of course it will take time before you get an ascended drop. But which level are you, because I don’t think you have a decent chance of ascended until you are level 30+ and get large rank up chest.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Almoust every day

From sparse data, the drop rate appears to be roughly 250-400 days to get one ascended. Even if my guestimate is wrong:

• Since any particular map has ~100 people, it’s not surprising that we often see people linking the drop.
  • Since any single one of us hasn’t done many TT/Teq, it’s not surprising that many of us never get ascended from these events.

• Same as above, 1-40

I wouldn’t expect you to get many, if that’s your routine. 0 is a bit low, but not surprisingly low.

You haven’t said whether you do the dailies, and if so, which (differing drop rates). Under the current mechanics, T4 offers the best chance, T3 offers a lesser chance, and the odds are slim and none for T1-2. (I don’t think the scaled bonus chests drop ascended, but my krewe haven’t done enough to see.)

• Once in 2-3 days I play PvP, currently doing glorious armour track as no other brings any good PvE loot

The question is about how often you complete a reward track, since that’s the determining factor. AFAIK, the odds are slim for getting ascended drop from the standard tracks and better from the rank-up chests (again: I don’t have a lot of data to go by, so this might be incorrect).

tl;dr you don’t seem to be doing just enough ascended-loot-dropping events to be hopeful that you’d get drops, but nothing close to being a sure thing.

I recommend:

• More and higher level fractals
  • More PvP
  • If you don’t have enough time, do fewer Teq/TT.
  • More champ bag or high-kill count trains. Champ bags have a small chance, but you can collect a lot quickly. Regular foes have an even smaller chance, but it’s a lot easier to kill lots more foes in the time you have than it is to increase the number of World Boss events you chase.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

No. Magnetite Shards is a raid currency rewarded for participating in the Forsaken Thicket raid, and is not to be acquired by other means. As for ascended armor, that would trivialize ascended crafting and also reduce the value of the gear substantially, which ANet definitely doesn’t want to do.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I, for one, am tired of having to jump through hoops to aqcuire a top-tier condi setup. And I have one of each weight class playing condi. I’ve got laurels galore, but still have to raid for months to finish a set of viper trinkets. Yup, they can be shared. Nope, I do not like doing that- it’s why I have 8+ sets of berserker trinkets and armor. That said, I do not think laurels should be able to be traded for magnetite shards, but I do think all ascended trinket stat combos should be available from the laurel vendor. You should not have to raid to acquire ascended viper trinkets.

OP seems like you want to almost directly trade laurels for ascended armor- I would not be okay with that. I would be okay with all stat combos being treated equally.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Perhaps I got a little too hung up on Magnetite Shards, and the raid-exclusive rewards. Why not just suggest adding ascended armor to the laurel vendor, then, instead of bothering about Magnetite Shards?

Ascended armor would have to cost quite a few laurels, but I would be conceptually okay with that option.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Sure, 1-3 laurels per magnetite shard sound fair

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Harper.6175

Harper.6175

But this is at least in part dependent on people being skilled.
At least it means 9 people are skilled enough to carry a 10th through raids for a fee.

Laurel acquisition is basically just logging in each day.

This sort of system is absurd.
“Give us access to the best and most rare rewards in the game simply because we logged in every day pls Anet”.

How about no.

Harper.6175

Farm. Learn how to make money in the game.

I have quite a big of money – Up until recently ( two months ago) I never had a drop more expensive than 80 gold.
Two months ago I did get a Gorseval infusion – but at that point I was already pretty well off money wise.

Learn how to make money – don’t expect it to drop.

Harper.6175

If you can do fractals at level 40 – just farm that for gold.
One hour in there should give you about 10 gold + drops ( exotic drops too).
Farm it – earn your money.