Buy Orders below Min Price still plague TP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NeedsFoodBadly.2671

NeedsFoodBadly.2671

According to this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/bltc/Unit-price-must-be-higher-than-vender-on-lowest-buyer

The devs are aware of this problem and are fixing it. That was according to a redtag. That was posted…over two years ago. :/

There are more threads about this in the archive.

How is something requiring such a seemingly simple fix still a constant annoyance years after the fact?

Remember: Don’t Shoot Food!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

John Smith
“You shouldn’t be able to place buy orders below vendor price, that is the bug. We’re aware of it and will have a fix soon.”

And they did. Those orders still there are old ones from before they stopped people from placing buy orders below vendor price.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It would be nice to see a posting reset for anything on the TP longer than 6 months. A lot of that stuff wouldn’t even make it back into circulation as it would be people who don’t play anymore.

There are plenty of items when I am searching from most expensive to least expensive that clog up the limited return data like golds selling for too much etc.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

NeedsFoodBadly.2671

John Smith
“You shouldn’t be able to place buy orders below vendor price, that is the bug. We’re aware of it and will have a fix soon.”

And they did. Those orders still there are old ones from before they stopped people from placing buy orders below vendor price.

Okay…so if that’s fixed then the problem is that Anet is leaving 2+ year old buy orders on the market. I’m pretty sure this has been suggested before but couldn’t they just remove them?

It wouldn’t be too crazy for orders to have an expiration date either.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

It would be nice to see a posting reset for anything on the TP longer than 6 months. A lot of that stuff wouldn’t even make it back into circulation as it would be people who don’t play anymore.

You are right, that would be a massive mat sink. I dont see though, how reducing general supply on the tp would do the economy any good.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Astral Projections.7320

John Smith

Okay…so if that’s fixed then the problem is that Anet is leaving 2+ year old buy orders on the market. I’m pretty sure this has been suggested before but couldn’t they just remove them?

As to removing them, I gather it’s too much trouble and they aren’t hurting anything.

John Smith: Source
Prioritizing a bug fix that doesn’t actually affect the TP usage at all over any fix in the game that does affect players would be irresponsible.

NeedsFoodBadly.2671

Well, it’s a bug or the remnants of one at least. And it annoys the crap out of me. And I know I’m not the only one.

And I’m pretty sure that no one would accuse Anet of over-prioritizing fixing a TP bug that’s over 2 years old.

Technically, all they would have to do is iterate through their old TP listings or simpler yet, simply remove any buy orders that were placed on or before the bug fix date.

I’m sorry if this sounds just beyond crazy. Just a thought.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Also, some of those were placed when that was the minimum price. Certain min prices have gone up, and the old orders stayed in the BLTC.

I should be writing.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

John Smith

As to removing them, I gather it’s too much trouble and they aren’t hurting anything.

Prioritizing a bug fix that doesn’t actually affect the TP usage at all over any fix in the game that does affect players would be irresponsible.

What a ridiculous post. You insult the OP and everyone who dislikes and is actually impacted by this bug, and then you give an assinine definition of priority. Were you trolling?

EDIT – OMG you were directly quoting john smith…I should have known. When it comes to removing the human element, he is the king…

Yeah, they should remove them. And Wanze, they are buy orders. There is no stock involved here, just meaningless buy orders that pump up gw2spidy, etc.

(edited by dietzero.3514)

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I like the idea of limited time buy orders. And Anet can take advantage of the listing fee as another gold sink. In the real world market, you can have the order set up to expire at the end of the day, end of the week, end of the month, or never. All our TP buy orders are GTC, or “good till cancelled”. All those one copper buy orders just clutter up the page. Can we set a limit on them in the future? Please?

Astral Projections.7320

John Smith

What a ridiculous post. You insult the OP and everyone who dislikes and is actually impacted by this bug, and then you give an assinine definition of priority. Were you trolling?

Yeah, they should remove them. And Wanze, they are buy orders. There is no stock involved here, just meaningless buy orders that pump up gw2spidy, etc.

/shrug

I was quoting John Smith and what he said on the subject (see the linked thread). If you don’t like the answer, take it up with him.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

John Smith

/shrug

I was quoting John Smith and what he said on the subject (see the linked thread). If you don’t like the answer, take it up with him.

Yeah, I realised later, hence my above edit. I cannot really comment without getting infracted, but john does not ever take human interaction into account.

My apologies for blaming you for john’s mistake.

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

They should really get rid of those old TP data that no one will be able to match when selling to the highest buyer…I hate seeing that someone wants to buy my item but they put their offer below the unit price…

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Two year old but orders sometimes get fulfilled…. Let’s just say I got a particular weapon for 158g a few weeks ago that the sell later prices are / were listed at 3000g.
Cancelling all old buy orders is not great.
Removing prices sub vendor makes sense that should not be fulfilled.
I often have outstanding buy later prices which may take a year to fill – but it’s also a form of saving

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Two year old but orders sometimes get fulfilled…. Let’s just say I got a particular weapon for 158g a few weeks ago that the sell later prices are / were listed at 3000g.
Cancelling all old buy orders is not great.
Removing prices sub vendor makes sense that should not be fulfilled.
I often have outstanding buy later prices which may take a year to fill – but it’s also a form of saving

You were probably a beneficiary of someone’s account getting hacked and the hackers just straight up liquidating everything in that poor sap’s account. (They sell immediately to buy orders, because ANet could detect the breach and lock the account at any time. They therefore want to get their gold as fast as possible so they can transfer/sell it off.) You haven’t done anything wrong, of course, but just saying that’s the most likely reason.

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

I wonder just how hard this could really be. The database has the minimum selling price they are using for new sales and a function already in place to allow a player to cancel an outstanding buy order. Seems like a cleanup function could fairly easily query the database for buy orders where the purchase price is less than the minimum selling price and then loop through the results invoking the cancellation function.

Wanze.8410

Iason clearly suggested to remove anything on the tp that is there longer than 6 months, that would include listings.

You are right, that would be a massive mat sink. I dont see though, how reducing general supply on the tp would do the economy any good.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Iason clearly suggested to remove anything on the tp that is there longer than 6 months, that would include listings.

Aiming it at the buy orders, however, would be a simple matter (on the surface). Basically a script crawling through the database and if the criteria “buy_order < min_value” is met, that listing is cancelled and the gold sent back to the player.

Ideally, the TP would prevent players from listing things at a value where the listing PLUS the taxes would mean the end profit is less than the minimum vendor price.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I suspect something like this will (or is unlikely to hit) when HoT releases.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

What a ridiculous post. You insult the OP and everyone who dislikes and is actually impacted by this bug, and then you give an assinine definition of priority. Were you trolling?.

No one is actually impacted by this. It has no impact.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

How is it healthy for an economy to sustain buy orders that are physically impossible to be filled as a result of pricing requirements?

Wanze.8410

How is it healthy for an economy to sustain buy orders that are physically impossible to be filled as a result of pricing requirements?

How is it unhealthy? I dont see any way how it impacts current functionality of the tp in a negative way.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

You’ve hit the nail right on the head. They can’t be filled. They have the same impact on the economy as money in someone’s bank.

I don’t get why people are upset by this. The very nature of the complaint is that there are things that cannot possibly affect anyone or anything.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

John Smith

It affects my usage. It means I have to go in to every non-zero item and see if I can actually just sell it now or if it’s just an old listing.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes