Buying Gems

Buying Gems

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kwitzak.6529

Kwitzak.6529

Is there a problem with buying gems at the monent I got an error 4 times i tried

Buying Gems

Posted by: ShaolinX.8673

ShaolinX.8673

As usual, something is wrong on either Anet’s or Digital River Ireland’s end (the company that handles the online purchases for them). I submitted a ticket, and while I can now at least see the gem purchase screen, the gem amount and payment sections are completely blank, with nothing available to select or input info. As a result, none of my previously entered info is shown nor prepopulated.

Get your stuff together, Anet. This happens far too many times, unreal.

Buying Gems

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

You’d think a company that needs money to survive would put all available hands on deck in case of a money emergency, but I don’t know anything about business so I guess this is an uneducated opinion.

Buying Gems

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Oh dear, OP, be careful. Sometimes it stores up the attempts and next thing you know you’ve bought four times as many gems as you intended.

Buying Gems

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Was taken offline for maintenance, and is now back online.

News and Announcements

Buying Gems

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You’d think a company that needs money to survive would put all available hands on deck in case of a money emergency, but I don’t know anything about business so I guess this is an uneducated opinion.

Fixing a problem quickly usually isn’t just a matter of having more people work on it. Especially with computers.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this was the top priority for whoever was responsible (as in a “drop everything, skip lunch and fix this” priority), but it might still have taken time just to go through the process required.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Buying Gems

ElectricGoat.8253

I still can’t buy gems through paypal. Try and try. I’ve been trying for a week strait now.

Buying Gems

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

As usual, something is wrong on either Anet’s or Digital River Ireland’s end (the company that handles the online purchases for them). I submitted a ticket, and while I can now at least see the gem purchase screen, the gem amount and payment sections are completely blank, with nothing available to select or input info. As a result, none of my previously entered info is shown nor prepopulated.

Get your stuff together, Anet. This happens far too many times, unreal.

Redirect yer outrage, folks. As Inculpatus cedo said, this was a maintenance thing, and gem purchases weren’t down for long.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/BLTC-Maintenance-Complete-10-October-2016/first#post6358339

Buying Gems

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I still can’t buy gems through paypal. Try and try. I’ve been trying for a week strait now.

I’m sorry you’re having that problem. I strongly believe the CS Team can help you if you’ll let them know you’re having issues. Click Support at the top of this page, then “Submit a request” in the upper right.

Thanks for helping support our game!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Buying Gems

ElectricGoat.8253

I’m sorry you’re having that problem. I strongly believe the CS Team can help you if you’ll let them know you’re having issues. Click Support at the top of this page, then “Submit a request” in the upper right.

I’m sure there’s a rule against discussing things about support, but I’ll say that the option has been tried to no avail. I wish you guys had a website to buy gems from, so that I wouldn’t have to fight with the system that doesn’t want to open the purchasing site.
Is there any way to give you guys logs of what happening? I’m sure it’s tossing out an error somewhere in the code no?

Buying Gems

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Time to use iDeal like the rest of the wold

Buying Gems

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

EG — Yes, many kinds of logs are retained, but there is a third-party billing vendor in the middle of the purchase cycle and I don’t know how it would be possible to address this except to contact Customer Support. If you have done so, and if you’ve allowed time to (and have) received a response, could you please provide me with the ticket number?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Buying Gems

ElectricGoat.8253

It’s been a while so ticket number 2397404.