Buying from gold farmers, Must be made illegal

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Praxis.6289

Praxis.6289

Already been spammed by certain bots who promote certain website who offer gold for much cheaper price than buying gems and converting them through Trading Post… I’m wonder if arenanet is planning not to just punish the bots/sellers but actual buyers(could be easily monitored by being mailed 100 gold or something)… I mean this thing directly undercuts arenanets profits through gem selling, would it make sense to penalize the buyers as well as the sellers ?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

ANet already bans accounts of players who are found to have purchased gold from third-party sites. They just go through due process first to make sure that players aren’t banned by mistake just for receiving 10g sent to them by a friend or something similar.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I hope they are thorough. In SWTOR I was banned for buying gold because a gold seller sent me 10k on two occasions. I was later unbanned when they noticed I had a few million in my account and had no reason to purchase such low amounts.

I’m not sure if the gold seller was sending money to the wrong person or randomly sending out low amounts of gold to throw off the devs.

(edited by illgot.1056)

Posted by: judeobscure.2537

judeobscure.2537

guys i want to help. will someone send me 10g, i just want to check something.

:)

its hard to remember we’re alive for the first time
its hard to remember we’re alive for the last time

Posted by: Shining KoW.4683

Shining KoW.4683

guys i want to help. will someone send me 10g, i just want to check something.

:)

It’s a trap!

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

It is illegal to buy gold.

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

I don’t get this thread. Normally, I would be opposed to the presence of RMT in a game, but when the game developer itself is an RMT company, then I want competition among them.

Here’s an informative link, might give some insight:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competition_

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

Anet isn’t going to change the USD price per gem because of gold sellers. All the transactions of gold => gems and gems => gold are based on the player driven economy of what is available. The only effect this would have is to drastically ruin the market.

Knowledge is power.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

If by illegal you actually mean bannable then sure, but I’m pretty sure it already is.

Posted by: Praxis.6289

Praxis.6289

I don’t get this thread. Normally, I would be opposed to the presence of RMT in a game, but when the game developer itself is an RMT company, then I want competition among them.

Its what I mean… Right now IF ya wanna spend 10-20 bucks youre better off using botters /farmers than arena.net service.

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Neither it’s illegal to buy gold nor can Arena Net do anything to make it illegal.

However, buying and selling gold is already bannable, it’s just a question of if they can proof it or not.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: DUAxWolff.2759

DUAxWolff.2759

Well, the problem is people use stolen credit cards to buy accounts to make bots, very hard to track. Also, if you do end up buying gold, (Don’t do it!!) you will be giving the credit card thieves… all of your credit card information. Do i need to connect the dots on this one? Plus, if they do not give you your gold. What are you going to do?

If people stop buying gold, they will stop trying to sell. Spread the world!

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

Its what I mean… Right now IF ya wanna spend 10-20 bucks youre better off using botters /farmers than arena.net service.

Naturally, any kind of unauthorized obtaining of gold or counterfeit money in general is going to be cheaper. That is essentially why the service exists in the first place. However, even though the service is more efficient monetarily, there are large risks involved. People don’t want to end up robbed and left for dead in the desert nor ,in the case of playing the game, have their accounts hacked and then later banned.

Knowledge is power.

(edited by BowmasterSol.3457)