Buying keys from uknown sellers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

There’s a guy who is selling TES Online for 21.51 Euro and Guild Wars HoT keys for 23.90 Euro. He has only 43 positive feedbacks and account from 2011. His keys are probably working but if they’re working are there other risks from buying from suspicious sellers like him? Can he steal my account knowing my HoT serial number or can I be banned if it happens that these keys were stolen?

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You can get your whole account banned .. so i would not try it.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yes, if the keys were stolen or a chargeback is issued, the account will be permanently terminated.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

You can get your whole account banned .. so i would not try it.

agreed and i seen a few like that. and they are now banned .

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

In addition to getting the account closed if ANet finds out, it always struck me as problematic for getting the needed information. You’re going to need the email and password they chose and it wouldn’t hurt to get additional information. If they give you incorrect login information, if you need to contact support for a problem and support wants information you don’t have or if they later contact support to get the account back, you’re out of the money and out of all the work you put into that account.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Just popping in to say that ESO had a big incline of keys bought with stolen credit card info and resold.

I do think it should NOT be a reason for getting the account banned if a HoT key is bought by the reseller with stolen credit card info and added to an existing (legit bought) account. Off course, the account should be stripped of HoT access.

But it is up to Arenanet to decide how to deal with such an issue. afaik, it hasn’t happened yet.

bottom line however is. if an offer is too good to be true, it generally isn’t.

For GW2 core game, there are discounts at resellers cause NCSoft sold them with discounts. HoT has only available for one price. people selling it cheaper mean they are loosing money on it. so safe yourself the hassle and don’t go for it.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

I ordered from an official distributor then. This guy’s auction is best selling right now, I guess there’s much less thinking people, shame that buyers names are hidden so I can’t warn them.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Just gotta say, if an unofficial retailer is selling anything for 50% off and said item hasn’t even been released, much less gone on more than 50% sale (which is the only way they’d make a profit it was legit), then they’re either selling you stolen goods or fakes.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Just wait for the discount. they will add 25% discount. But wait couple of months for 50% discount. And in about 1 year it will be 80% discount…