Bypassing 7 day wait with delete?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Matryoshka.1607

Matryoshka.1607

If I delete all my characters on a world, can I then select a new world, even if I have already done a “transfer” to that world and am still in the waiting period? How can I go about doing this?

I have just started the game so none are high enough to matter, so no worries there.

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

As far as I know deletes are instant.. you just press delete.. and then you have to fill in the name of the character to confirm. so I am not sure what you are talking about. It also doesn’t take 7 days to switch servers.. :P

Posted by: Majosea.2487

Majosea.2487

As far as I know deletes are instant.. you just press delete.. and then you have to fill in the name of the character to confirm. so I am not sure what you are talking about. It also doesn’t take 7 days to switch servers.. :P

Tell you what, go switch servers then come back and post again when you are back on your original server.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

1st transfer is instant, them you have to wait 7 days to before you are allowed to make another change.

Posted by: Matryoshka.1607

Matryoshka.1607

1st transfer is instant, them you have to wait 7 days to before you are allowed to make another change.

Even if you delete all your characters?

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Even if you delete all your characters?

Yes. I’m pretty sure this was done to combat the people who were transferring to their opponents server during WvWvW matches and doing acts of sabotage and then coming back (this may not be 100% accurate, so if someone who actually plays WvWvW wants to speak up, feel free to fill in the blanks).

Posted by: Mykkull.7943

Mykkull.7943

It was done to prevent the servers hoppers. People were bouncing from server to server just to be on the side that was winning. Why? I don’t know…could be many reasons. But there was a big deal about it for a while. In fact, when the change went in, they mentioned it. Maybe there was some sabotage going on, but that isn’t the reason for the 7-day wait between transfers.