CD Key Offers, Thought I'd Share!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AvaAzul.8290

AvaAzul.8290

Just received an e-mail from CD-keys.com and it seems they’ve got a sale going on for Guild Wars 2 + Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns Keys (Standard Edition)

$16.89 Without PromoCode
$13.51 With PromoCode (GW2CDKEYS20)

It’s a legit site as I’ve purchased from em’ before. I’ll be getting a couple keys for some friends who want to play. I thought I’d share with the community so we have more people in the game

Attachments:

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I dont think these are an approved retailer as far as i can see on the official gw2 approved listing.

If they arent, then any issues with the account risk not being supported (and potentially terminated in extreme cases if memory serves me). That would it make incredibly bad to buy from. Tdlr buy at your own risk to your account.

If ive overlooked them on the approved list….then as you were!

(edited by Randulf.7614)

AvaAzul.8290

“I dont think these are an approved retailer as far as i can see on the official gw2 approved listing.” ~ Randulf.7614

It’s highly unlikely you’ll risk your account being terminated as they sell many keys besides Guild Wars 2.

Also Back to your “Approved Listing” (See Attachment) it’s just listing typical retailers. Doesn’t say “Approved” or “Disapproved.” Also when you click a link it just takes you to the homepage of the retail site. It doesn’t go directly to the game purchase itself.

PS Good luck finding it at a brick and mortar store. (They’re like nonexistent)

Attachments:

(edited by AvaAzul.8290)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I cannot locate them on the authorized retailer list, and that’s a concern. In the past, key-sellers who were not on the list sometimes did not properly fulfill their sales. In a few memorable incidents, retailers took a whole lot of money from a significant number of people and gave them used keys in return. It was very sad, and of course we are not able to give refunds or replace the codes, because we never saw the money. In one such case, the retailer was actually a third-party, and he had to refund the money and then hope for a refund from the company from whom he bought the codes.

The bottom line is that you’re taking a chance with sales from unauthorized sellers or resellers. I would highly recommend shopping only with an authorized seller on the list you can find here and then use the toggle to find your country. Or you can buy directly from us here.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

cd-keys.com are not a scam website they actually sell keys for consoles as well as pc. They have never once sold me a dud key and all of the keys I’ve ever purchased have been legit. I’ve not bought for this game specifically mostly for my console but they are definitely not a scam.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

cd-keys.com are not a scam website they actually sell keys for consoles as well as pc. They have never once sold me a dud key and all of the keys I’ve ever purchased have been legit. I’ve not bought for this game specifically mostly for my console but they are definitely not a scam.

They might sell you functioning keys… but technically they would still qualify as a scam site if they are selling keys obtained through illegal means… considering that Gaile herself has posted concern on this topic, there’s a good chance that purchases of keys through that site may be fraudulent. ArenaNet likely never sees any money for the keys that are sold through that site. If the keys are cracked or stolen keys then there is the possibility that a legitimate retailer might sell someone a key that had previously been sold by that site completely unaware that the key that should have been unused had already been used.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’m happy you have had positive experiences. From what someone wrote, the site is akin to an eBay or Amazon, with individuals making sales. If that’s true, then there are a lot of variables on how a transaction concludes. Having been involved in trying to resolve issues, or communicate about risks in the past, I take a conservative approach to any seller that is not on the authorized list.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

AvaAzul.8290

I’m happy you have had positive experiences. From what someone wrote, the site is akin to an eBay or Amazon, with individuals making sales. If that’s true, then there are a lot of variables on how a transaction concludes. Having been involved in trying to resolve issues, or communicate about risks in the past, I take a conservative approach to any seller that is not on the authorized list.

Legally, it’s expected that a communications liason aren’t allowed to endorse companies not listed on the official website, due to possible legal ramifications.

However, luckily I’ve taken the risk and tested them 6x times and I can say with full confidence the keys they sell are legitimate. I have yet to receive a fake/non-working key to this day.

4x 2000 Gem Keys – Successful
2x Heart of Thorns Expansions – Successful

Attachments:

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

look a gray market with a really good deal
buyer beware
but look it worked for me

doesnt make it not a gray market

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

AvaAzul.8290

“doesnt make it not a gray market” ~Insanemaniac

No where in the comments provided did anyone state it’s “not” a grey* market.

(Use “CRTL + F” search “gray market” also search “grey market”)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you miss my point. the seller not being on anets list is a pretty good reason to avoid them. yeah it can work, but buyer beware. if you get screwed even once and they take your money, you would have been better off waiting for a lesser sale from anyone that anet backs up with the guarantee of “you wont get screwed”.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Legally, it’s expected that a communications liason aren’t allowed to endorse companies not listed on the official website, due to possible legal ramifications.

However, luckily I’ve taken the risk and tested them 6x times and I can say with full confidence the keys they sell are legitimate. I have yet to receive a fake/non-working key to this day.

You may not have spent much time in the Account Support sub-forum, where there have been multiple threads asking why their CD Keys only worked for a few days. Showing you successfully unlocked the account may not mean much, when it is terminated later because it was found to be a fraudulent key.

Best of luck.

AvaAzul.8290

you miss my point. the seller not being on anets list is a pretty good reason to avoid them. yeah it can work, but buyer beware. if you get screwed even once and they take your money, you would have been better off waiting for a lesser sale from anyone that anet backs up with the guarantee of “you wont get screwed”.

You’ve missed the point… of what you attempted to infer. You’ve attempted to state that it’s not a “grey” market. It obviously is a “grey” market. Why? because it’s not offically endorsed by Anet. If you’re going to take a shot and troll, do a better job!

buyer beware

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You’ve missed the point… of what you attempted to infer. You’ve attempted to state that it’s not a “grey” market. It obviously is a “grey” market. Why? because it’s not offically endorsed by Anet. If you’re going to take a shot and troll, do a better job!

buyer beware

He didn’t attempt to state that the website is not a gray market. He said that the site is a gray market, despite anecdotes from people who successfully bought from the website.

AvaAzul.8290

You may not have spent much time in the Account Support sub-forum, where there have been multiple threads asking why their CD Keys only worked for a few days. Showing you successfully unlocked the account may not mean much, when it is terminated later because it was found to be a fraudulent key.

Best of luck.

And where exactly are these threads that are making these claims? did they cite the website they’ve used? Please cite sources. I’ve attempted to search your claim on google. Zero hits.

https://www.google.com/#q=Guild+Wars+2+Cd+key+works+for+a+few+days

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

It’s a legit site as I’ve purchased from em’ before.

The keys are legit only up until Anet terminates your account. As others have said, you can activate the keys with no issue. But if the seller of the key does a chargeback to the source of the keys (Anet, Gamestop, etc), the keys are made invalid after-the-fact. The e-mail used to register the account is blacklisted, and you can’t recover it.

At least you admit to taking a chance at this purchase. So if latter you post about not being able to access your new accounts, you can refer to this thread and the warnings in it.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can find one on the front page of Account Support, as we speak.

You can find multiples if you go back to the time around launch, as well as any time since then. Try a search of the forums and use ‘Account suspended/terminated/can’t log in/etc.’

Good luck. (I hope your CD Keys are legitimate.)

AvaAzul.8290

The keys are legit only up until Anet terminates your account. As others have said, you can activate the keys with no issue. But if the seller of the key does a chargeback to the source of the keys (Anet, Gamestop, etc), the keys are made invalid after-the-fact. The e-mail used to register the account is blacklisted, and you can’t recover it.

At least you admit to taking a chance at this purchase. So if latter you post about not being able to access your new accounts, you can refer to this thread and the warnings in it.

Keyword “If…”

You really think a company that sells ONLY cdkeys would commit fraud, be real. If they did that it’d show up on one of the many reviews for this company.

Natto.5819

Keyword “If…”

You really think a company that sells ONLY cdkeys would commit fraud, be real. If they did that it’d show up on one of the many reviews for this company.

I don’t care about the company. If they’re just reselling keys, and one of them is bad, they can easily refund your money and claim ignorance. But with Anet, they’ll blacklist you permanently. I would name another company that does the same, but I don’t want to give them advertising like you are. I will say that they’re large and sponsor Esports teams, and yet they tend to sell a lot of fraudulent keys.

Key sites like this is easy to commit fraud. I could buy 50 accounts from a legit reseller, sell it to this site for 1/3rd the value, and cancel the transaction with my bank next month claiming I never bought these keys in the first place.

Save yourself the trouble. Just buy directly from guildwars2.com.

(edited by Natto.5819)

AvaAzul.8290

You can find one on the front page of Account Support, as we speak.

You can find multiples if you go back to the time around launch, as well as any time since then. Try a search of the forums and use ‘Account suspended/terminated/can’t log in/etc.’

Good luck. (I hope your CD Keys are legitimate.)

No Results on google, No Results on the official forums.

No Results on Support Page -Also-

Attachments:

AvaAzul.8290

I would name another company that does the same, but I don’t want to give them advertising like you are. I will say that they’re large and sponsor Esports teams, and yet they tend to sell a lot of fraudulent keys.

If you can easily defame a legit company, surely you can tell us all which company to avoid purchasing keys from. In the end you’d be doing a great favor for the community as a whole. After all the topic of this thread is Cdkeys! Sharing negative input on bad companies is always a good thing.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might want to familiarize yourself with the Stickies regarding ‘Searching the Forums’.

Personally, I don’t really care if you want to purchase your keys from an unauthorized site. I only post to warn others (that may heed your thread) that it may be more trouble than the money saved. /shrug

If an Official response isn’t telling enough, I’m not sure what would be.

Good luck.

Natto.5819

I would name another company that does the same, but I don’t want to give them advertising like you are. I will say that they’re large and sponsor Esports teams, and yet they tend to sell a lot of fraudulent keys.

If you can easily defame a legit company, surely you can tell us all which company to avoid purchasing keys from. In the end you’d be doing a great favor for the community as a whole.

No, you’re right. Never buy from G2A. You can google search them and spend days reading about how greymarket keys are bad.

AvaAzul.8290

You might want to familiarize yourself with the Stickies regarding ‘Searching the Forums’.

Personally, I don’t really care if you want to purchase your keys from an unauthorized site. I only post to warn others (that may heed your thread) that it may be more trouble than the money saved. /shrug

If an Official response isn’t telling enough, I’m not sure what would be.

Good luck.

Stickies? Sorry but stickies would also be hit simply by using the search engine.

RoseofGilead.8907

Stickies? Sorry but stickies would also be hit simply by using the search engine.

What Inculpatus means is that the forum search doesn’t work properly. So, searching for threads on the forums via the search bar won’t work for you. And there is a Sticky discussing the fact that the forum search doesn’t work.

AvaAzul.8290

What Inculpatus means is that the forum search doesn’t work properly. So, searching for threads on the forums via the search bar won’t work for you. And there is a Sticky discussing the fact that the forum search doesn’t work.

Links are always helpful, rather than simply suggesting there’s one… But no matter I’ll search every tab (Crtl+F, very helpful for searching fast)

[Update]
Search tool is broken and needs to be fixed.

(edited by AvaAzul.8290)

RoseofGilead.8907

Links are always helpful, rather than simply suggesting there’s one… But no matter I’ll search every tab (Crtl+F, very helpful for searching fast)

[Update]
Search tool is broken and needs to be fixed.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Searching-the-Forums/first#post4701411

That’s the Sticky in question, if you’re interested. And yeah, they know it’s broken, but they can’t fix it/ don’t plan to fix it anytime soon.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Grey market key seller.

Might work, might not. Don’t complain about your account getting locked out from using an upgrade key that has questionable origins.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The legitimacy doesn’t matter, because the only people that should be buying HoT at this time are those looking to profit from the login rewards. I’m surprised they haven’t nerfed this / people actually buy gems.

For everyone else, simply wait one month for the next expansion. This sale doesn’t make HoT only $13, it’s $13 more since it won’t be eligible for a refund.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Best of luck.

And where exactly are these threads that are making these claims? did they cite the website they’ve used? Please cite sources. I’ve attempted to search your claim on google. Zero hits.

https://www.google.com/#q=Guild+Wars+2+Cd+key+works+for+a+few+days

Here is a thread from a few days ago, on the first page of the account section of the forums: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Account-suspended-43/first#post6633527

The player bought their key from G2A. As I pointed out in that thread, ArenaNet has that website on a blacklist.

Just because they sell keys for a wide variety of games across multiple platforms doesn’t mean they’re “legit” or trustworthy.

G2A, Kinguin, and MMOGA all offer similar variety for game keys across multiple platforms (among other stuff). But they’re all on ArenaNet’s blacklist, as can be seen by their Tybalt Leftpaw Reddit bot: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4vd9on/i_hope_this_will_keep_the_people_away_from_g2a/d5xej23/

The thing is, not all fraudulent keys are caught right away. Sometimes it can take a while, and sometimes they’re never caught.

From what I can tell, CDKyes is “legit” in the sense they don’t sell fraudulent keys and do give what people pay for. But, they are a “grey market”. They get legit keys to resell, but are not authorized resellers for some or all of the games and other goods they sell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/61z9xe/is_cdkeyscom_legit/ A mod here says that (CDKeys) is not allowed in the /r/gamedeals subreddit because they are a grey market. Other comments here say it’s a grey market, with at least 1 mentioning they’re not an authorized reseller.

How does CDKeys get their keys they sell? Well https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/61z9xe/is_cdkeyscom_legit/dfld4yl/

They buy retail region lock free games (from russia for example) where the game is much cheaper and then sell the cd keys online. So, no, they are not an official games vendor but i haven’t heard of people getting ripped off by them.

CDKeys’ own FAQ page: https://support.cdkeys.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200890562-Frequently-Asked-Questions#6a

Other Questions
a. Why are your products so cheap? Our management team have over thirty years of combined experience within the industry with an extensive network of suppliers and contacts from which to source products. We buy from all corners of the globe to ensure the cheapest possible prices and as we only sell products in digital form we’re able to make significant savings on postage and related expenses – we then pass these reductions on to you, which ensures our pricing is the most competitive around!

A couple years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/30zq02/is_cdkeyscom_legit/cpxbzbw/ Same thing:

CD key sites like that tend to be considered a legal “grey area”. They are not authorized resellers. The keys could be taken from products purchased on the black market, there’s no way of knowing. That said, the codes will most likely work fine. There’s a good chance the money you pay is not supporting the developer though. I would recommend waiting for the games you want to go on sale and buying them from authorized sites.

The bottom line is, if they aren’t on ArenaNet’s list of authorized retailers (and Gaile Gray already said they aren’t), you would be taking a chance when purchasing from them.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Guys, this has gotten quite heated, so I think it’s time to wrap this up.

A wealth of experience has told me that dealing with authorized reps is best. This applies to where I choose to I buy my games right down to where I choose to buy my socks.

My unmuzzled, non-legally-regulated advice ~sorry, couldn’t resist! ~ is to choose your seller wisely.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)