Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Sorry, what is “CDI”?

CDI GvG When does it start?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Sorry, what is “CDI”?

Wow, it’s finally been so long since we’ve had an official CDI that there are now people on the forums who’ve never even heard of it…

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No idea where the Sticky went for CDIs. Oh, well.

Collaborative Development Initiative, I believe.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

No idea where the Sticky went for CDIs. Oh, well.

Collaborative Development Initiative, I believe.

It has its own section in forums game discussion section. OP I’m curious to know when it will be starting too!

Necromancer Main

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh, yes! Duh!

Old age is … less than desirable.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Oh, yes! Duh!

lol np.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I sort of hope it doesn’t, after the last CDI and lots of people clamoring for other topics to start looking at.

I used to think they were an interesting tool to gather opinions, insight, and information out of players who were willing to sit down and discuss things. But . . . lately I feel it’s a waste of the developers’ time to monitor/moderate, and less useful since they more often tend to devolve into two groups of players talking at each other rather than to each other. And of course, the drama around why some topics are picked and not others, whether anything has come from the process, and if it’s worth taking part in it at all.

After the second to last one, I seriously changed my mind regarding the potential value of the CDI program, and voiced a simple opinion on the matter. They are either an interesting tool, but more often are too much of a waste of effort to justify the intense commitment from players and developers.

It’s only worth using as a process if the majority of contributors are willing to be open-minded as well as critical. While it can be described as a brainstorming process, there is a value to breaking apart ideas and trying to refine them through discussion. But it starts to fail when a response is purely “this is a terrible idea” without an attached “and here is why I think that” willing to lay out why they think that.

Anyway, yeah, I sort of wish it doesn’t start. If it does, let it be during after the holiday break so the ANet employees are recharged and ready rather than needing to leave it unattended shortly due to the break. (Remember, it’s only ten days til Christmas Day.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

It beats the alternative.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Young age? Lol. Matter of opinion there.

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

It starts when HL3 is released.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

I sort of hope it doesn’t, after the last CDI and lots of people clamoring for other topics to start looking at.

I used to think they were an interesting tool to gather opinions, insight, and information out of players who were willing to sit down and discuss things. But . . . lately I feel it’s a waste of the developers’ time to monitor/moderate, and less useful since they more often tend to devolve into two groups of players talking at each other rather than to each other. And of course, the drama around why some topics are picked and not others, whether anything has come from the process, and if it’s worth taking part in it at all.

After the second to last one, I seriously changed my mind regarding the potential value of the CDI program, and voiced a simple opinion on the matter. They are either an interesting tool, but more often are too much of a waste of effort to justify the intense commitment from players and developers.

It’s only worth using as a process if the majority of contributors are willing to be open-minded as well as critical. While it can be described as a brainstorming process, there is a value to breaking apart ideas and trying to refine them through discussion. But it starts to fail when a response is purely “this is a terrible idea” without an attached “and here is why I think that” willing to lay out why they think that.

Anyway, yeah, I sort of wish it doesn’t start. If it does, let it be during after the holiday break so the ANet employees are recharged and ready rather than needing to leave it unattended shortly due to the break. (Remember, it’s only ten days til Christmas Day.)

The last CDI is what prompted the CDI getting it’s own subforum and rules of conduct. I’m curious to see if the next CDI will turn out better for it.

As for when? There’s been no information on it. I would guess not until Feb though. I say that because we have the holiday’s this month, then they’ll be busy with restarting the LS in January.

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

The moment it starts is the moment you know that GvG will never be implemented.

Posted by: Rip Van Winkle.4859

Rip Van Winkle.4859

Never I hope… GvG is crappy nonsense to me…