CE art print sizes (for frame)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

I’m wondering what is the size for the collector’s edition’s art prints and the frame it included. I was planning on hanging some of dem babies on my wall, but sadly there’s only one frame and the size for the prints seem to be some stretched A4 paper. I think it’s called “A4 legal (215,9 × 355,6)” or something, but I can’t find frames of that size.

All the frames I’ve seen around here have been sized after A4, A5 etc.

Any ideas?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you have the frame and print, I suggest applying a ruler. Then you can go to a frame shop and ask them to make you frames of that size.

If you don’t have them, you can’t hang them anyway … but I’ll fish out my frame where it’s buried under cd’s and stuff on my desk and measure for you. I’d just rather not, I’ve made that area a barrier to keep the cat from going way back where I can’t get her.

Ibbuli.4027

Going to a frame shop would be a no-brainer, I just wanted to know if the size used for them actually exists already. I measured them and it seems to be the size “A4 legal” like I mentioned earlier, but I’ve just never seen any ready made frames for it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can always get a bigger frame and mat them. Either make the mat yourself or perhaps there are ready-made mats that size.

Ibbuli.4027

I guess if I want to get the exact size, I’d need to go the the frame shop. Bummer.

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

One thing to keep in mind with store-bought frames is that they more than likely are not archival quality. Your print will fade, and the non-acid-free backing will damage the print over time. So if you just want the prints up where you can see them, great. If you want to preserve them, go custom even if it is a bit pricy.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold