Call and Cast : Targeted Abilities

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Premise:

The purpose of this function is to easily announce game play relevant information in chat while simultaneously using the ability.
See, http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Call

• These steps do not have to be updated all at once and in my opinion only steps 1 and 2 are needed the most.

Steps:

1. Provide a Separate Hotkey

Right now as default, ‘left ctrl’ is “Show Enemy Names” AND shouts out skills/buffs/conditions in chat.

A similar issue arises with ’left shift’ as “Show Ally Names” and listing clicked objects.

• Example Hotkey names: Call and Cast, Click and List.
    The focus here is Call and Cast.

2. Provide the Simultaneous Function

Call and Cast key bind’ + activating skill = ability usage AND message in chat. This must include use through other key bindings.

• The function needs a different ‘chat suppression’ that would have a shorter period of suppression (3 seconds at most).
  • Something to consider would be implementing a special option for players to block the chat produced by this function.

3. Provide Context

Essentially this is where an automated message along with the call is shouted out in chat and varies based on the context of the player’s selection.

• Examples: “I am afflicted with [Bleeding]!’” “I have [Aegis] on me.” “I am using [Judge’s Intervention] on ‘Xterra!’”

4. Provide Additional Information

At this point the system has advanced enough to provide weapon/utility bar information and trait allocations through a link in text that would be synonymous to GW’s template system.

See, http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Template

Conclusion:

Many people use some form of audio communication to call out their abilities, this will not be a replacement but an assist to help locate visually where critical abilities are being executed. Eventually, in the later additions, expedite the sharing of builds.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So…this is showing up on chat /say channel….not as actual audio in my ears, right?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

No audio would play. Though it would be humorous to hear Microsoft Sam pronounce things.

Currently if you held down ‘left ctrl’ and clicked an ability it would show up in the last chat channel you used.

If /say was the one you used previously then you might see “Brother Grimm: [Healing Signet]” however the spell wouldn’t activate.

Instead only “[Healing Signet]” would appear over your character’s head.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

(edited by Chinchilla.1785)