Can Guilds Transfer Servers?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thunderdragon.2597

Thunderdragon.2597

This might be already a topic elsewhere but since the Spring WvW Tournament is long over now, I wanted to ask these questions:
1) Can guilds transfer and keep their current upgrades?
- I ask this because it can take a very long time for small guilds to get back up on their feet again.
2) How much [on average] are server transfers now?
-If a link could be provided on that – that would be great, as we never have transferred before.
3) With all of the new megaserver changes and updates, would this be a bad time to transfer?
-Any tips or links will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Guild Wars 2 Veteran and WvW Veteran.
Commander, Leader, Team Player.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Guilds are tied to the server they were created on. You can only access a guildbank and upgrades on your homeworld, you cannot guest to your old world to get access.

Transfer costs are set by world population levels and include all your characters.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

PvE guilds have ZERO reasons to transfer. Megaservers. You can always find people on maps now, no matter what server you are on.

You can buy influence for guild upgrades.

Transfers cost 200g+ per person for very high servers. Just check the currency exchange.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

This might be already a topic elsewhere but since the Spring WvW Tournament is long over now, I wanted to ask these questions:
1) Can guilds transfer and keep their current upgrades?
- I ask this because it can take a very long time for small guilds to get back up on their feet again.
2) How much [on average] are server transfers now?
-If a link could be provided on that – that would be great, as we never have transferred before.
3) With all of the new megaserver changes and updates, would this be a bad time to transfer?
-Any tips or links will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

That you cant keep your current upgrades, influence, etc., is something Anet would like to adress but they havent found a technical solution for it yet.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Thunderdragon.2597

Thunderdragon.2597

Thank you all for the replies!
-Thank you for the link, it has given me a cost-estimate for the transfers and such.
-We are a WvW focused guild, we`ve been playing since the start and have literally “been there. done that.” in all the PvE aspects [excluding any up-coming living world]. When we aren`t helping other guild-mates for pve things, we WvW heavily and almost daily. Thus the reason transferring has come to mind, our current server isn`t very fun to be in for WvW.
Again thank you for the replies, should you have any more info or links I`ll gladly check them out.

Guild Wars 2 Veteran and WvW Veteran.
Commander, Leader, Team Player.