Can Henge of Denravi get help with Tequatl?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Q:

Once again our server has put forth the effort to organize an attempt at Tequatle, every week on Friday , and Sunday we manage to put the zone into overflow, and every week, we fail to get anywhere close to success. This last attempt was the worst I have seen in a while, we failed to even get to the first marker.

Would it be possible for a empathetic developer or someone who gives a crap about this game, to join us on Friday and help us figure out what we are doing wrong? The majority of us know the gimmick/methodology – placement of people, job responsibilities, important targets etc… and yet we can not get to 50% completion?

I realize the developers have moved on to other things, and probably don’t give a rats kitten if the people playing the game are having fun, as long as they get their paycheck, But it would be nice if HoD could say “we manage to beat tequatle once or twice a month.”
As it is now, the dragon is lucky if anyone shows up at all, let alone kill it.

(if anyone replies to this post and makes a reference to black gate, I’m going to stab a kitten)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Really! I had no idea HoD did Tequatl. Interesting to know.

Posted by: Pexx.6327

Pexx.6327

Hi! If you can, please message me in-game at some point. I’d like to help the HoD community.

Red Rum Mai // Ozma Amzo

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Stream your attempt on Twitch and we can offer pointers.

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

I seriously doubt you will get a response from any developer on their biggest fail that is Tequatl.

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

the problem is we have too many servers, henge should just die and be merged into other servers, not everyone has a happy ending

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

It may be possible to get a few very experienced Teq killers to give a few pointers. What time do you do it? (Server a
Time?)

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Reanne.5462

We gave up doing it on Fridays it appears, our next attempt will be Sunday at 7pm eastern time. I won’t be there, and probably won’t attempt tequatl any time soon, as it conflicts with my school schedule. I wish it wasn’t such a pita to time around irl stuff.

Posted by: Rathore.9348

Rathore.9348

I been on HoD since launch, but I’ve killed Tequatl at least 100 times now with TTS. If you’re filling Sparkfly but still not getting the kill then something’s definitely going wrong. Feel free to whisper me if you have questions on character builds, consumables, what to set up, etc.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I seriously doubt you will get a response from any developer on their biggest fail that is Tequatl.

I wouldn’t call it their biggest fail. 10/10 on effort if nothing else.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There should be several youtube walkthroughs. The problem is over-micro managing and lack of individual thought from what I remember of failures on other servers. Turrets need to have people who know how to shoot at teq and drop poison cleansing, they need a team each at the chock-points to prevent champs rolling over them. One dps zerg on each side. Then it comes down to splitting evenly to defend the battaries. Once done properly people remember and will do it again. Getting into the rhythm is the hard part.

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

You can send a couple of good players / good commanders of your server to guest on Jade Quarry during one of our Tequatl kills. We do it daily 3 times. They can see how it is done and implement the same. Initially it will help if one or a couple of large guilds of your server organise the kill on your server.

(edited by Ankushp.7245)

Reanne.5462

I appreciate the responses from those of you offering to show me how to do the tequatl fight. But I must clarify. I know the methodology.
And the Commander in charge that runs the attempt, understands what needs to be done very well also. The problem is that Henge of Denravi as a server seems incapable of accomplishing something that other servers “do three times daily”, “with almost a 100% success rate” I would hope that the makers of the game will acknowledge and put some thought into how such a big boss fight and “World Event” could downsize based on the number of people who show up to do it. I am not a think-tank, they designed the kitten thing. Take the Champs away from the turrets when the instance isn’t maxed out with people or something. If we were getting anywhere close to killing it, I wouldn’t be so adamant about something being changed. But if 80 people show up and don’t do 25% damage… Why doesn’t anet just rename the event the “TTS event” and only have tequatl show up in the sparkfly zone that that guild is going to play in.
I would prefer that the game were designed for everyone to play, not just those who Guest to a high populated server or join a guild with the exclusive control of the event.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Uh so what is the point of this post? To actually get some help or to complain about the encounter and how you fail to utilize strategy?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

TTS goes to HoD to do Teq often, since that’s the main server of one of the leaders.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Reanne.5462

Is it really so hard to understand how people from a server would like to have some ‘home instance" pride? of course TTS can do it, that’s not the flipping point. EVERYONE should have a fighting chance to succeed.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I was wondering when some kitten would show up like you Vol.

Doesn’t change the fact that your post went from actually asking for help to some random, directionless rant about TTS or large scale fights.

I was going to offer suggestions, but now it looks like you do not have the mindset to succeed at Teq if you are going to complain about others when you refuse to look at yourself.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

It looks like the consensus answer to the topic question is “no”.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Smooth Penguin.5294

Is it really so hard to understand how people from a server would like to have some ‘home instance" pride? of course TTS can do it, that’s not the flipping point. EVERYONE should have a fighting chance to succeed.

Everyone does have a chance to succeed. The question of whether or not you’ll do so rests with the server’s desire to coordinate. And skill is required as well. Gotta know what you’re doing in order to win with the event mechanics.

Reanne.5462

how do you get the server to coordinate? People see that an attempt is being made, they don’t want to use TS but they show up anyway, they don’t follow the commanders instructions, but run around just trying to kill randomly. What tools are there to make everyone on the map play the ‘correct’ way? Why is there not room for a scattering of n00bs on the map and to still have a chance to succeed? Success at this should not require 3rd party programs and memorizing the Dulfy guide.

I am obviously not getting my point across, and the more I respond the more people like Vol are going to show up and make simple minded comments about my post itself, instead of the point of the post.

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

If people aren’t coming to TS you need to utilize map chat and have your commanders constantly telling people to do their job. TS makes things a heck of a lot easier but by no means do you need it for a Teq kill.

You also need to reinforce the idea of teamwork and that if they listen they will get loot. Everyone always wants loot If I’m in an OF and no one is on TS I’m constantly chatting in map and reinforcing the point that if we don’t work together we won’t get the kill and when I get surpressed (like normal) I get other commanders/server mates to chat for me.

The other thing you have to be able to do is adapt on the fly. If you have trolls, ignore them. If people aren’t listening gather those that are and soldier on. Don’t be afriad to get people in map to help you out. If they have things to do and feel like they can make a difference I find they are more inclined to listen.

Obviously this strat won’t work for everyone and it’s just what I’ve found to work best for me.

~Soren

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Smooth Penguin.5294

how do you get the server to coordinate? People see that an attempt is being made, they don’t want to use TS but they show up anyway, they don’t follow the commanders instructions, but run around just trying to kill randomly. What tools are there to make everyone on the map play the ‘correct’ way? Why is there not room for a scattering of n00bs on the map and to still have a chance to succeed? Success at this should not require 3rd party programs and memorizing the Dulfy guide.

I am obviously not getting my point across, and the more I respond the more people like Vol are going to show up and make simple minded comments about my post itself, instead of the point of the post.

So you want to be able to just show up, spam your 1 skill, and expect to win with Elite Content?

I think your point is more along the lines of “Entitlement”. Events like this require everyone working together. Zerg mentality goes nowhere once the Teq Stomp wave washes over you.

Reanne.5462

NO Smooth Penguin, that is not what I want, I would like to see the majority of the people there working together, stacking their finishers and blasts. Fighting the battle the way it was designed to be fought, but if 10 people show up on the map and all they know how to do is spam 1, the event should still get past the 25% marker, as long as the majority have a clue. I am not asking for the old tequatl back.

Posted by: Yodaman.3274

Yodaman.3274

I would suggest you find someone in TTS (Tequalt Terror Squad, etc) and worked with one of the leaders to use HoD as a rally spot during one of our normal raids. We have successfully done it countless times and I’m sure we wouldn’t mind helping you guys out.

FA [BOSS]/ Ragarok Lvl 80 Ele/ Invisabelle Lvl 80 Mes/ Oni Sa Lvl 80 Thief/Hammon Lvl 80 Guardian

Smooth Penguin.5294

NO Smooth Penguin, that is not what I want, I would like to see the majority of the people there working together, stacking their finishers and blasts. Fighting the battle the way it was designed to be fought, but if 10 people show up on the map and all they know how to do is spam 1, the event should still get past the 25% marker, as long as the majority have a clue. I am not asking for the old tequatl back.

In this single post, you’re saying that you want people to be able to work together, as the event was designed for. But then go on to say that spamming 1 should be just as good?

Reanne.5462

if 10% of the people on the map are spamming 1, and 90% are doing what they are supposed to be doing, we should still succeed, or at least come close.

Reanne.5462

I am bumping this, because tomorrow is Sunday, and HOD will be making another attempt.