Can I get punished for reporting too much?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: remix.9856

remix.9856

Because I do everytime I see a gold seller spamming and it usually averages around 5-10 times I get online.

Posted by: Aquaic.9164

Aquaic.9164

I would think not, unless the reports you have been submitting came up false, they would probably just ignore your future reports.

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

Yes, Anet will ban you from reporting way too many people who are breaking the rules. How dare you… shame on you…

Seriously, dude?

/sarcasm

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: WooShoo.4381

WooShoo.4381

Yes, Anet will ban you from reporting way too many people who are breaking the rules. How dare you… shame on you…

Seriously, dude?

/sarcasm

Considering the stuff people have been banned for already, I think this is a valid question. ANet doesn’t believe in warnings, so I don’t see a problem with any player asking about anything, so they don’t log in to find themselves suspended for 3 days over something most think of as a stupid question …like abuse of the reporting system.

Posted by: Volias.9653

Volias.9653

I would imagine if they did it would be for too many false reports, however, I agree it’s more likely they just ignore that players future reports.

Posted by: LED Head.2439

LED Head.2439

I would think not, unless the reports you have been submitting came up false, they would probably just ignore your future reports.

Actually I have read the Reporting rules posted by Anet and they have a clause in there that says if you report excessively false reports they can and most likely will ban you.

I assume if you are reporting accurately and the claims are true or as true as you believe them to be at the time of the report than I don’t see why they would ban you.

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

BTW what do you guys choose as a reason when reporting gold sellers? I realize I’ve been choosing “scamming” but it may not be the most appropriate … ?

Posted by: Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Daysy of Ascalon.1974

It’s possible that those people might scam someone but we don’t know that. What we do know is that they’re definitely spamming, so that’s the appropriate report.

Having reported the same person multiple times over the last six hours, and seeing his spam still coming up, I can understand why so many have just switched off /map.

Posted by: FlukeRogi.2075

FlukeRogi.2075

Having reported the same person multiple times over the last six hours, and seeing his spam still coming up, I can understand why so many have just switched off /map.

Once you’ve submitted the report, just add them to your block list.

Posted by: August.2678

August.2678

BTW what do you guys choose as a reason when reporting gold sellers? I realize I’ve been choosing “scamming” but it may not be the most appropriate … ?

I started with “scamming”, but then changed to “spamming” as it seemed more appropriate.
I think either one works well though. It’s both scamming and spamming in my eyes.

And OP: I also report every gold seller i see in chat. I can’t think that ANet would see it negatively that people are reporting gold sellers, even if it is very frequently. So no need to worry I say, as long as the reports are appropriate.

nastyjmanThat explains why there were kittens muddled in some posters emotionally charged responses.

Posted by: Mike JezZ.4261

Mike JezZ.4261

Seriously, dude?

/sarcasm

The funny thing is, when you report, it actually says if you report too many thats breakign the rules.

What if it cant be proven?

Posted by: Eamil.7168

Eamil.7168

Actually I have read the Reporting rules posted by Anet and they have a clause in there that says if you report excessively false reports they can and most likely will ban you.

It also says so in the report window in-game, in bright red text.

But yeah, as long as you’re not submitting false reports I don’t see why you’d be banned for sheer volume of reports.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Answering to the main question: no, you will not get punished for reporting correctly too much. The ban comes for people who misuse the tool and report incorrectly (for instance, users who have not been spamming) or without any cause.

It actually helps us a lot when you keep on reporting these users. We know how much they affect your gaming experience.

Thank you very much.
I will proceed now to lock the thread.