Can PvE give you an advantage in PvP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vengeance.3509

vengeance.3509

Can anything in PvE give you an advantage in PvP. Also, is the game mainly about PvP or PvE. Given the size of the map in PvE, I would guess it’s quite PvE focused.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I assume you mean sPvP and not WvW. No, they are completely separated. You can’t bring any consumables or gear to sPvP. PvP has its own gear (top of UI while in the PvP lobby). The game is more oriented towards PvE than sPvP. A lot more players doing that.

WvW: you use your regular gear in there and most, but not all, consumables, such as food. A fair number of people play it, but I couldn’t tell you the numbers. Probably less than in PvE.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: vengeance.3509

vengeance.3509

I assume you mean sPvP and not WvW. No, they are completely separated. You can’t bring any consumables or gear to sPvP. PvP has its own gear (top of UI while in the PvP lobby). The game is more oriented towards PvE than sPvP. A lot more players doing that.

WvW: you use your regular gear in there and most, but not all, consumables, such as food. A fair number of people play it, but I couldn’t tell you the numbers. Probably less than in PvE.

So I am assuming that PvE is the most played, then PvP and last WvW

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Balance changes are focused on PvP. The game is mainly about whichever game mode you chose to play. PvP is specifically designed to be an even playing field, so no PvE grinding/etc. is going to get you an advantage there.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would say PvE, WvW then PvP, but it’s hard to tell since you can’t see the people who are actively playing PvP.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’d say wvw over pvp, just because it’s more massive and much easier to get into than pvp.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

PvE >>> WvW > PvP

In my experience. Of course all design decisions and balance changes are made on the sole basis of PvP. Which makes no sense, but ESPORTS!>?!?!?!/1