Can This get a sticky? Please.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sco.9615

Sco.9615

Okay, not this post but this one instead:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-message-from-our-Studio-Design-Director-Chris-Whiteside/first#post721451

I’m seriously tired of seeing a hundred diff posts about “OMG the world is ending!!” because people cannot use parts of their brains.

The above linked post should be linked in a properly named sticky in this sub forum. Thank you.

Also, for those of you too lazy to go and read it, here’s the main point:

- “We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.”

Now go pet a fluffy kitten…
(and by that I mean calm down.)

Communication is the greatest gift the world of today can offer us.
So why do we choose to ignore it?

Posted by: veritech.1048

veritech.1048

This doesn’t change the fact that they lied about their manifesto.

If ArenaNet seriously plans to go through with this, I will get my money back.

Scam artists are not protected under federal trade laws.

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-message-from-our-Studio-Design-Director-Chris-Whiteside/first#post721451

I’m seriously tired of seeing a hundred diff posts about “OMG the world is ending!!” because people cannot use parts of their brains.

The above linked post should be linked in a properly named sticky in this sub forum. Thank you.

- “We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.”

We have no reason to believe that. It was stated for years this would never be a progressive gear based MMO and here we are. Why would we take anything at face value anymore? That is the danger of completely changing your founding principles.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Just one word. Diplomats.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

To OP poster that obviously likes to attack people who CAN read….

We are also working on other reward and progression systems

Manifesto ALSO

so don t even dare to say peopl e cannot read if you are oneof those in denial of the reality.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Just to note they dident actually say anything in there. It was a rather sloppy response. In no way did it address any of the issues we have brought up. Ill give it its brilliantly worded in such a way that someone not giving it proper attention would think it actually answered questions.

Posted by: Ensio.8172

Ensio.8172

This doesn’t change the fact that they lied about their manifesto.

If ArenaNet seriously plans to go through with this, I will get my money back.

Scam artists are not protected under federal trade laws.

Please provide a link to a statement where it is said that exotic items are the “plateau” of gear that they talked about prior to release.

Judging by the statement in the OP, ascended (and eventually legendary) items are said “plateau”.

Still, would be best for Anet to spell out their intentions.

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

That post didn’t answer anything! They need to say they are or aren’t anymore tiers of gear planned after Ascended, or if more gear is planned for new dungeons with different stats.

Posted by: bibster.6289

bibster.6289

that statement is very vague. he didn’t say they will not be anymore adding a new tier of gear. it only states every three months. which means more new tiers of gears to come not just every 3 months

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

No gear treadmill since 2007 with GW1.

They explicitly said NO gear treadmill in GW2 too.

“Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it,
that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game.
Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Guess its clear.

What are they doing with ascended stuff and boosting legendary who had the same stats as the exotic one ?

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

“We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.”

Reads:
“We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months (maybe more, but not three) that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on. And we will add other cheap dynamics to make you grind out to survive. Sure you won’t have to get new/better gear, but you’ll have to refill the slots to compete in new content.”

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Manifesto? More like the bait for their bait-and-switch!

They need to to lay out in simple unambiguous plain english what their plans are for gear so we can see if their manifesto was worth the electrons used to display it.

They have little credibility now so I’d like to see this answer/plan of theirs posted as a sticky for all to see and be used as a benchmark for years to come if they expect me to remain a customer.

(check my acct purchase history for thes past 2 months Anet – I’m one of those unusual [perhaps crazy too] customers who dumps money in things I like. Violate your manifesto and I’m gone with all my money.)

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

That could mean that they’ll just add a new tier once a year, which still adds power creep.
Just much slower power creep.

I don’t think that it’s as bad as most people think, but I still don’t think that it’s a good thing, either.

Benight[Edge]

Posted by: Spryt.8012

Spryt.8012

Problem is this doesn’t really answer many questions people are having.

So if it’s not every 3 months then how often?
They also said they would add “progression” with larger updates. So this means we there will be at least 3+ months between updates/new content?
They say it’s not gear treadmill. However other games that do have it usually add new gear with expansions. Can be years between each expansion but it’s still considered a gear treadmill.

But most important is they said pre launch exotic would be most powerful gear and everything else purely cosmetic. If the new gear is meant to be a step between exotic and legendary then why have better stats on it? Would love for someone to explain this, maybe there is something I am missing here.

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Please provide a link to a statement where it is said that exotic items are the “plateau” of gear that they talked about prior to release.

Judging by the statement in the OP, ascended (and eventually legendary) items are said “plateau”.

Still, would be best for Anet to spell out their intentions.

Please provide a link to a statement where it is said that there would be another tier of item three months after release. Both can play this game of semantics, but hiding under it does absolutely nothing to argument when general impression was that in fact there would not be gear grind. Sure fooled a lot of people thinking that plateau was set at launch and it was known, hence people did make exotics under the impression that it would be the power plateau and transmuted those exotics.

As for Chris Whiteside announcement goes, why should anyone trust that now when they actually changed their own manifesto. Trust is pretty much gone.

[Hex]

(edited by Bogey.5423)

Posted by: rikuharada.3152

rikuharada.3152

Dont forget this part also too

Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items

Noted how she use the word “best in slot” instead of just plain Ascended. Know why ? it because saying Ascended will lock Legendary forever in Ascended realm and make it the top tier stats forever. The term “best in slot” is use instead because Ascended wasn’t the end of it, it will held it realm for at least 3 months like mr Whiteside already asure us, but anything after that, it realm as the “best in slot” seem pretty shady

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
thanks Sco for your suggestion. However, this thread has derailed and it will be locked.