Can We Expect Armor Clipping Fixes On Nov. 15?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Q:

any armor clipping fixes coming this patch? there are too many serious clipping problems to count.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

I think there’s more important issues that need addressing than graphical glitches, so my guess is ‘no’.

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

I wouldn’t bet on it, GW1 had clipping issues that existed from day one and still exist. They’re not far up on a.net’s list of things that need doing.

That being said, it doesn’t seem like issues such as Arah’s event chain breaking down are too important either either.

(edited by Mr Crazy Moose.5760)

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

they created a huge thread for us to report clipping issues. it’s many pages long. it seemed like they really cared about documenting armor clipping issues, which wasnt the case for GW1. because they took the initiative to get the thread rolling, im wondering if it’s going to be in an upcoming patch soon.

it can be argued that the dozens of serious armor clipping issues are just as important as improving pve, or adding new content. serious armor clipping seriously breaks immersion.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

fixing game breaking bugs take priority such as class imbalance, skill/trait bugs personal story bugs, all of these come 1st than cosmetic fluff stuff like clipping issues.
so NO it might take a long time before we see a fix for clipping issues, not that that stops us from dreaming and hoping to see it fixed and cloaks finally introduced

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

they created a huge thread for us to report clipping issues. it’s many pages long. it seemed like they really cared about documenting armor clipping issues, which wasnt the case for GW1. because they took the initiative to get the thread rolling, im wondering if it’s going to be in an upcoming patch soon.

it can be argued that the dozens of serious armor clipping issues are just as important as improving pve, or adding new content. serious armor clipping seriously breaks immersion.

Except that thread has had hundreds of replys for a long time now and not one thing has been done about it.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

fixing game breaking bugs take priority such as class imbalance, skill/trait bugs personal story bugs, all of these come 1st than cosmetic fluff stuff like clipping issues.
so NO it might take a long time before we see a fix for clipping issues, not that that stops us from dreaming and hoping to see it fixed and cloaks finally introduced

I understand small stuff being overlooked, but when my daggers are not even visible on my character, thats a problem. The fact that it only does it on some armor means that it should be an easy fix since it shouldnt even be there in the first place. Somewhere in the code some developer decided “lets make it so that when they wear this armor, their daggers will move INSIDE THEIR CHARACTER! HAH! That will teach them not to use something other than greatswords!”

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Let me say I would not hold my breath for graphical clipping to be fixed any time on this side of the decade.
It’s something which usually persists in a game, unless they change graphics engine or have nothing else to work on.

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

I hope,see this example,it realy look like….

Attachments:

Posted by: Ixal.7924

Ixal.7924

As ANet didn’t even bother to check for clipping when they designed the racial armor (Charr) its probably safe to say that they do not care about that and will never fix it.
And even if they wanted to, the game has so many problems that they will never find time for it.

Posted by: Polle.6908

Polle.6908

I hope,see this example,it realy look likeā€¦.

I thought norns had it bad with their wrists popping out of shields…..

(edited by Polle.6908)

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Be cautious when asking for fixes to graphical glitches. Last one that was “fixed” for rangers cost ’em 10% or more of their dps on the most popular weapon.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I think there’s more important issues that need addressing than graphical glitches, so my guess is ‘no’.

Just because you may not think it important, does not make it so.

Some of the clipping is quite horrendous and does need addressed sooner rather than later.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

They don’t just have one team fixing bugs and such, I’m sure their graphics department (or whatever they refer to it as) have been working on resolving some if not a lot of the more major issues. That being said armor clipping and such may come in second to the environmental and more major animation issues.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

Posted by: SNeg.8649

SNeg.8649

fixing game breaking bugs take priority [. .]

In a game where the endgame mostly consists of collecting nice-looking gear, clipping issues ARE game breaking.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

yes, i keep saving gold to buy cultural norn gear and the clipping/glitching isssues totally ruin what should be a “wonderful purchase” moment.

thus making me not want to save more gold to buy the next clipping/glitching gear.

the gear has not been verified with all body types, this is shoddy work.

if it was a moddable game such as skyrim, i would fix the mesh and/or rigging,
but as it stands, i must wait for someone to pull their finger out.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Just found something curious with the Witches Hat from the halloween event.

My Asura’s ears don’t clip through it, it was actually made to move with my ears. So it’s possible they could edit armor to be more “fitting” without any issues.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

yes, Knote,
it all depends how they rig the mesh.

the clips/glitches are just a matter of wrong mesh size and/or bad rigging.

just a case of bad quality control.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I hope they fix TA Heavy armor on Asuras, and Staves on Asuras as a whole.

The ears keep clipping, and it drives me insane!

For the love of.. Batman, PLEASE ANET, fix staves on Asura!

Posted by: Rojaha.4082

Rojaha.4082

There will always be “more important thing” like glitches, class balance complaints, etc. If ANet never worked on anything but those things, we’d never get anything. Anyway, I doubt the artist in charge of moving a pauldron 1 millimeter so it doesn’t clip anymore is also in charge of class balance and making sure dungeons work.

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Most likely, no.

Although I do agree that some meshes, most notably on swords/shields really seem off. It annoys me to no end, to see how my warrior holds his weapons: 1h sword with the hand all the way down at the pommel and the shield hovering about 20 cm from his forearm. I wouldn’t hold my breath for any changes though, I don’t think they were announced or anything.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

In a game where cool-looking gear is the primary reward, this is a serious issue. I picked the most athletic body build for my warrior and her thighs clip through her skirt even when she’s idle, and I consider that a minor glitch compared to the charrs whose entire forearms clip through their shields.

I’ll repeat it: armor aesthetism is one of (if not THE) primary rewards in this game, so I absolutely disagree that this should be a secondary priority compared to balance or whatever. This is just as important.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Fairly certain armor/weapon design teams are seperate from the ones in other areas so hopefulley at some point they fix graphical errors…like say almost everything you put on an Asura.

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

I doubt it. I’m holding off buying my tier 3 cultural. HOW CAN YOU DESIGN A RACES OWN CULTURAL ARMOR TO CLIP? I have the cultural shield t3 and the shoulders already, and they clip SO HARD. Very dissapointed, considering endgame is about looks and they can’t even get that wrong. I might just take a break for a few months and come back when hopefully the TONS of bugs are fixed.

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

In a game where the endgame mostly consists of collecting nice-looking gear, clipping issues ARE game breaking.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

When all classes have traits that actually work, and class functionality is equal across all classes, and events stop breaking every few hours, then you can complain about graphical anomalies being “game breaking.”

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

When all classes have traits that actually work, and class functionality is equal across all classes, and events stop breaking every few hours, then you can complain about graphical anomalies being “game breaking.”

You think the animators and artists work on the mechanical stuff, too?
If so, I think we have an idea why there’s so many bugs yet.

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

You think the animators and artists work on the mechanical stuff, too?
If so, I think we have an idea why there’s so many bugs yet.

I think that I’m not going to pretend to know how Arenanet runs their business, since I’ve never worked in the video game industry, or done any programming before.

I also think that I wasn’t making any assertion other than the fact that it’s silly to try to berate Arenanet for having higher priorities than perfecting graphical anomalies, when there are parts of the game that are still blatantly broken.

In addition, I think that I prefer when people take my statements at face value, instead of trying to put words in my mouth.