Can We Replace Dynamic Events In The Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zetherin.8372

zetherin.8372

I don’t know how many other people have a similar situation, but I find myself scrambling every day to try to find those dynamic events to finish it. And, like so many other days, today I got up to 98% complete and then lose it because the stupid reset is literally smack in the middle of my play time – by the way, I live in Ohio so it resets at 7pm. I get home at ~5pm and only have roughly 3 hours to play for the entire night, during the week. I can complete everything else pretty quickly and easily but DE’s seem to hide from me when they matter most. I’ve only actually been able to complete 2 dailies since the karma jugs were introduced, and not many before that.

Another question, since this is very unlikely to actually change: Does anything else count as an event, like say a skill point? A couple of days ago I did a skill point and I could have sworn that it counted towards it. Mostly because when you trigger a skill point where you have to fight something, it has the same appearance as a DE. However, today when scrambling to complete it, I did several skill points and none of them counted towards it.

Is anyone else having a lot of difficulty getting the dailies done?

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Tbh, the “hardest” for me is 15 different mobs.

If you have difficulty with DEs, either go to WvW, where you can get it within a few mins, depending on your server strength moment or Harathi Hinterland within about 30mins.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

At max level and low level events are easy to find. Between then it can be a bit difficult to find them. Just start an alt and knock them out with them.

Posted by: GamerToukotsu.4219

GamerToukotsu.4219

Metrica Province—You can obtain all 5 events and all 15 types of creatures in the start of the zone, near the zone in to Rata Sum, with very little ease.

Illusory Ally [TFD]
Illusionary Ally [TFD]
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Cerulean.5142

Cerulean.5142

I tend to do my dailys in Queensdale and get all of the DEs usually faster then the 15 variety.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Tbh, the “hardest” for me is 15 different mobs.

If you have difficulty with DEs, either go to WvW, where you can get it within a few mins, depending on your server strength moment or Harathi Hinterland within about 30mins.

I hope Anet find a way to seperate WvW/PvP dailies/monthlies and PvE ones. Like the way they have started going on the skills.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

again??? while you are running across any PVE map, you will have hard time EVADING 5 DEs. Do not mistake that as a personal attack, but are we actually playing different games? I am really flabbergasted.

Posted by: zetherin.8372

zetherin.8372

Thanks for all the informative replies. I’ll check out early Metrica Province tomorrow and hopefully it’ll go much better.

Posted by: Ravenblade.7685

Ravenblade.7685

I tend to do my dailys in Queensdale and get all of the DEs usually faster then the 15 variety.

Same here.

In Queensdale you get all the five events easily as they occur in high frequency and the place is littered with events.

You also get to kill oozes, bandits, skales, drakes, does, sheeps, rams, centaurs, a giant troll,grubs, harpies, spiders, boars,barracudas and bats.

Doable within 45-60 mins.

Siqqa, Asura Engineer

When I’m playing WvW I’m really playing LSD.

Posted by: Shajin.5492

Shajin.5492

For the different monsters types, remember the small critters count too. Like rabbits, rats, hawks and whatnot.

Posted by: Kyton.3815

Kyton.3815

If all you are lacking is Dynamic Events, I find it pretty easy to get them finished by logging into WvW and going to a nearby enemy camp. If you’re lucky there will be 1-2 Dolyaks there each of which count as an Event, as well as capping the camp itself. Although, I suppose if your server is dominating and you own everything this would not be a viable option. Definitely one of the fastest methods for me though, and available at any character level.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I leave Lion’s Arch at the canal waypoint and work my way across Gendarin killing different types of mobs and harvesting. Sometimes I get a few events there and then enter Queensdale at the beetletun zone in. Usually I can finish anything I have left right around that area.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

Personally if push comes to shove I go to Wayfarer Hills to get my daily done. Takes about 15 minutes.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I have trouble with getting that many kill variety.

I can see that if you’re in leveling zones doing zone-completion, it can be really hard to find DEs anymore.

I ran from one edge of the zone to the other without seeing a working DE or another player recently (I forget its name, it’s the one south of Blazeridge Steppes). If you’re in a lowbie zone, you’ll have to make a deliberate choice to find them, cuz parts of the world are dead quiet.

The OP should note that right after reset is a good time to start on tomorrow’s daily. In that hour from 7 to 8, kick them out. That way you can feel unencumbered to enjoy tomorrow’s gaming session.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

The daily / monthly achievement is there for you to take more part into the game contents. Anet is already made it so forgiving that you can obtain a lot of exp by finishing the short term achievement on each particular task. You are not required to finish all the requirements to gain the full reward of the daily, which imo is way better than most MMO where you missed just 1 kill and you get none.

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Dude just run plinx 1 time.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Don’t forget that the activities across different characters count too. If you’re having trouble finding enough DE’s or enemy varieties in the area you’re in on a character, switch to another character in a different map and get it there. (The XP for completing a Daily is pretty minor, since the bulk of the XP boost is awarded while completing the activities, and you can always put the Jug of Karma back into your Bank for your main to drink.)

Posted by: MrChoco.2837

MrChoco.2837

If u are lvl 80 just go to WvW or do the PLINX dynamic event (cursed shore) =P!

Posted by: Positron.7538

Positron.7538

For me, the fastest way to get the 15 unique mob kills is to explore the Thaumanova Reactor in Metrica Province. Thanks to the unique story line of the reactor, you can easily find 12 different types of monsters wandering around inside.

Posted by: Ravenblade.7685

Ravenblade.7685

For the different monsters types, remember the small critters count too. Like rabbits, rats, hawks and whatnot.

True. My original list even listed them. But I think that’s rather a bug than intent and bound to be fixed. Thus the future-proof list.

Siqqa, Asura Engineer

When I’m playing WvW I’m really playing LSD.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

again??? while you are running across any PVE map, you will have hard time EVADING 5 DEs. Do not mistake that as a personal attack, but are we actually playing different games? I am really flabbergasted.

I’ve encountered both phenomena. Factors include: server, zone and level. The starter zones seem to have lots of events, as does Cursed Shore. Some of the mid-level zones will have a bunch, some not so much. Running around Snowden Drifts, for instance, can yield very few events. For a time in Lornar’s about the only events I could find were protecting the cook’s assistant collecting eggs and the one with the Grawl who kidnapped one of the Norn for a sacrifice. However, the last time I was there, I ran into a lot more events.

@ the OP. Anytime you encounter an NPC in the open world with whom you can Talk (rather than Greet), do so. You might proc an event.

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

I’m finding that if you just take your character (regardless of level) to the beginner (1-15) zones you can knock them out in a hurry. The events are relatively small, fast and occur fairly often. Try Metrica Province. There’re always events going on there and all but the big fire elemental seem easy enough to complete quickly.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I always start in Orr and ride a chain. You can easily find events by going to the front lines (furthest uncontested WP). At the same time I gather whatever I find for money.
That way I just need 14 more mobs (only undead in Orr….) so I port to Queensdale. There’s very nice variation there.

All in all, I need less than an hour to complete them all. I get home at 5, dinner’s ready at 6.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I’ve encountered both phenomena. Factors include: server, zone and level. The starter zones seem to have lots of events, as does Cursed Shore. Some of the mid-level zones will have a bunch, some not so much. Running around Snowden Drifts, for instance, can yield very few events. For a time in Lornar’s about the only events I could find were protecting the cook’s assistant collecting eggs and the one with the Grawl who kidnapped one of the Norn for a sacrifice. However, the last time I was there, I ran into a lot more events.

@ the OP. Anytime you encounter an NPC in the open world with whom you can Talk (rather than Greet), do so. You might proc an event.

I don´t think time really is a factor. There are so many events easily soloable. If a map seems too different for that (eg. Cursed Shore events are a zerg fest of the NPCs), it is easy enough to go to a low level area or just a different zone for like 20 minutes.

Posted by: BadHealer.3608

BadHealer.3608

It deepends on the map you are on. E.g. take Queensdale as an example. Start in the Southeast and Go to the Northeast. There is a maximum of 2 DE that may spam (and one used to be buggy). If you are at the Northeast, you’ll have around 40 kills, 8 types of enemies, 20 resources and 1 event. You soon will get the remaning kills, but it will take much longer till you are getting your 15 types of enemeis (most map seems to have only 20 types at all) and if you are unlucky you have a hard time getting your DE.

I also rember that other maps where full of brocken events, making it impossible to find 5 working ones.

Posted by: Ashley.3408

Ashley.3408

the dailys are easy to do in timberline falls, theres a massive underwater bit that has 3 dynamic events and then theres one north with a village under attack they re up like every 10 mins if that

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

The Dailies were the hardest for me to get as well but as many have suggested it just a matter of finding the hot spots for DE’s. Don’t forget to jump in the water and kill a few aquatic creatures to get your 15 kills and also hit the critters you come across rabbits, rats, racoons ….etc. some of them will count for your kills as well.

Posted by: Cato.3547

Cato.3547

Agree, its annoying when u have to actually play the game to achieve something

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

15 different enemies or 5 events seem to be the last hurdle every time. That ijs ok obviously something has to be the last thing on the list. Knowing that you can plan for it though. Keep a few spots in mind where you most often find an event going or can trigger it yourself (collecting skale eggs in Queensdale is mine), and simply have a second character in a very different area you log into for those last 3-4 monster types, gets that done within 2 minutes.

Posted by: Alex Sanchez.6792

Alex Sanchez.6792

lol this one of the first ones I get. It doesn’t need to be changed.

Posted by: Creature.4038

Creature.4038

I just wish they would change it abit everyday for some variety and not have it exactly the same everyday

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

The daily is about playing the game and getting rewarded for doing basic playing.

If you can’t manage to tap 5 events…dunno what to tell you…other than you fail at E-Z.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

If I have everything completed but DEs I drop over to WvWvW, usually takes care of that fast.

Killing sentries counts as an event (flags on the map). So even if there’s no one around you can kill a few of those usually.

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

True. My original list even listed them. But I think that’s rather a bug than intent and bound to be fixed. Thus the future-proof list.

I don’t think it’s a bug. If I’m not mistaken, the 15 types means you should hit 15 separate “Slayer” achievements; and Critters are one of those achievements.

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

i think it’s truly impossible to not get 5 events unless you were actively avoiding everything. 15 kill variety is usually the last one i get. the definition of different types really makes this one the most difficult but doable to acheive

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Hmm, this is easily the easiest of them all to get mate.
several options available to do this one in a jiffy, for dailies and for monthly.

1- DE’s spawn in dungeons to so while doing your dungeon monthly req. you might also get this one done at the same time.

2- WvW spawns a bunch of events at an alarming rate.
defending a keep, storming a keep, taking a supply camp, capping sentry points those are but a few of the ones present in wvw that count towards your daily/ monthly.

3- dragon lieutenants meta events, these will get you there if you do more than one dragon chain.

the mob variety is also very easy to do, just go to queensdale kill some mobs, go to black citadel kill some mobs, go to kessex hills kill some mobs. By now together with all the dungeons and dragon events and WvW you’ve done this far you should have all of those daily/ monthly targets done and taken care off, including the 50 world invaders killed.

/You’re welcome.

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

I just wish they would change it abit everyday for some variety and not have it exactly the same everyday

Hmm, perhaps something along the lines of the Zaishen Missions and Bounties in GW1, where every day you’re being encouraged to go to a different part of the world. The current system does encourage you to find an efficient place (like the reactor in Metrica) and do the same thing every day.

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Hmm, this is easily the easiest of them all to get mate.
several options available to do this one in a jiffy, for dailies and for monthly.

1- DE’s spawn in dungeons to so while doing your dungeon monthly req. you might also get this one done at the same time.

2- WvW spawns a bunch of events at an alarming rate.
defending a keep, storming a keep, taking a supply camp, capping sentry points those are but a few of the ones present in wvw that count towards your daily/ monthly.

3- dragon lieutenants meta events, these will get you there if you do more than one dragon chain.

the mob variety is also very easy to do, just go to queensdale kill some mobs, go to black citadel kill some mobs, go to kessex hills kill some mobs. By now together with all the dungeons and dragon events and WvW you’ve done this far you should have all of those daily/ monthly targets done and taken care off, including the 50 world invaders killed.

/You’re welcome.

You can actually get all 5 events done by doing Jormag. When the shards first form, run around and tag all 4 (or just the three eastern ones), then the final one, then the dragon. Six events, right there. . .

As for mob variety, I usually finish that one either in wvw or while waiting on dragons. Cursed Shore farming unfortunately only gives 3 or 4 types, so I have to wander away to finish them. . .

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I finish all the dailies just by getting 12 Orichalcum nodes.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

There are some helpful ideas to help the OP locate some DEs that are easy to accomplish quickly. I happen to be in the camp where DEs aren’t much of a problem. I could just as easily not be in that camp.

Some things are just easier or more enjoyable to do than others, depending on when you play, your play style, lots of factors.

What I wouldn’t mind seeing happen with the dailies and monthlies is to be given a pool of 6-8 things to do, and be asked to accomplish any 4-5 of them to complete it.

Then you have a choice, and while you still might be stuck with one or two you ‘really’ don’t feel like doing, they are at least choices you picked and are the ‘least’ problematic for you.

If that makes any sense.

But nice to see some of the posts offer up some ideas and paths for completing them.

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

“Can we replace playing in the game”

a.k.a

Just give me the kitten reward lol idc.