Can a Guild Leader Demote another GL?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cupcake Fiend.1290

Cupcake Fiend.1290

I believe that officers cannot demote other officers with the same rank, but I’ve read some old posts and saw if a guild leader promoted another person to guild leader rank, that person could turn around and demote the other guild leader.

Did they ever fix this?

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

As guild leader is the top rank, who else would be able to alter the status of a guild leader if not another guild leader (or themselves)? What exactly needs to be fixed? Obviously promoting someone to guild leader is something to be very cautious about, but there’s no reason that promotion should be permanent if it doesn’t have to be.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not something to be fixed for the reasons stated by Skittish, but also because you can create two ranks: an uber rank, and one just below it, without permission to demote all ranks. It’s up to the guild to decide if they want co-leaders or not.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The entire point of the guild leader is that there is only supposed to be one. You cant have an omnipotent administrator without giving full permissions to that rank.

So just dont promote anyone to leader, make stronger officer ranks.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

As mentioned, there should be only one guild leader. If someone needs several people at the top, and yet doesn’t want to give officers enough permissions, then just create a new rank and place it above officers (and below guild leader).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Speaking from experience, more than one guild leader never works, and only creates alot of guild drama. It is best to pick the most trustworthy person for the highest rank, and make new ranks for other members that need different permissions.

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

My guild has around 128 (60-70 active) wvw focused members, and i think 9 leaders, maybe 10, never had an issue with it, don’t for see ever having one. It hasn’t caused any drama, no ones gone on a power trip. I may have made the guild but it’s just as much theirs as it is mine as we all put alot of effort into making it what it is today.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Speaking from experience, more than one guild leader never works, and only creates alot of guild drama. It is best to pick the most trustworthy person for the highest rank, and make new ranks for other members that need different permissions.

You are welcome to join our guild with 8-9-10 leaders. See how it works out without a single bit of drama. Or maybe we just don’t take ourself too serious.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

It’s not something to be fixed for the reasons stated by Skittish, but also because you can create two ranks: an uber rank, and one just below it, without permission to demote all ranks. It’s up to the guild to decide if they want co-leaders or not.

The officers in one of my guilds have their own separate guild bank because our regular guild bank is too full.

I had a full bank on two of my alt accounts. One of those accounts was a mule account and so I offered it up as the officer’s (of which I am one) of my main guild to use.

I am not the guild leader and wanted to retain ownership of the bank if anything ever happened to my main guild. All officers from my main guild are considered “guild leaders” of that account. The only thing they cannot do with that guild is demote me from my “uber rank” as IWN said. This way, I will always retain ownership of that guild bank.

tl/dr You want never be demoted as guild leader, don’t give other guild leaders you create that permission.