Can anyone explain?

Can anyone explain?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

This has been in this state for… pretty much a year… Now this is either a glitch or… something else is wrong here.

I have been without Enchanted Boosters for quite sometime because of this and I would hate to delete these EXP Boosters if ever they may could be converted again, yet it is taken up valuable bank space for me.

Does anyone know of this?

(Sorry, had the wrong screenshot up there, hopefully I fixed it this time)

Attachments:

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

Can anyone explain?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Try talking to the Black Lion Merchant and getting the powder to see if that works.

Be sure to move all other boosters to your bank (so that only the Exp boosters are in your inventory).

Server: Devona’s Rest

(edited by mtpelion.4562)

Can anyone explain?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Your inventory item is not a killstreak booster, it is a new booster type introduced with HoT that includes killstreak boosting. Mouse over the little booster icon in the vendor window to see the different tooltip.

Can anyone explain?

Jaymee.1560

Bah, crap no that was the wrong screenshot, I took the right one when I realized then posted the wrong one. I assure you, the XP booster bag is showing me the same exactly thing. I can’t convert them

Can anyone explain?

Jaymee.1560

Try talking to the Black Lion Merchant and getting the powder to see if that works.

Be sure to move all other boosters to your bank (so that only the Exp boosters are in your inventory).

Powder doesn’t work, I tried it

Can anyone explain?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Different XP boosters. Look closer. The one you can trade is the fine version, which was discontinued. What you have in your inventory is the rare version.

As Donari pointed out, this was something that came about with HoT. It has the kill streak built in, and you get 50% experience from everything, not just kills like the old one.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience_Booster

vs

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience_Booster_

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Can anyone explain?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, it’s two different XP boosters. The old one (the Fine quality one) is the one you can convert; it also no longer drops and is no longer available for purchase on the gem store. The new one (the Rare quality one) cannot be converted and does drop/is available for purchase. The Rare one is honestly a good booster to keep, if you ever have alts that need leveling.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Can anyone explain?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yeah, it’s two different XP boosters. The old one (the Fine quality one) is the one you can convert; it also no longer drops and is no longer available for purchase on the gem store. The new one (the Rare quality one) cannot be traded and does drop/is available for purchase. The Rare one is honestly a good booster to keep, if you ever have alts that need leveling.

Or masteries to work on.

Or to just blast through some pvp reward tracks.

I pop these things like candy. And I think they stack with the birthday booster, if I recall.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Can anyone explain?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, it’s two different XP boosters. The old one (the Fine quality one) is the one you can convert; it also no longer drops and is no longer available for purchase on the gem store. The new one (the Rare quality one) cannot be traded and does drop/is available for purchase. The Rare one is honestly a good booster to keep, if you ever have alts that need leveling.

Or masteries to work on.

Or to just blast through some pvp reward tracks.

I pop these things like candy. And I think they stack with the birthday booster, if I recall.

Yup. And they do, indeed, stack with the birthday boosters and other boosters.

Can anyone explain?

Jaymee.1560

soooo… the XPs I have are… useless when wanting to convert to the Enchanted boosters.

That’s just wonderful… (*sobs) Thanks for Nada Anet, I have had those XPs for years, you just had to go and ticker with them, didn’t you? Not to mention the Karma you stole from me. Pfffttt.

Can anyone explain?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m sure those XP Boosters will come in handy with the next round of Mastery Tracks. Or use them now if you’ve not filled your Mastery XP bars.

Remember, the Blue (Fine) version works for 1 hour, the Green (Masterwork) version for only half an hour, and the Gem Store Yellow (Rare) version for 2 hours.

Also, had you exchanged your Blue (Fine) versions in for Enchanted Combat (Reward Boosts not available for exchange from XP Boosters) Boosts (I did), the only options when using are Strength, Speed, Armor and Rejuvenation. I always opt for Speed and only use them on characters that don’t have a Speed Trait, Utility, etc.

Good luck.

Can anyone explain?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Cedo, the old experience boosters were the reward category, not combat.