Can not use the same ascended ring

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: XNEO.2657

XNEO.2657

I finally managed to find my type of build for my thief with the “Ring of Red Death” (infused) and i think would be great to have the double, so i spend 35 laurels and then infused it and then i used a versatile infusion, to realize that i can only use one, i thought unique was just a “tag” or something like that because i could buy another of the same ring, all that for nothing unique should be explained in the game or a red label saying that you can only use one at the same time, it is called unique but it can be sold for less than 5 silver

Attachments:

(edited by XNEO.2657)

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Unique is a standard item type in MMO’s.

It pretty much means that you can only have 1.

If you don’t understand something you can also type /wiki unique and it will bring up the wiki to explain it.

Sorry you made a mistake like when someone says a word you don’t understand, you need to look it up.

Also, it’s much better to purchase rings with pristine fractal relics and upgrading them that way.

Your only hope is a support ticket explaining your ignorance of the term and desire to obtain the crystalline band (You can use an offensive and defensive infusion version of the same ring.)

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Tecca.4036

Tecca.4036

It’s certainly a standard MMO term, but with as many of these topics popping up, you’d think there would be some in-game definition directly on the item itself. Wiki is a great tool, but I wouldn’t count on most people knowing you can even search via the game like that. And it shouldn’t really be a requirement to figure out what a term means.

For people that don’t play MMOs, “unique” looks like “it’s a special item” and nothing more. And you can buy more than one, so technically the item description isn’t all that helpful. Plus, it seems that ascended trinkets are the only items with the tag, so it’s not a standard item description in GW2 itself.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I don’t deny that the unique on the rings could be better described and more prominent. Hover text should be placed on it so that if people hover over the word it will describe it’s function.

However, ignorance is ignorance and the only cure is information. Moving ahead without curing ignorance is a recipe for disaster.

People who don’t play MMO’s should be EXTRA careful because they are not knowledgeable of almost everything in the game. They should be spending even more time reading the wiki for things they do not comprehend.

Not doing so is a choice of the player, and there are consequences for that choice.

Till they change it to have a better description or mouseover text or (I hope it never comes to exist) a stupid pop-up box, the onus is on the player to learn about it.

Still, the only recourse is as suggested. Open a support ticket.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: PvM Chaos.5984

PvM Chaos.5984

Why don’t people ever do their homework before rushing into things…?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

We’ve been through this before, no its not a standard term.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We’ve been through this before, no its not a standard term.

Well it is in the MMOs I’ve played. All from different studios. Also visually in the item information it’s located where limitations are listed such as soulbound and account bound. That should be a clue.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

The thing is if they played gw1 then unique to them probably is just a word… http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Item_rarity …. this shows green labeled items in gw1 were “unique” but I had at least 3 presearing characters with multiple charr bags and this problem never arose… so for those saying it should be common sense… anyone who played gw1 may argue otherwise.

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I feel your pain. This happened to me as well, and while I’m all for taking responsibility for my mistakes, in this instance I truly felt there was no clear guidance informing me that two of the same rings would not be allowed.

Had this just been some gold or karma it wouldn’t be as big of a deal, but Laurels are time-gated, and this amounted to a loss of a month’s worth of time.

I submitted a ticket and got zero response. Good luck OP.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I feel your pain. This happened to me as well, and while I’m all for taking responsibility for my mistakes, in this instance I truly felt there was no clear guidance informing me that two of the same rings would not be allowed.

Had this just been some gold or karma it wouldn’t be as big of a deal, but Laurels are time-gated, and this amounted to a loss of a month’s worth of time.

I submitted a ticket and got zero response. Good luck OP.

You should either update your ticket, or try using a different email provider. If you peruse the Account Issues sub-forum, you will find that just about anyone that has corresponded with CS has had their Unique Ring issue settled satisfactorily.

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

I finally managed to find my type of build for my thief with the “Ring of Red Death” (infused) and i think would be great to have the double, so i spend 35 laurels and then infused it and then i used a versatile infusion, to realize that i can only use one, i thought unique was just a “tag” or something like that because i could buy another of the same ring, all that for nothing unique should be explained in the game or a red label saying that you can only use one at the same time, it is called unique but it can be sold for less than 5 silver

You can get a crystalline band (the defensive version) from fractals without spending laurels.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

U can use a ring of red death infused version, and a non-infused version simultaneously.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…