Can raven spirit glider be dyed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I was wondering if I could change that hideous gold hue to a hue more fitting of Nevermore’s ghostly aquamarine.

If gold is all you’re stuck with I’d prefer to save my gems.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes, it can be dyed. It has 2 dye channels but like the other “flame like” gliders it doesn’t take dark dyes well and some dyes show the underlying color more. (For example, Crushed Bone is yellowish rather than a warm white). The 2 dyes are intermingled as you can see in this video towards the end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=hTTo4kKAJq8

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Yes, it’s able to be dyed.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Thanks!

Now to find a dye color that approaches Nevermore’s hue ;>

EDIT: Winter Sky/Ice dye seems to be pretty close for anyone interested.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This glider is frustrating me. It’s perfect for my norn revenant who is supposed to be a devotee of Raven. But I already bought the black feather wings for him, I don’t know if I can justify a second glider for the same character.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

This glider is frustrating me. It’s perfect for my norn revenant who is supposed to be a devotee of Raven. But I already bought the black feather wings for him, I don’t know if I can justify a second glider for the same character.

If it helps, I don’t think you can dye it black, or even very dark. My Shadow Abyss made it a translucent grayish color. However you do turn into a person inside giant raven, complete with feet tucked underneath.

By the way, those black wings are sooooo last week! :P

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If it helps, I don’t think you can dye it black, or even very dark. My Shadow Abyss made it a translucent grayish color. However you do turn into a person inside giant raven, complete with feet tucked underneath.

By the way, those black wings are sooooo last week!

That’s ok, his outfit is actually mostly dark blue, with some black. Like the various Raven Shaman (unfortunately that outfit isn’t available to players, there aren’t even any feathery shoulders for heavy armour).

I quite like the idea of making the raven glider bright blue, like Nevermore.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

By the way, those black wings are sooooo last week!

That’s ok, his outfit is actually mostly dark blue, with some black. Like the various Raven Shaman (unfortunately that outfit isn’t available to players, there aren’t even any feathery shoulders for heavy armour).

I quite like the idea of making the raven glider bright blue, like Nevermore.

It depends if you’d rather have black wings you fly with or be inside a raven that not black. You can definitely dye it the brighter colors such as blues, reds, orange and yellows. You still see the person inside so that might be somewhat immersion breaking, depending on how you are thinking about it. Your char doesn’t really “become the raven.”

It’s nice. I like it well enough though I can’t say it’s my favorite. Maybe on my Norn. I haven’t played her in a while. I figure though it’s good to have multiple choices so I can switch around as I get tired of one or if I change my look.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve put it on a few alts. My fire ele was using the fire wings; this is a much bigger version. Another alt has it dyed all Shadow Abyss, which gives her a misty black ghost raven surrounding her as she glides.

One drawback I found when using it on a reaper (in dark green hues) while gliding about doing daily unbound magic gathering is that it’s very large and while you can see your character through it, it does obscure a lot of surrounding detail. I had some problems navigating to hovering magic with this glider equipped, whereas with the macaw wings I have no such issue. (I have my camera zoomed well back; I do not know if the problem would be better or worse zoomed further in but will not test it because it’s not worth the motion sickness I’d get).

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

An even bigger drawback is a bright white flash every time you deploy the glider. This is annoying when doing something like the Patriarch fight where you might need to drop altitude frequently to get to the eggs.