Can someone translate this?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I was playing ranked pvp and after ganking this guy over and over again, he whispered me something.

After my team won I also recieved a mail.

Attachments:

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

‘Seriously, you’re such a noob’ is what the whisper says. And ‘salty’ for the item, I suppose.

Nothing too bad, I would not worry about it.

Good luck.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

He said his whispers are coming from inside your house!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

He was mad because you outplayed him. To make himself feel better he had to tell you that it didn’t actually happen.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

A noob used to be someone who was new to the game, I wonder when it began to mean “someone who kills me with a weapon/class/build that I don’t like”?

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

A noob used to be someone who was new to the game, I wonder when it began to mean “someone who kills me with a weapon/class/build that I don’t like”?

You’re thinking of newb, or newbie. Someone who is new to something.

A noob, or n00b, generally refers to someone who isn’t good at something despite their experience, and seem to have no will to even try to get better at it. They also have a tendency to think they are good at something when really they aren’t and the refuse to admit just how bad they are.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Noob <—-educational material.

It seems the OP had repeatedly roflstomped a n00b and he was salty about it, which is typical n00b behavior.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Pfft. There’s not a single person who accepts someone else’s distinctions among newb, n00b, newbie, etc. To some people, they all mean the same; to others, they each have a nuance.

Regardless, I agree with Just a flesh wound: your opponent was devastated that they were outplayed. A better player would spend time figuring out how to play against all the “noob” builds; a “less-better” player blames the build.

As I’ve said elsewhere, noob builds don’t kill players; other players kill players.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Salty whispers means you did a good job.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Reason #246 to just stay away from PvP.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Pfft. There’s not a single person who accepts someone else’s distinctions among newb, n00b, newbie, etc. To some people, they all mean the same; to others, they each have a nuance.

Regardless, I agree with Just a flesh wound: your opponent was devastated that they were outplayed. A better player would spend time figuring out how to play against all the “noob” builds; a “less-better” player blames the build.

As I’ve said elsewhere, noob builds don’t kill players; other players kill players.

Yep.

Had an interesting discussion on another game’s forum recently when a moderator flew off the handle and almost banned someone because their personal definition was that noob or newbie meant ‘new player’ but newb was about the worst thing you could possibly call another player under any circumstances.

Most of the forum disagreed, but I think the end result is going to be that ‘newbie’ is what you call someone who is new and other spellings are too open to interpretation and should be used with caution, if at all.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

free crafting materials is what I see.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

free crafting materials is what I see.

Also 3 Bday boosters and cake guns.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Translation: “Waaaaah!! T.T”

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Rankomonaut.4708

Rankomonaut.4708

You’re thinking of newb, or newbie. Someone who is new to something.

A noob, or n00b, generally refers to someone who isn’t good at something despite their experience, and seem to have no will to even try to get better at it. They also have a tendency to think they are good at something when really they aren’t and the refuse to admit just how bad they are.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Noob <—-educational material.

It seems the OP had repeatedly roflstomped a n00b and he was salty about it, which is typical n00b behavior.

I would call it that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

But yes. Usually, I tend to send a package of salt to people that were flaming in chat about lost pvp.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Actually, since he sent you the salt, it means that you were the one b*tching about losing (either insulting the opponent’s team for their better tactics, or insulting your own teammatesfor playing lousy).

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Actually, since he sent you the salt, it means that you were the one b*tching about losing (either insulting the opponent’s team for their better tactics, or insulting your own teammatesfor playing lousy).

I didn’t even talk during the match.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Marica stands for an offensive way to call male homosexuals in latin america. It would translate in english as the word composed by 3 letters that starts with F and ends with G.

Second whisper is “are you really that noob?”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yah. That part doesn’t make sense until you realize he was trying to twist what happened 180* and then put it on you.

He lost: twist it 180*: you are the noob loser, not him
He is the one being salty (trash talks the other players): twist it 180*: you’re the one who who talks bad about the other players after a match. (Sends you salt package to say you’re salty)

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Then congratulations, you beat up on someone so dumb they can’t even get their memes right.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

That’s pretty sad then. I am used to such rudeness from games like Counter-Strike (the community being the main reason I quit last year), we don’t need that crap in GW. Seriously, some frustrated kids in PvP behave just like the CS kids (or many people on the internet in general these days, see Donald Trump).

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Narcissism and ignorance are a powerful, self-reinforcing combination – and yes, the internet has empowered it.