Can't finish monthly jumping puzzles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tomac.4867

Tomac.4867

One of the requirements for this months “Monthly Achievement” is to discover 30 jumping puzzles. Unfortunately I have been discovering them as I go, so there is no way I can finish this months achievement. I only have 2 puzzles remaining in the list.

Is there a way you can either adjust the requirements for those of us who are proactive on finding jumping puzzles, or maybe make an alternate requirement??

Posted by: Kopipoki.3542

Kopipoki.3542

you can rediscover ones you’ve found before the monthly. or you can just use alts.

Posted by: Dragula.7025

Dragula.7025

You can visit/discover the same jumping puzzles once per day.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Make a new character, go to Eternal Battlegrounds, walk into the Jumping Puzzle there. Delete the character. Rinse repeat until 30 JP achieved.

Tomac.4867

Thanks for the reply’s. I had thought they could only be discovered once, since they show up on every character as being discovered.

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

There was another post mentioning Lions Arch and overflow servers claiming you can complete the whole monthly JP task in about 15 minutes there (by logging in and out and redisovering the same puzzle on multiple servers).

It took me a lot longer than 15 minutes and I used several chars, but I can confirm that overflow servers count seperately towards the achievement. In any case it will be faster than making and deleting 30 characters

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

That, and, well, this month isn’t over. It’s the 6th (where I am at). Keep plugging away, you can do it!

Tomac.4867

It was never about actually completing it Aoshi, but the fact I didn’t know you could complete them again. I have completed all the puzzles but 2, and to be honest am not thrilled to have to do them again. I will go through and find the easier ones, hopefully that gets me by.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

remember, you only need to ‘rediscover’ the starting point…not complete the jumping puzzle =)

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Oh lol, my bad, I guess it was just the way I had interpreted it. I had found while searching that even on the official GW2 wiki, it states that you don’t have to complete the jp, just discover it. Alt method works, and the Lion’s Arch queue works as well.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

You can ‘rediscover’ jumping puzzles daily. If you ‘discover’ three today, you can ‘discover’ those same three tomorrow. Not sure if it is 24 hours or reset with the daily server reset though.

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

This achievement is a bit of a joke because it’s “discover 30” instead of something more meaningful like “complete 10”. In addition the 30 are not “unique” so there’s little motiviation to go and see the 40 puzzles currently in the game.

You can complete this monthly requirement in a couple hours without leaving Lion’s Arch. There are two puzzles you get credit for in LA simply by running to where they start (you don’t have to do them). That’s 2 points right there. You get those 2 points every time you switch overflows (as easy as logging out and back in when not in a party). Thanks to fractals there’s ALWAYS an overflow in LA (ironic). You can also repeat this exercise with alts since any toon can get to LA. Boom, within a couple hours you have all 30 points.

Is this an exploit? I don’t think so. ANet must have considered this when they made the achievement “discover” instead of “complete”. They also put in a rather large total of “30”. I tried to finish this achievement by actually completing unique jumping puzzles in the world. I finished all the puzzles in ascalon and it took a full Saturday of gaming. That’s a whopping 9 puzzles at the exclusion of all other content. Yeah this is a monthly achievement, but what other monthly achievement (in the history of monthly achievements) took more than a day of playing to complete???? The only one I can think of is “complete 5 dungeons” about 3 months ago.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You can ‘rediscover’ jumping puzzles daily. If you ‘discover’ three today, you can ‘discover’ those same three tomorrow. Not sure if it is 24 hours or reset with the daily server reset though.

I believe it depends on the puzzle.

Eternal Battlegrounds puzzle is 24 hrs and the others are at the daily reset (pretty sure).

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Tomac, as stated by players you can rediscover jumping puzzles to complete the achievement.

Thanks to everyone for helping this player. This thread is closed