Can't get into Winterdays activities

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Draghmar.2594

Draghmar.2594

Hi
Is this normal that each time I try to get into Winter Wonderland, Snowball Mayhem or even Bell Choir I’m getting redirected back to the Divinity’s Reach? How can I finish all the achievements if I can’t get to place when I should do them?

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

keep trying. I’m having the similar problem, though, just the Winter Wonderland one.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I try to do them on off-hours when I can avoid it. It’s too much hassle to get into Winter Wonderland anytime near reset. e__e

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Draghmar.2594

Draghmar.2594

This quite frustrating…How could they design it this way? I don’t have all day to stand there and waiting for some luck to get into. I tried standing for about 5-10min and trying to enter whenever I could but…no bonus for me this year. :/

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

It’s not designed to behave this way, it’s a bug with the map closing system that prevents some maps from closing after reaching 0:00 and people who happen to be in those maps take advantage of the infinite time limit to farm jumps. Since the system can’t close a map, it can’t open a new one, so you’re stuck competing with others trying to get into one of the few new maps that are created.

Edit: that’s only for the jumping puzzle though, I don’t know why you’re having problems getting into the snowball mayhem or bell choir ones, didn’t have any problems getting into those.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

At least in the JP, if you stay you get grandfathered into the next instance so it’s about getting in and not leaving. Problem is some players are simply locking themselves in JP by having their character run off the starting platform infinitely until they show up to actually play them.

Never had a problem with bell choir for getting in but I don’t play in prime hours often. JP can be a pain to get in but again it’s all about when you try. It’s the holiday break for schools as well as vacation from white collar jobs so it’s more busy even in the “off” hours in the US.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I also had this problem for the activities. I just kept trying and I always get in after several tries, so not such a serious issue, though it is annoying when it sends me back the the crown pavilion waypoint rather than the instance entrance.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)